A Free Trial That Lets You Build Big!
Start building with 50+ products and up to 12 months usage for Elastic Compute Service
Open "Control Panel", click "Administrative Tools> Local Security Policies> Local Policies> Security Options", and double-click "Shut down: Clear Virtual Memory Page Files, click the "enabled" option in the pop-up menu and click "OK.
2. How to configure Windows XP services
If you use Windows XP on a single machine, many service components are not required at all.ProgramThis affects the system speed. You can disable these redundant service components. Click Start> Control Panel> Administrative Tools> services. The Service List window is displayed. Some services are started, while others are not. You can view the corresponding service project description and disable unnecessary services. For example, Alerter, you can disable it if you are not connected to the LAN and do not need to manage alarms.
3. What is the role of the smartdrv program?
Symptom: many Windows XP installation introductionsArticle"If Windows XP is very slow to be installed in DOS, it must be that smartdrv.exe is not run before the installation. I want to ask what category does this smartdrv.exe file have? How to use it?
The smartdrv.exe file must be clear to those who are familiar with DOS. It is mainly used to add high-speed cache for disk file read/write. As you know, the read/write speed of the memory is much higher than that of the disk. If you use the memory as the high-speed cache for disk read/write, the system operation efficiency can be effectively improved. The smartdrv.exe file is available on the installation discs of various Windows versions or Windows/command/on the hard disk. It is only several dozen kb and is copied to a floppy disk, after the system is started, run this program directly (without parameters, the program will automatically allocate the appropriate memory space as the cache according to the memory size), and then install Windows XP. We also remind you not to run this program after installing windows. Otherwise, the available Windows Memory will be reduced.
4. What is win32k. sys?
Symptom: I just installed Windows XP, but the virus is detected when I installed it again. It is located in win32k in F: winnt system32. the sys file cannot be deleted, but cannot be isolated. If you delete it under Windows 98 or DoS, Windows XP cannot be started ?, What is the purpose of this file? Is there any solution ??
This file is a driver file for Windows XP multi-user management. This file is backed up in the X: windowssystem32dllcache directory. Copy the backup file to X: windowssystem32 to replace the file with a virus. Create a Windows 98boot disk and copy the attrib.exe file to a floppy disk. The file is located in the X: windowscommand directory of the host with Windows 98. In the advanced BIOS features of the bios, set the boot sequence to boot from disk A. After Entering dos, enter the X: windowssystem32 directory, and enter attrib-s-h-r win32k. sys, enter the X: windowssystem32dllcache directory, enter the same command, and then copy win32k. sys X: windowssystem32 overwrites the original file and restarts.
5. What does Windows XP boot menu mean?
Symptom: I recently installed the Windows XP operating system. I know that when I press F8 at startup or when the computer cannot start normally, the Windows XP advanced options menu will be displayed, in this example, you can start Windows XP in eight different modes except normal startup. What do these modes mean?
(1) Security Mode: when Windows XP is started in security mode, the system only starts with some basic files and drivers. Entering the security mode is an important step for fault diagnosis. If you cannot determine the problem after the security mode is started, or you cannot start the security mode at all, you may need to use the urgent disk ERD function to repair the system.
(2) network security mode: similar to the security mode, but added support for network connections. This option is useful when you troubleshoot Windows XP startup in a LAN environment.
(3) Secure Mode of Command Prompt: similar to secure mode, only use basic files and drivers to start Windows XP. However, a command prompt appears on the screen after logon, instead of a Windows desktop.
(4) Enable startup log: Start Windows XP and record all drivers and services loaded by the system to the file. The file name is ntbtlog.txt, which is located in the WINDIR directory. This log is useful for determining the exact cause of system startup problems.
(5) Enable VGA mode: use the basic VGA driver to start Windows XP. This mode is useful when a new graphics card driver is installed that makes Windows XP unable to start normally, or when a fault is caused by improper refresh frequency settings. When Windows XP is started in safe mode, only the most basic graphics card driver is used.
