A Free Trial That Lets You Build Big!
Start building with 50+ products and up to 12 months usage for Elastic Compute Service
It is said that CIOs of enterprises are easy to stick to the ceiling, because once this position is reached, it will be difficult to make a breakthrough, because the company is the CEO in a straight line, it is rare for CEOs to become CEOs from operation, sales or finance, and from it. The rest is horizontal development, but how can we achieve horizontal development? Information management is the world of CIOs. From the IBM cutting-edge insights summit, we can see that CIOs are developing horizontally.
In fact, while looking at the CIO's ceiling, I found that the CIO's contribution to enterprise informatization has gradually declined, because the system has been built and the equipment to be bought has also been bought, this mechanism is the same, and the rest is the O & M crash. There are not many new things to do. Is that true? No, in fact, CIOs can do more in-depth work. They store a large amount of business data in the data room. This is like an undiscovered "gold mine ", if the data can be effectively mined and presented, the CIO will continue to explore this field forever, the information extracted from the data will also provide the most direct decision-making support for enterprise operations to achieve greater job value.
On April 9, April 15, IBM held the "cutting-edge insights Summit Forum" in Shanghai, where it discussed the development trends in the business analysis field, the development of society and enterprises determines that this trend is coming inevitably. For example, e-medical archives, water resource management, railway systems, and smart grids all involve business analysis and prediction, which directly affect the decision-making of enterprise operations, it also directly determines the enterprise's benefits. It is time for CIOs to enable their enterprises with the "cutting-edge insights" capability. Only with this capability can they perform inspection on their enterprise operation health status, only by analyzing a large amount of information can we build a keen observation and efficient decision-making capability based on enterprise information management.
Here I will talk about a field that I am familiar with. I am familiar with the operation of shoe and server enterprises and have been paying attention to the operation of brand-style clothing and footwear enterprises, for example, a well-known footwear brand enterprise in China is a typical five-Level Operating System of a group, brand company, regional branch, agency, and terminal store, from the management point of view, the management depth of this operation system is very wide. A total of six brands are operating, with more than 60 branches and more than 6000 terminal stores. There is a large amount of business interaction between different brands, different branches, different terminal stores, different purchase centers, and different suppliers every day, A large amount of data is generated on commodity flows, capital flows, and workflows, which are accumulated in different systems of the company.
Because of this reality, when the boss wants to view a report on brand planning, procurement, logistics, inventory, distribution, and retail, it takes at least 10 days for the summary and analysis of these data to come out. The busiest task for managers of different branches is not to inspect the business at the company's operation meetings every month, in order to put forward opinions or suggestions at the operation meeting, the busiest thing is to urge various business units to prepare reports and data, and then summarize data at a level, in this way, a beautiful report is produced for presentation. There is often a "fight" at the meeting site, that is, the data of finance and procurement is inconsistent, and the data of logistics and distribution departments is inconsistent, I don't know who should take the statistics as the standard. Naturally, it is difficult for everyone to reach a consensus when doing business analysis. The operation meeting became a briefing and the real problem was not solved, turn a large number of elites into "cousins"-only form buddies.
Shoes and apparel enterprises are based on many factors such as their strong quarterly performance, short product sales cycle, large North-South differences in China, and a large age of marketable products, in fact, it requires a large amount of business data to be precipitated and analyzed. For example, you can see what the company's business is every year at the company's order meeting. The Order meeting is not simply a company meeting and organization action. It is more like a "to win, and all employees in the company are doing their best, whether in thinking or in the body, the first wave of charge, it can be said that ordering will be one of the most important tasks in the operation of clothing brands. Some people say that the opening of a order determines more than half of the sales performance in the next quarter. In any field, especially in the apparel industry, the quality of products is the basis of sales performance. What's more, the ordering will belong to the production and operation model of the differentiation plan. After the ordering meeting ends, the product attributes are determined. The company (the agent is described below, and the company is discussed here) the ideal ordering condition or not determines the company's sales situation in the next quarter to a considerable extent. If a clothing company has a good set of goods (product value, service value, personnel value and Image value can be organized), along with a good brand image, store display, and shopping guide promotion, it will get twice the result with half the effort; on the contrary, if the order is not ideal, it will be much more difficult for the later sales work. Ordering is so important to garment enterprises because it determines the sales performance of garment enterprises in Chengdu.
At present, order fairs often require enterprises to have a keen "Insight" and be clear about their families:
1. Raw sales data statistics and analysis: the purpose of ordering is to sell, that is, ordering should be carried out around sales. Therefore, before attending the order meeting, we must count the sales data for the year and season and place orders based on the sales data.
2. Total sales volume analysis: the total sales volume for the last season determines the total number of orders for the current season. But it doesn't mean that the sales volume of the previous quarter will be set in this quarter. Because when you order 1000 pieces of goods, your sales must be less than 1000 pieces, and will produce a certain amount of inventory. We need to calculate the number of out-of-stock items and the quantity of items in the sales for the current year and season, because they are sold at a discount to reduce the actual inventory, in this way, we can analyze whether the sales data for this season has the potential to increase or actually exceeds the sales capability of the store.
3. Sales Volume and proportion of each category: for example, the number of shirts sold last season, the number of trousers sold, and so on, the number of denim pants, the number of trousers, the number of trousers, and the number of seven pants ...... Statistics and analysis are required. On the other hand, it depends on which categories of sales are difficult and which categories of sales have potential, so that appropriate adjustments are made after the collected data.
4. Color proportion of each category: the actual sales data should also be used as a reference for color proportion of different categories. For example, in the next season, the ratio of deep color to plain color is usually a little more, while the ratio of top color to plain color is a little more. These cannot be decided by the agent, but should be analyzed through sales data.
5. Proportion of various types of sizes: the determination of the size in the order cannot be taken for granted. Some agents think that we are from the north and should be more large. This is not accurate enough. We need to analyze the specific size ratio by sales. In addition, the size ratio of different categories in the same region can also be different.
6. Other data analysis: the above five aspects of data statistics and analysis are very important, the agency must do before ordering. In addition to these aspects, statistics and analysis are also required based on the brand positioning. For example, in a men's suit, the ratio of double and single forks, the ratio of two buckles and three buckles, etc.; in a women's shirt, proportion of professional shirts and casual shirts ...... There are also the proportion of sales of similar fabrics, the proportion of sales of flowers, the proportion of sales of different types of T-shirts ...... The effect of different weather conditions in different regions on sales ...... Statistics and analysis are required.
After a keen analysis of the above businesses, the real situation of the enterprise can be known, and finally the enterprise's commodity strategy can be determined. If the enterprise can be supported by the Bi system, set the business analysis model, and make estimates and judgments based on historical data, prediction models, and calculation basis, so as to reach the "smart enterprise" level, data verification and verification are performed based on estimation and judgment, or such an enterprise will be "wise" in management.
From this perspective, the value of IBM's "cutting-edge insights Summit Forum" is to make enterprises realize that enterprise information management is no longer just about data transfer and statistics, more attention should be paid to the data mining of enterprises, so as to cultivate the "cutting-edge insights" of enterprises and achieve the purpose of "smart Enterprises.
Start building with 50+ products and up to 12 months usage for Elastic Compute Service