A doctor, a graduate student, and an MBA think about a bowl of beef noodles. My friends and I eat noodles in an inconspicuous shop on the side of the road. because there are not many guests, we chatted with our boss by the way. When talking about today's business, the boss felt a lot of emotion. He once had a brilliant experience. When Lanzhou was the most popular, he opened a noodle shop in the downtown area! Later, I did not do it. His friend asked him with doubts.
"What about thieves now !" The boss said, "I hired a ramen teacher, but I couldn't talk about my salary ".
"At the beginning, in order to motivate him, we divided him by sales volume. a bowl of noodles gave him a 5-cent Commission. After a while, he found that the more guests he had, the more income he had. As a result, he put excess beef in each bowl to attract regular customers. "," there are only four dishes, I used to rely on small profits for sale. What else can I earn if I put a few more slices of beef in each bowl!"
"Later I saw that this was not the case. He made all the money! I changed the way of allocation, and paid him a fixed monthly salary. It doesn't matter if the salary is given to a high point, so that he won't add more beef, right? Because the small number of customers is irrelevant to his income ."
"But guess what ?" The boss was a little excited. "He put a lot of beef in every bowl and drove the guests away !" "Why ?" Now we are excited. "If the amount of beef is small, customers will not be satisfied, and there will be fewer regular customers, and the business will certainly be light. He (master) doesn't care whether you make money or not, he has a fixed amount of work money, so you will be idle without any guests every day!"
Ah! As a result, a good project is out of the market due to poor management, even though there is only one manager.
When we tell this case to other friends and discuss it, they first make a bid, then meditate, sometimes angry, sometimes generous.
The following is a doctor, a graduate student, and an MBA. Let's talk about your ideas first. This is a first-hand practice!
1. First, we will consider a compromise between the two schemes used by the small boss, namely, the base salary plus the Commission method, which will be allocated based on the profit of each bowl. This will not only prevent him from placing less beef, but also prevent him from putting more beef frantically.
2. Later I thought this article was conditional. The question is how to allocate the profit of each bowl? What a bowl of noodles can earn is beyond the control of the master. If the interests of both sides cannot be balanced at a certain point, everything will be restored to the original. To achieve the so-called balance involves a complicated related function problem, maybe game theory will be used.
3. Contract the noodle shop to the master. The boss took the Commission and went home to raise flowers and get birds. Of course, after this solution was proposed, everyone blushed for a short time!
4. then we talked about corporate culture, justice, morality, and human nature, and agreed that management is profound and profound. To become a good manager, we have to go through all sorts of training to achieve success, advanced management theories are not applicable.
Yes. The story of this little beef noodle reflects various problems in the management of a small business.
The first is a question about Master incentive. An incentive mechanism can be designed to reward sales volume or profit accumulation under the quota constraint. First, a material quota is formulated based on the acceptable effectiveness of each bowl of noodles. The master's salary is still based on the sales volume. However, the previous question is that the monthly material consumption must not deviate from the quota, for example, the allowable fluctuation range is 20%. Otherwise, only the basic salary is allowed. Or the number of beef grams to be added for each bowl of noodles. The total amount of beef in a batch is fixed, and the amount of beef sold from the Ramen can be calculated, I am sorry if you want to add more or less beef to me. Or is it clear to the boss the cost of a bowl of noodles? What is the profit? If there are more beef and more customers, take the largest amount of beef as the quantitative value, and take the amount of noodles as the variable to control the amount of noodles to make profits, this requires a process of value! Although the benefits of the company are linked to the interests of employees, equity distribution is a good method, but it is a little impractical for a small store to engage in equity incentives.
Secondly, I think the hotel is also a manufacturing industry. There must be working procedures, quota consumption, and system specifications. There can be no written content, but the boss must be aware of it. For this small boss noodle store, it is actually the way that the master shares the shares with the boss's profit distribution, and everyone has a win-win situation. Two people work in partnership, and two people are billed for planning management. In terms of work procedures: for example, the BOM for formulating SOP, including the amount of noodles, the amount of water, the amount of meat, etc. The manufacturing method and process should also be standardized by masters; in terms of the quota consumption, it is also closely related to the above incentives; salary compensation: refer to the average social wage and the profit level of the store, comprehensive evaluation is carried out based on the Labor volume and labor result of the master (reduced turnover and customer feedback.
In addition, the complicated things should be simplified: Can the boss put beef? Key resources must be in the hands of key people! Key resources are the most important. Only when the boss master the ownership of the store can a master work for him; while the boss master the distribution right of beef to prevent material waste and abuse. However, it is still difficult for the boss to grasp the core human resources of the master ...... Alas, human resources ...... In addition, as a small-scale store, the boss must be familiar with every link in order to do a good job of management. If the boss of the beef noodle shop is familiar with the production of beef noodles, the master will not be confused. This is the case for effective business supervision.
In addition to supervision and control, all other tasks can be solved through communication. We don't think there is a good way to solve the issue of allocation once and for all in this example. In this workshop-style small business, it is very important for the boss to have a lot of time in contact with employees every day to establish a harmonious relationship. Only by virtue of the good personal charm of the boss and the kindness to his subordinates can the Master feel a sense of belonging and satisfaction, and actively work to create profits for the boss. By then, the beef will not be too much trouble.
Through the above analysis, I think the management should be like this:
1. base salary and Commission to improve enthusiasm;
2. You cannot delegate the entire process to masters, such as beef;
3. Establish an effective system, including rewards and punishments, based on the customer's satisfaction and profit;
4. The master's salary Commission cannot only be linked to sales volume, but should be linked to the boss's profit. For example, 30% of the boss's profit in the bowl is the master's profit;
5. Effective communication and encouragement, rewards for the Master's spirit at ordinary times, let the master think that he is also the master of the noodle shop.