(6) The latest correct Configuration: selecting "start Windows XP with the last correct configuration" is a solution to problems such as inconsistent hardware with newly added drivers. In this way, Windows XP only restores information under the Registry Key hklmsystemcurrentcontrolset. Any changes made in other registry entries remain unchanged.
(7) directory service recovery mode: Not Applicable to Windows XP Professional. This is for the Windows XP server operating system and is only used to restore the sysvol directory and Active Directory directory services on the domain controller.
(8) debug mode: Start Windows XP and send debugging information to other computers through a serial cable. If Windows XP is being installed on your computer or you have used the Remote Installation service, you can see additional options related to restoring the system using the Remote Installation service.
6. How to delete XP
Symptom: I installed both Windows ME and Windows XP in FAT32 format. Windows ME is installed on disk C and Windows XP is installed on disk E. Yesterday, system32.dll was lost in Windows XP and cannot be started. Therefore, when I enter the Windows ME system, I directly Delete Windows XP from the drive E. However, the multi-System Startup menu appears for each boot. How can I completely delete XP?
Start with a Windows 9x/me boot disk, enter "sys C:" under "A:", and re-transmit the system to drive C.
7. How to handle the problem that Windows XP cannot be automatically shut down
Symptom: My Windows XP sometimes cannot automatically shut down my computer. What should I do?
After Windows XP is installed, some computers cannot be automatically shut down after you click shut down, but need to be manually shut down as before at power. This is mainly because Windows XP does not enable advanced power management. Correction Method: Click Start> Control Panel> performance and maintenance> power options. In the displayed power options property settings window, click Advanced Power Management and select enable advanced power management support ".
8. How to Create a shortcut for "locking a computer"
What should I do if I need to leave because of an emergency but do not want my computer to cancel the system? You can quickly lock the keyboard and display by double-clicking the desktop shortcut without using the "CTRL + ALT + DEL" combination or screen saver. Operation Method: Right-click the desktop, point to "new" on the shortcut menu that appears, and select "shortcut ". Then, the system starts the create shortcut wizard. Enter the following information in the text box: rundll32.exe user32.dll, lockworkstation, and click "Next ". Enter a shortcut name. You can name it "lock the workstation" or select any name you like and click "finish ". You can also modify the shortcut icon (my favorite one is the lock icon provided by shell32.dll ). To modify the shortcut icon, right-click "shortcut" and select "properties" from the shortcut menu that appears ". Select the shortcut tab, and then click the change icon. In the search icon text box in the following file, enter shell32.dll and click OK ". Select the desired icon from the list and click OK ". You can also specify a set of shortcut keys for shortcuts, such as "CTRL + ALT + L ". Although this method can only help you save one key, it can make the operation more flexible. To add a shortcut key combination, right-click "shortcut" and select "properties" from the shortcut menu that appears ". Select the shortcut tab and enter any key values in the shortcut key text box, windows XP converts it into a combination of shortcut keys (usually in the form of CTRL + ALT + any key ). To lock the keyboard and display, double-click the shortcut or use the defined shortcut key.
9. How to adjust the desktop icon color quality
Right-click the blank area on the desktop, and select the settings tab in the displayed Properties dialog box. You can adjust the color quality of your computer through the color quality drop-down list. You can also edit the Registry to adjust the color quality of the desktop icon. The procedure is as follows:
Open the Registry Editor, go to the hkey_current _ usercontrol paneltopics topwindowmetrics sub-key branch, double-click the shell icon BPP key value item, and in the open "Edit string" dialog box, the "value data" text box displays the desktop icon color parameters. The default icon color parameter is 16. The available color parameters are as follows: 4 stands for 16 colors, 8 stands for 256 colors, 16 stands for 65536 colors, 24 stands for 16 million colors, and 32 stands for true color ). You can select and set the color parameters of your desktop icons based on your needs. Click OK to close the edit string dialog box. After logging out of the current user and restarting the computer, the setting takes effect.
