Amazon announced that they will provide new customers with a one-year free AWS usage method starting from November 1. The products involved include EC2, Server Load balancer, EBS, and S3. The methods provided by SimpleDB, SQS, and SNS to new and old customers are not yet determined. Customers can use the service wherever they want, but there are the following restrictions:
- 613 hours for Amazon EC2 Linux micro-instances (750 MB in memory, supporting 32-bit and 64-bit platforms)-enough time to continue running each month.
- Elastic Server Load balancer 750 hours, plus 15 GB of data processing.
- 10 GB Amazon Elastic Block Storage, plus 1 million I/OS, 1 GB snapshot Storage, 10,000 snapshot Get requests, and 1000 snapshot Put requests.
- 5 GB Amazon S3 storage, 20,000 Get requests, and 2,000 Put requests.
- 30 GB of internet Data Transmission per month (15 GB of input and 15 GB of output data on all services except Amazon CloudFront ).
- 25-hour usage and 1 GB storage for Amazon SimpleDB Machine.
- 100,000 requests from Amazon Simple Queue Service.
- 100,000 requests, 100,000 HTTP notifications, and 1,000 email notifications for Amazon Simple Notification Service.
If the resources used by the applications deployed on the free account exceed the allocated amount, the additional resources will be charged according to the standard pay-as-you-go method.
To use the cloud computing platform of AWS, you must register first. Registration is free of charge. Go to the http://aws.amazon.com/free/page, click the register sign up Now button to start registration, and then follow the prompts to register quickly.
After successful registration, you can log on to the AWS console. For new users, the First Login will prompt you to register the EC2 service, that is, the Elastic cloud computing service. You must enter valid credit card information for registration. However, because we chose the free version, we do not need to pay for it. If you exceed the free service quota, you will be charged.
In addition, you must register the S3 service, namely, Simple Storage service.
In addition, Amazon uses phone verification. You need to enter a valid phone number at your hand. Soon you will receive a call from Amazon, remind you to enter the four-digit PIN code displayed on the screen. If the input is correct, the verification is successful.
It seems that it will take some time to use the EC2 service and S3 service after registration. I just registered it, and wait for a while to try it again :)
The Amazon cloud platform provides multiple virtual machines. You can start your virtual machine instance on the AWS management Console.
The following lists available virtual machine implementations, including Linux and windows. If you select a Windows Virtual Machine instance, you can control the remote virtual machine through Remote Desktop Connection and use it as your local computer.
The DevDay developer workshop next week will introduce our practices and instances on Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure cloud platforms. If you are interested in cloud computing, do not miss it. In addition, you can register an Amazon AWS account and try it yourself.