Computer Board common problems and coping strategies
Common failure One: no display
Computer boot No show, first we have to check is the BIOS. Important hardware data is stored in the BIOS of the motherboard. At the same time the BIOS is also a more vulnerable part of the motherboard, very vulnerable to damage, once the damage will cause the system can not run, such a failure is generally due to the motherboard BIOS is CIH virus damage caused (of course, also do not rule out the motherboard itself failure caused the system can not run. ）。 After the general BIOS is damaged by virus, the data in the hard drive will be lost. So we can detect if the hard disk data is intact to determine whether the BIOS is damaged, if the hard disk data intact, then there are three reasons for the boot does not show the phenomenon:
1. Because there is a problem with the motherboard expansion slot or expansion card , causing the motherboard to not respond without a display after inserting an expansion card such as a sound card.
2. Jumper board in the CMOS set CPU frequency is not correct, may also cause the failure to display, as long as the elimination of CMOS can be resolved. Clear the CMOS jumper is typically near the lithium battery on the motherboard, its default position is generally 1, 2 short circuit, as long as it is changed to 2, 3 short-circuit a few seconds to solve the problem, for the old motherboard if the user can not find the jumper, as long as the battery off, to boot display into the CMOS settings after the shutdown, The battery is also up to the purpose of the CMOS discharge.
3. The motherboard does not recognize memory, memory corruption, or memory mismatch can also cause failure on the boot display. Some old motherboards are more critical of memory, and once plugged into the motherboard can not recognize the memory, the motherboard will not be able to start, and even some motherboards do not give you any fault prompts (tweet). Of course, sometimes in order to expand the memory to improve the performance of the system, the result of inserting different brands, types of memory will also lead to the emergence of such failures, so in the overhaul, should pay more attention to.
for failure of the motherboard BIOS to be damaged, we can plug in the ISA video card to see if there is no display (if prompted, you can follow the prompts.) If there is no boot screen, you can make an automatic update of the BIOS floppy disk, re-refresh the BIOS, but some motherboard bios is damaged, the floppy drive does not work at this point, you can try to use hot Plug method to resolve (I have tried, as long as the BIOS is the same, in the same level of the motherboard can be successfully burned. ）。 However, the use of hot-plug extraction requires the same BIOS may also cause some components of the motherboard damage, so the reliable method is to use the write code to the BIOS update file into the BIOS (you can find this service for the computer to solve the more secure).
Common failure Two: CMOS settings cannot save
This type of failure is generally due to the motherboard battery voltage is not enough to replace it, but some motherboard battery replacement can not be resolvedProblem, there are two possibilities:
1. Motherboard circuit problems, to find professional maintenance;
2. Motherboard CMOS jumper problem, sometimes the CMOS jumper on the motherboard is incorrectly set to clear options, or set to an external battery, so that the data cannot be saved.
Common Failure Three: A panic occurs after installing the motherboard driver under Windows and slow drive read disk speed
Sometimes occurs on some of the kitchen boards, and when the motherboard driver is installed, restarting the computer does not enter windows in normal mode. 98 desktop, and the driver cannot be uninstalled under Windows 98. If this is the case, it is recommended to find the latest driver reinstall, the problem is generally resolved, if not, you can only reinstall the system.
Common faults four: the software that occurs when you install Windows or when you start Windows is not available
This type of failure is typically caused by a CMOS setup error. There is a modem use IRQ item in the power management bar of the CMOS settings, and his options are 3, 4, 5, ..., NA, typically its default option is 3, and it is set to an interrupt other than 3. Tutorial
Common Failures Five: computer frequent panic, in the CMOS settings will also occur when the panic occurs
in the CMOS panic, generally for the motherboard or CPU problems, if the dismount can not solve the fault, it will only replace the motherboard or CPU.
This type of failure is generally due to a problem with the motherboard cache or the motherboard design heat loss caused by the author on the 815EP motherboard has been found due to the motherboard cooling is not good enough to cause the failure of the phenomenon. After the crash, touch the CPU around the motherboard components, found that the temperature is very hot. After the replacement of high-power fan, the crash can be resolved. For cache problems, we can enter the CMOS settings, the cache will be prohibited after the smooth solution to the problem, of course, the cache ban after the speed will certainly be affected.
Common failures Six: motherboard COM port or parallel port, IDE port failure
This type of failure is generally caused by the user live plug-related hardware, at this time users can use multi-function card instead, But before replacing, you must first prohibit the motherboard from the COM port and parallel port (some motherboards even IDE port to prohibit the normal use).