Right-click the blank area on the desktop, and select the appearance tab in the displayed Properties dialog box, here, you can easily adjust the font and Icon size of the entire desktop, window, or other projects.
However, setting the Icon size in this way has certain limitations. For example, you can only select the desktop size solution provided by the system and cannot set the size of the desktop icon on your own. You can edit the Registry to adjust the desktop icon size as you like. The procedure is as follows: Open the Registry Editor, go to the hkey_current _ usercontrol paneltopics topwindowmetrics sub-key branch, double-click the shell Icon size key value, and in the open "Edit string" dialog box, the "value data" text box shows the desktop icon size parameter. The system defaults to 29. You can set the parameter size as needed (the larger the parameter, the larger the desktop icon ), click OK to close the edit string dialog box. The setting takes effect after you log out of the current user and restart the computer.
10. How to select and set the system sound
When an event is activated, the system automatically sends a sound to the user according to the user's settings. To select a system sound, follow these steps:
(1) double-click the "Sound and audio device" icon in the "control panel" window to open the "Sound and audio device" attribute dialog box. It provides a means to check and configure the system sound environment. The dialog box contains five tabs: volume, sound, audio, voice, and hardware.
(2) On the sound tab, all sound events in Windows XP are displayed in the program events list box. If there is a "small horn" sign in front of the sound event, it indicates that there is a sound prompt in The Sound event. To set a sound prompt for a sound event, select a sound event in the program event list box, and select the desired sound file from the sound drop-down list as the sound prompt.
(3) If you are not satisfied with the sound file provided by the system, click the Browse button to bring up the Browse sound dialog box. Select a sound file in the dialog box, and click OK to return to the sound tab.
(4) in Windows XP, the system has preset multiple sound schemes for users to choose from. You can select a scheme from the "sound scheme" drop-down list to select sound for sound events.
(5) If you want to set your own dubbing scheme, you can select the desired sound file in the "Program Event" list box and configure the sound, and click the "Save as" button in the "sound scheme" option group, open the "Save scheme as" dialog box. Enter the name of the audio file in the "Save this dubbing scheme as" text box, and click "OK. If you are not satisfied with the dubbing scheme you set, you can select the scheme in the Audio scheme option group and click "delete" to delete the scheme.
Adjust the slider left and right to change the volume of the system output. To display the volume control icon in the taskbar, enable the "put volume icon in Taskbar" check box.
(7) to adjust the volume of each audio input/output, click the "advanced" button in the "device volume" area and adjust it in the "volume control" dialog box that appears. The volume control functions from the overall volume to the CD player and PC speaker are listed. You can also select "mute" to disable the corresponding individual volume.
(8) Click the "advanced" button in the "Speaker Settings" area on the "volume" tab, in the pop-up "Advanced Audio properties" dialog box, you can set the speaker mode closest to your hardware configuration for your multimedia system.
(9) In the "Advanced Audio properties" dialog box, select the "performance" tab. Here, you can adjust the audio playback, hardware acceleration, and sampling rate conversion quality. It should be noted that not all options are higher, the better, you need to set according to your own hardware conditions, good quality usually means a higher resource share.
Click OK to save the settings.
11. How to assign temporary management Permissions
Many programs require you to have management permissions during installation. This section describes a simple method for temporarily assigning management permissions to a user when logging on as a normal user. Right-click the Program Installation File and hold down the "shift" key. Click Run Mode in the shortcut menu that appears, and enter the user name and password with corresponding management permissions. This method also applies to applications on the Start Menu.
12. how to disable the automatic playback function of Windows XP
Once you insert the multimedia disc into the drive, the automatic operation will read data from the drive, which will cause the program to set the file and the music on the audio media to start immediately. You can use the following method to disable this function: Enable "Start> Run", and enter "gpedit. MSC command. In the displayed "Group Policy" window, select "in Computer Configuration> Manage template> System" and double-click "Disable automatic playback ", on the settings tab, select the enabled option and click OK.
