Developer on Alibaba Coud: Build your first app with APIs, SDKs, and tutorials on the Alibaba Cloud. Read more ＞
PHP4 and PHP5 may be used at the same time during PHP learning. There are also many installation methods on the Internet for the coexistence of the two, mostly installed under IIS and Apache. The following describes my installation method. I think it is more optimized and easy to upgrade.
For ease of introduction, first introduce my installation environment: Windows XP Pro SP2, Apache 2.0.55, PHP4.4.1, PHP5.1.1, all installed in D :( That is, the d area has the following folder D: apache2, d: php4, d: php5), configure two IP addresses 192.168.0.2 and 192.168.0.3 for the network adapter (this article does not focus on how to configure multiple IP addresses ). The modular installation method of Apache is introduced as an example below:
1. Install and configure the Apache 2.0.55 server. After you agree to the license agreement, the server information page will be displayed for local debugging. The first two inputs are localhost. Edit the httpd. conf file and locate ServerName localhost: 80 and Listen 80 respectively. Add # in front to close the settings.
2. Prepare PHP. Extract the downloaded php package (for example, php-5.1.1-win32.zip) and place it to d: php4 and d: php5.
3. Configure php. ini respectively. Because there are two versions of PHP, you need to configure them separately. Copy a copy of php. ini-recommended and rename it as php. in.
Digress: the obsolete method should be processed in this way. Copy php. ini file to x: winnt (x: windows) or apache installation folder, and copy x: phpphp5ts. dll, php4ts. dll and other dll files to the winnt (windows), winntsystem32, or apache installation folder. I strongly recommend that you do not do this. It will be difficult to upgrade later. The reasons are as follows.
4. Modify the windows path variable. Join
D: php4; d: php5
Go to the path environment variable to tell the system where to find php5ts. dll and other dynamic link library files, so we do not need to copy these dll files to % windir %, so it is much easier to upgrade PHP, so we do not need to delete the original files one by one. You can view how to modify the path here.
5. Modify php. ini respectively. Modify extension_dir and extension_dir. Find the above variables in php. ini and add the appropriate path. I modified it like this in php. ini of PHP4.
Extension_dir = "D: php4extensions"
Include_path = "d: php4pear; d: php4shortdes"
Php. ini in PHP5
Extension_dir = D: php5ext
Include_path = "D: php5PEAR; D: php5"
In fact, php needs to be modified. many other parameter values in ini, such as the file upload temporary path, Session temporary path, mail setting, and extension module configuration (in PHP5, to support mysql, remove the number in the following code)
; Extension = php_mysql.dll
However, because it is not the focus of this article, we will not detail it in detail.
This article is an English version of an article which is originally in the Chinese language on aliyun.com and is provided for information purposes only. This website makes no representation or warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness ownership or
reliability of the article or any translations thereof. If you have any concerns or complaints relating to the article, please send an email, providing a detailed description of the concern or
complaint, to firstname.lastname@example.org. A staff member will contact you within 5 working days. Once verified, infringing content will be removed immediately.
The content source of this page is from Internet, which doesn't represent Alibaba Cloud's opinion;
products and services mentioned on that page don't have any relationship with Alibaba Cloud. If the
content of the page makes you feel confusing, please write us an email, we will handle the problem
within 5 days after receiving your email.
If you find any instances of plagiarism from the community, please send an email to:
and provide relevant evidence. A staff member will contact you within 5 working days.