The following summarizes the common logic servers developed by small and medium teams. These servers are more role-oriented. Generally, one physical server serves multiple roles at the same time.
- Gateway (route)
- Usage: Public Accounts of the team access the Internet and firewalls.
- Common Software: the routing service provided by Windows server and the routing service of Linux. File Server
- Description: It is very good for the same team to be divided into one sub-network. The first is to solve the problem of insufficient Internet accounts (usually one team shares one account or one public IP address ). Second, the content in a subnet is easy to manage permissions, and the trust permissions in the subnet can be set in advance.
- File Server
- Usage: file sharing.
- Common Software: folder sharing. The client can map a network drive (Windows) or mount a network folder (Linux ).
- Description: file sharing is one of the most basic team services. It can be used for file exchange and shared file access (such as installationProgram, Address Book, etc.), simple version control, etc. The file server requires less computing resources and does not need to be deployed on a separate physical server.
- Backup Server
- Usage: backup files.
- Common Software: the same file sharing server.
- Description: The backup server and file server are essentially the same. They are listed separately because their importance cannot be ignored. File Updates on the file server are usually frequent, and access control is loose. Most (usually all) members have write or administrator permissions. As an important guarantee for the team's achievements, backup servers require strict management and higher stability. Therefore, we recommend that you set up a separate backup server, at least a separate hard disk, when conditions are met.
Files to be backed up generally include project documents, version-controlled databases, Team websites, project databases, and shared files.
- Print Server
- Usage: Share a printer.
- Common Software: printer sharing.
- Description: as a team in an office, a laser printer can meet the requirements of all members. The print server is similar to a file server and requires less computing resources. It is usually deployed on the same physical server together with other servers.
- Web Server
- Description: Provides Web Services.
- Common Software: IIS and Apache.
- Description: The Web server is also a widely used server. It usually includes the home page of the Team (which accounts for port 80 of the public network), project management software (projectserver, bugfree, etc.), blog, wiki, and BBs.
- Version Control Server
- Description: Provides version control.
- Common Software: VSS, TFS, SVN, CVS, etc.
- Description: projects without version control are unimaginable. A mature team usually uses version control tools to manage the entire project file: documents,Code, Database scripts, page design ....... The importance of Version Control servers cannot be doubted.
- Deployment Server
- Description: deploy and release a team project.
- Common Software: webserver and ftpserver.
- Description: Quick release is becoming more and more common for teams, especially those undertaking projects, as a method of agile development. The Deployment Server is used to deploy all versions of the Team during project development. These versions are usually independent from each other and can be accessed at the same time. As a tool for iteration and delivery, the Deployment Server can retain the development history of the project, quickly demonstrate to the customer, and enhance the confidence of the team members!
The above servers can be matched according to the requirements of the team and the hardware conditions. The following are several types of servers for your reference:
- all servers are deployed on one machine!
there is nothing to say about this method. :)
- gateway + Deployment Server + web server, File Server + printing server + Version Control Server, and backup server.
the three servers are classified by service scope, and the security level is from low to high.
- gateway, Deployment Server + web server, File Server + Print Server + Version Control Server, and backup server.
same solution. Independent gateways are more secure.