13. How to restore the corrupted system boot file
Symptom: I only installed Windows XP, but "Boot" is displayed at startup. the INI is invalid. It is being started from C: Windows. Then it enters the startup status and works as well. What is the problem, can I restore the system to normal startup without reinstalling the system?
This occurs because the "boot. ini" file under drive C is damaged. However, since there is only one operating system on your machine, it is of course the default Operating System. Even if the "boot. ini" file is damaged, it will automatically guide the system for loading.
The solution is to create a "boot. ini" file. The content is:
Default = C:
C: = "Microsoft Windows XP"
14. How to restore the input method icon
Symptom: I used the Chinese version of Windows XP and accidentally hid the input method icon in the taskbar. How can I restore the input method icon.
Open "Control Panel", double-click "region and language options" to go to the "region and language options" dialog box, select the "language" tab, and click "details, in the displayed dialog box, click the "language bar" button and select the "Display language bar on the desktop" option in the "language bar Settings" dialog box that appears. At this time, the language bar appears on the desktop. Click the Minimize button in the upper right corner, and the input method icon will return to the taskbar.
15. How to restore the accidentally deleted boot. ini file
Symptom: When I installed Windows XP for the first time, there was no problem after I restarted it. However, due to misoperations, a file under the directory c (File Name: boot. INI) is deleted, and then two lines are displayed each time after restart: "boot. INI is invalid. Starting from C:/Windows ". Then you can smoothly enter Windows XP. However, the speed is obviously slow, which is much slower than when the file is not deleted, and the two lines of words are to be seen each time. How can this problem be solved?
Boot. INI is a system file that needs to be queried when the system is started. It tells the Startup Program that there are several operating systems on the computer and where the system is located. To restore the data, click the Start Menu, point to programs → attachments → notepad, open notepad, and enter in Notepad:
Timeout = 30
Default = multi (0) disk (0) RDISK (0) Partition (1) Windows
Multi (0) disk (0) RDISK (0) Partition (1) Windows = "Microsoft Windows XP Professional"/fastdetect
Save the file named Boot. ini and save it to the root directory of drive C.
16. How to speed up Windows XP window display
You can modify the Registry to change the window pop-up from the taskbar and minimize the action of returning to the taskbar. The procedure is as follows: Open the Registry Editor and find the hkey _ current_usercontrol paneldesktop windowmetrics sub-key branch, in the window on the right, find the minanimate key value. Its type is REG_SZ. By default, the value of this key is 1, which indicates opening the animation displayed in the window and changing it to 0, disable animation display. Then, select the "logout" command from the Start menu to activate the modification you just made.
17. How to Solve the Problem of Windows XP Shutdown
Symptom: a progress bar appears when I shut down Windows XP, the prompt "to return to Windows and check the status of the program click Cancel if you choose to end the program immediately you will lose any unsaved data. to end the program now click end. "Then it will shut down normally, but sometimes it will not appear. I wonder if it will be related to the memory playback function of my Oriental film Metropolis 3, but it will also be ineffective to disable the memory playback function. What can I do?
This is because another program is running when you close windows xp. Please save and close all applications before shutdown. If you click the end button, unsaved tasks will be lost. Press CTRL + ALT + DEL to open the task manager and close the application. If the Task Manager List is empty, disable it in system processes. If you do not perform any operations, the system will automatically close the program that is not closed and shut down the system when the progress bar reaches the header. Please shut down all applications and system resident programs before shutting down. When you are sure that you do not have any tasks to save, ignore this dialog box.
