Developer on Alibaba Coud: Build your first app with APIs, SDKs, and tutorials on the Alibaba Cloud. Read more ＞
One of the advantages of PHP is that PHP is fast. it is enough for general website applications. However, if the site's traffic volume is high, bandwidth is narrow, or other factors cause a performance bottleneck on the server, we first think of improving the speed. It is faster to use single quotes to contain strings than double quotes to contain strings. Because PHP searches for variables in strings enclosed by double quotation marks, but not in single quotes.
1. if the class method can be defined as static, it should be defined as static as much as possible, and its speed will be increased by nearly four times. 2. $ row ['id'] is 7 times faster than $ row [id.
3. echo is faster than print, and multiple echo parameters are used to replace string connections, such as echo $ str1, $ str2.
4. determine the maximum number of cycles before executing the for loop. do not calculate the maximum value for each loop. use foreach instead. 5. cancel unnecessary variables, especially large arrays, to release the memory.
6. avoid using _ get ,__ set ,__ autoload whenever possible. 7. require_once () is expensive.
8. try to use the absolute path when you include the file, because it avoids PHP's speed of searching for the file in include_path, and it takes less time to parse the operating system path.
9. if you want to know the TIME when the script starts to be executed (I .e. when the SERVER receives a client REQUEST), use $ _ SERVER ['request _ time'] instead of time ().
10. functions use the same functions instead of regular expressions.
11. the str_replace function is faster than the preg_replace function, but the strtr function is four times more efficient than the str_replace function.
12. if a string replacement function can take an array or character as a parameter and the parameter length is not too long, you can consider writing an additional replacement code so that each parameter passing is a character, instead of writing only one line of code to accept arrays as query and replacement parameters.
13. Using the select branch statement is better than using multiple if and else if statements.
This article is an English version of an article which is originally in the Chinese language on aliyun.com and is provided for information purposes only. This website makes no representation or warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness ownership or
reliability of the article or any translations thereof. If you have any concerns or complaints relating to the article, please send an email, providing a detailed description of the concern or
complaint, to firstname.lastname@example.org. A staff member will contact you within 5 working days. Once verified, infringing content will be removed immediately.
The content source of this page is from Internet, which doesn't represent Alibaba Cloud's opinion;
products and services mentioned on that page don't have any relationship with Alibaba Cloud. If the
content of the page makes you feel confusing, please write us an email, we will handle the problem
within 5 days after receiving your email.
If you find any instances of plagiarism from the community, please send an email to:
and provide relevant evidence. A staff member will contact you within 5 working days.