Windows IIS has a very "pit Dad" backup restore feature, unlike most backup restores, this service does not support backup restores between different computers by default, and if users reload windows, they are prompted with an "invalid signature" even if they back up the related files for IIS. Causes this IIS to not recover.
In fact, if you want to restore IIS between different computers (or reload Windows), you need to enter a password at the time of the backup, and then enter the password at the time of the restore so that the recovery is normal, and the default is to never successfully restore the IIS configuration without entering a password. It is believed that many webmasters have been fooled by the features of Microsoft's pit Dad.
If you want to reload the system, the steps to restore IIS in a detailed backup are as follows:
One, backup of IIS
1. In the IIS snap-in on the local computer, right-click the computer icon under Internet Information Services.
2. Select the "All task backup/Restore Configuration" option.
3. Click the "Create Backup" button to enter your backup name under the configuration backup name
4. Check "Use Password encrypted backup" (if you do not check the "Encrypt backup with password" When you do the backup, you will be prompted "Invalid signature" When you reinstall the system or when you restore on another computer)
5. Enter the password, the backup is complete.
Note: Backup files are backed up in X:windowssystem32inetsrvmetaback (X represents the letter of the system you installed).
Second, the restoration of IIS
1. Copy the two backed up files of the. sc0 and. Md0 under X:windowssystem32inetsrvmetaback (x on the disk of your installation system) to the same directory under the new system.
2. In the IIS snap-in on the local computer, right-click the computer icon under Internet Information Services.
3. Select the "All Tasks backup/return" option.
3. Select your backup, click Restore, there will be a dialog box, prompt "restore metabase operation is time-consuming, it will clear all current settings, and cause all Internet services to stop." When the operation is complete, IIS restarts the services. Are you sure you want to continue? " The point is, then eject the dialog box that asks for the backup password, and after you enter the password, the IIS backup is restored.