18. How to control the display of desktop icons
Many users are often used to keeping "My Documents" and other frequently accessed folder shortcuts and frequently used Program Shortcuts on the desktop. If you want to display "my computer", "My documents", "Network neighbors", and IE shortcut icons on the desktop, you only need to perform the following operations: Right-click the desktop, right-click the "properties" command, select the "desktop" tab in the "Display Properties" dialog box, and click the "Custom desktop" button to open the "desktop" project dialog box. On the "General" tab, select the check box for the desired project in the "desktop icon" column, click "OK" to return to the upper-level dialog box, and then click "application.
19. How to delete the "Update" option of Windows XP
For most users, the Windows Update function of Windows XP does not seem very useful. We can remove it as follows: Open the Registry Editor and find the hkey_current_usersoftware microsoftwindowscurrentversionpoliciesexplorer sub-key branch, select the "new" command under the "edit" menu to create a value of the REG_DWORD type, named nocommongroups, and double-click the newly created nocommon groups sub-key, in the edit string text box, enter the key value "1", click "OK", and restart the system.
20. How to Set audio Properties
Open Control Panel, double-click sound and audio devices, and select the audio tab in the audio and audio device Properties dialog box. On this tab, you can see the default devices related to "sound playback", "Recording", and "MIDI music playback. When multiple audio devices are installed on your computer, you can select the default device for the application, and adjust the volume and perform advanced settings.
Perform the following steps to set the audio:
(1) In the "sound playback" option group, select the preferred device for sound playback from the "default device" drop-down list. The default device is generally used.
(2) If you want to adjust the volume of audio playback, click the volume control window. In this window, drag the volume control slider up and down to adjust the volume.
(3) In this window, you can set the volume for different devices. For example, when you play a CD, you can adjust the volume control slider in the "CD audio" audio group to change the volume of the CD. When you play MP3, WAV, and other files, you can also set the left-right channel balance and mute in the volume control window.
(4) If you want to select a speaker or set the playing performance of the system, you can click "advanced" in the "sound playback" audio group to open the "Advanced Audio properties" dialog box, on the "speakers" and "performance" tabs, you can set the speaker mode closest to your hardware configuration for your multimedia system, adjust the hardware acceleration function of audio playback, and adjust the sampling rate conversion quality.
(5) In the recording group, you can select the default recording device from the "default device" drop-down list. Click volume to open the recording control dialog box. In this window, you can change the balance of the left and right audio channels and the volume of the recordings.
(6) In the MIDI music play group, select the default MIDI music play device from the default devices drop-down list. Click volume to open the volume control window and adjust the volume.
(7) If the user uses the default device to work, you can enable the "use default device only" check box. After setting, click "Apply" to save the setting.
21. How to set the voice Effect
You must set the language attributes before entering and outputting the voice. In the "audio and audio device properties" dialog box, select the "audio" tab. On this tab, you can not only select the default device for "sound playback" and "Recording, you can also adjust the volume and perform a voice test.
(1) In the audio playback group, select the audio playback device from the "default device" drop-down list and click the "volume" button, open the volume control window to adjust the volume of audio playback. To set the Advanced Audio attributes for audio playback, click "advanced.
(2) In the "Recording" audio group, select the default device for voice capture from the "default device" drop-down list and click the "volume" button, open the recording control window to adjust the volume of voice capture. To set the advanced attributes of the voice capture, click "advanced.
(3) Click the "test hardware" button to open the "Sound Hardware Test Wizard" dialog box. This wizard tests whether the selected sound hardware can play both the sound and register the language. Note: to ensure the accuracy of the test, you must disable all programs that use microphones, such as voice dictation or voice communication programs, before testing.
(4) Click "Next". The Wizard starts testing the sound hardware and displays the detection progress in the dialog box.
(5) After the detection is complete, open the "completing audio Hardware Test Wizard" dialog box, notify the user of the detection results, and click "finish" to close the dialog box.
(6) Click OK to save the settings.
22. How to manually sleep the computer
Symptom: How can I manually sleep a Windows XP computer?
The sleep function is a cool feature provided by Windows XP. It is "hidden" in the shut down (shutdown) dialog box. If your computer supports sleep, you can use the following techniques to manually bring it to sleep state. To manually bring your computer to sleep state, perform the following steps: Select Start> close computer. In the close Windows dialog box, select "Sleep ". When your computer goes to sleep state, the content in the memory will be saved to the hard disk. When you wake up a computer, all the programs and documents opened before entering the sleep state will be restored to the desktop. To activate the sleep Support feature on your computer, follow these steps: You must log on as an administrator, Administrator, or a member of the Power Users Group. If your computer is connected to a certain network, the network policy setting may cause this operation to fail. Click Start> Control Panel> performance and maintenance> power options, select the sleep tab, select enable sleep, and click OK. If the sleep tab is unavailable, your hardware cannot support this feature.
23. How to Increase the startup speed of Windows XP
The "bootvis" software provided by Microsoft can effectively improve the startup speed of Windows XP. This tool is provided by Microsoft internally and is used to increase the startup speed of Windows XP. Download and decompress the package to a folder, and set the current path in the options. Then select the tracking method from the "trace" option drop-down menu. This program will Boot Windows XP to restart, record the startup process, and generate related binfiles. Then, call this file from bootvis and select the "op-timizesystem" command from the trace drop-down menu.
Although Windows XP provides a very good interface appearance, such settings also greatly affect the running speed of the system. If your computer is not running fast, we recommend that you cancel all additional desktop settings, that is, restore the Windows XP desktop to the Windows 2000 style.
The setting method is very simple: Right-click "my computer", select "properties", and click "set" in "performance" on the "advanced" tab, select the "adjust to optimal performance" check box on the Association page.
In addition, memory is a hardware that has a major impact on Windows XP. Running Windows XP with MB memory will be smoother, and MB memory will make the system run well. If conditions permit, it is best to increase the memory size.
24. How to lose weight for Windows XP
Windows XP is larger than any other Windows system in the past, and its hard disk space needs 1.5 GB. Although compared to mainstream computers that can run Windows XP, they generally have hard disks of more than 10 Gb, some computer enthusiasts are sometimes willing to reduce the size of Windows XP.
(1) Delete the driver backup file (73 MB) in the windowsdriver cachei386 directory ).
(2) Delete the help document (more than 40 MB reduced ).
(3) Delete input methods not used in windowsime (Japanese, Korean, and about 80 Mb ).
(4) transfer my files and temporary ie folders to other hard disks (partitions ).
(5) Transfer the virtual memory to another hard disk (partition ).
25. How to uninstall Windows XP
Symptom: the operating system I used was Windows 98. I recently heard that Windows XP is very good and I installed it. The first installation was from Windows 98. After installation, I thought it was not very good. I formatted the Windows XP partition and re-installed it from DOS to the D disk, after the installation, I found that there are three items in the Multi-boot menu (Windows XP is installed for the first time). How can I delete the additional items? In addition, if I want to delete Windows XP, in addition to formatting the D disk, how can I completely delete it?
Windows 98 and Windows XP are controlled by a file in the C-drive root directory. You can change the Startup Menu by modifying this file. To delete unnecessary Windows XP projects, you can open the boot. ini file in the root directory of the C drive, with two lines of repeated "multi (0 )...", Delete one row. To completely delete Windows XP, in addition to formatting its partition, you must also delete multiple boot menus and redundant system files as follows:
(1) create a Windows 98 boot disk and upload the sys.com file under Windows 98 to the system disk.
(2) start with the boot disk and run the Sys C: command under a:>.
(3) Delete unnecessary files in the root directory of the C drive, including boot. ini, bootfont. Bin, bootsect. Dos, ntdetect.com, and pagefile. sys.
26. How to hide a desktop icon
In Windows XP, the desktop icon hiding function is added. You only need to click the blank area of the desktop and select the "arrange icon" command in the pop-up context menu, then, in the next cascading menu, deselect the "show desktop icon" command, and the system will automatically hide all desktop icons.
If the number of desktop labels is large, you can use the following method to rearrange the icons: Right-click the blank area of the desktop, and select "Sort icon" in the pop-up menu ", click the icon arrangement rules in the next menu.
You can use the "Desktop Cleanup" function of Windows XP to clear unused icons on your desktop. The method is as follows: on the "General" tab of the "desktop" project dialog box, if you select the "run Desktop Cleanup Wizard every 60 days" check box, the system automatically runs the Desktop Cleanup Wizard every 60 days to help you clear unused icons on the desktop. If you click "clean desktop now", the system will immediately open the Desktop Cleanup Wizard, move the shortcut icon you do not use to a desktop folder named "unused Desktop shortcuts. This wizard does not move, change, or delete any program. If you want to move an icon back to the desktop, you can restore it from the "unused Desktop shortcuts" Desktop Folder.
27. How to enter traditional Chinese characters in Windows XP
You can use Microsoft Pinyin 3.0 to enter traditional Chinese characters. You can select the Pinyin Input Method in the system, click "options", and select the simple and complex conversion items, in this case, there will be a simple and complex conversion button in the input method status bar. You need to use it to switch between traditional Chinese characters.
Of course, there are other methods that will not be described in detail.
28. How to retrieve the icons connected to the two computers
Symptom: Windows XP is installed on my computer. When I access the Internet, the small icons connected to the two computers in the system tray disappear, so that I often don't know if I am online. How can I restore it?
The reason why the small icon is missing is that the network connection attribute is incorrect. After a dial-up connection to the Internet is established in Windows 98, the icons of the connection are automatically displayed on the taskbar. If the small icon disappears, right-click "my connections", select "Properties> Settings> options", and select "display modem status" to restore the connection. In Windows 2000 and Windows XP, you can control and set the display and hide functions of connection icons. The specific method is to open the "properties" dialog box of the dial-up connection or network connection, and then select or clear the "show icon in notification area after connection" check box, the icon can be displayed or hidden.
29. How to create an automatic system recovery floppy disk
Symptom: I have not found the interface for urgent disk repair in Windows XP. How can I create it? In addition, I am prompted to enter the user name and password every time I start Windows 98. How can I eliminate this?
Windows XP Emergency Repair Disk should be named "Automatic System Recovery (ASR) floppy disk", which can back up the system files required to start the system. To create a backup tool, click Start> All Programs> accessories> System Tools. Then, click Backup and click Advanced Mode in the backup tool wizard. On the "Tools" menu, click "ASR wizard", and then follow the on-screen prompts to perform the operation (Note: You should prepare an empty MB Floppy disk to save the system settings in advance ). It is easy to use: insert the installation disc of Windows XP into the CD drive and restart the computer. When the installation interface appears, press F2 and the system will prompt you to insert the previously created ASR floppy disk (ASR will not restore the data file ). Follow the wizard on the screen to restore the system automatically. In addition, even if there is no "Automatic System Recovery (ASR) floppy disk", you can use the "Repair" function to restore the Windows XP boot menu, but some personal special settings will be restored to the default settings, you cannot use an automatic system recovery (ASR) floppy disk.
When Windows 98 is started, the user name and password are prompted. you can press the "ESC" key to enter the Windows 98 desktop. In this case, you can delete the password file *. pwl in the Windows directory. For example, if the user name is "QQ", the corresponding password file is "QQ. "PWL", find it and delete it, And then restart the computer. When the logon window appears, enter the original user name "QQ", and leave the password blank. This eliminates the problem.
30. How to automatically stop the Response Program
In Windows XP, this setting enables Windows XP to automatically close an application when it is detected that it has stopped responding, without manual intervention. To implement this function, click Start> Run and enter Regedit to open the Registry Editor. Find the hkey_current_usercontrol paneldesktop branch and set the auto end tasks key value to 1.
31. Why cannot I install Windows XP?
Symptom: It took six hours for me to start my computer and install Windows XP on a Windows 98 boot disk, it took me only one hour to install Windows XP on a machine with the same configuration as me (started with Windows 98 boot disk ), what is the correct installation method for Windows XP?
This is because you have not loaded the disk cache. This file is named smartdrv.exe in the installation directory of Windows 98. copy it to a floppy disk and run it before installation. In addition, you can set the boot sequence to boot from the CD, so that the Windows XP installation disk will automatically load the disk cache.
32. Why cannot I install software in Windows XP?
Phenomenon: When I install software on a computer installed with Windows XP Home edition, the following error occurs: "You do not have access to make the requried System Configuration modifications. please return this installation from an Administrators account. ". Why? This software can be installed normally under Windows 98. How can this problem be solved?
To protect system security and stability, Windows XP uses user accounts and passwords to control user operations. That is, only the specified person can do the specified thing. Software installation and other system modification operations require the user to have the power of the Computer Administrator to execute. This is why you cannot install the software. I believe there are still many operations that you cannot perform.
During system installation, the default "Administrator" account is the administrator identity. You can use the following method to make yourself an administrator:
(1) first, enter the computer as an administrator. Click "logout" on the "Start" menu to confirm the login waiting screen. At the same time, press "CTRL + ALT + DEL" on the keyboard.
(2) In the pop-up dialog box, enter "Administrator" in the User Name box, and enter the password set during installation in the password box. If you do not set a password during installation, the password is blank and press enter to enter the computer.
(3) Open the "User Account" in the "control panel", and you will see your user account, with the words "restricted account" next to it ".
(4) Click Open your account and then click "Change Account type ". In the displayed window, click the select button for "Computer Administrator" and then click "Change Account type" to confirm and exit. Now you can do what you want to do.
To ensure computer security, we recommend that you set a user password to avoid unnecessary losses due to security issues.
33. Why is there a crash when I change the hardware configuration?
Symptom: in Windows XP, the system cannot be started as long as the hardware configuration is changed. How can this problem be solved?
This is because activation of product programs is used in Windows XP. Activation of product programs is the latest anti-piracy function that Microsoft has added in Windows XP. Because the activation product program generates a hardware number based on your computer hardware configuration, if you change the hardware configuration, activating the product program will find that the hardware configuration is inconsistent with it, then the system stops running and requires you to reactivate the product to run it again.
34. Why is the disk space available for Windows XP decreasing?
Symptom: When I used Windows XP, I found that as applications are constantly added and deleted, the disk space is decreasing. Why?
Starting from Windows 2000, Windows creates a "system volume infor-mation" folder in each hard disk partition, which provides the default system backup file saved by the system. However, Windows 2000 does not officially provide the system restoration function. In Windows XP, You Can See related options.
To prevent this problem, the simplest way is to disable the "System Restore" function. To delete the files saved in this folder, log on to the system as administrator.
35. Why does Windows XP occupy a large space?
Symptom: After Windows XP is installed, the space occupied by a user's folder that is frequently logged on is very large, which is about 1.2 GB. However, the space occupied by other users that are not often logged on is only about 10 MB, what's going on?
Windows XP sets a folder for each user, recording the operations performed by the logged-on user during use, and generating temporary files and cache files on the Internet, shared Files generated during software installation (commonly used in software), so the user folders frequently logged on must be large. Deleting temporary and online cached files saves a lot of space.
36. How to eliminate the document protection function of Windows XP
How does one eliminate the document protection function of Windows XP?
To completely eliminate Windows document protection, open the Registry Editor and set the key value: hkey_local _ machinesoftwaremicrosoftwindows ntcurrentversionwinlogon. Set the key value of sfcdisable to 0xffffff9d.
Start building with 50+ products and up to 12 months usage for Elastic Compute Service