A Free Trial That Lets You Build Big!
Start building with 50+ products and up to 12 months usage for Elastic Compute Service
Select java or PHP? Learning java or PHP? Is java good or PHP good? Powerful java or PHP? The language competition has never stopped. I want to participate in the competition. I just want to make a comprehensive analysis of the two from all angles and the actual situation I know. I hope to give some reference to my friends who are about to enter the line.
1. Comparison between java and php :?????? Java is a pure object-oriented development with powerful functions and numerous branches. there is no software that java cannot do. C/S is good for B/S. In terms of functionality, no language can be compared with java. However, its advantage is also its disadvantage. for details, refer to the 6th points .?????? PHP is a rising star, absorbing the advantages of java, c, perl and other languages and focusing on the Internet field. PHP has a unique advantage in the WEB field. there is no language in the WEB field to compare with him .?????? Compared to the two, java basically wins. But in fact there is not much comparability, and the focus on different areas. For the WEB that can both be used, PHP wins.
2. market share comparison between java and php :?????? Java language is an ancient language with years of development. it has a place in the C/S and B/S fields, especially in the telecom and bank industries. However, with the changes in social requirements and the focus of other languages, the java market is being eroded a little bit. The WEB field is almost monopolized by PHP, and the embedded field is almost monopolized by C ++, the client field is almost monopolized by the C language. if it weren't for the emergence of Android, the fate of java would be hard to say. The huge java Empire it has accumulated earlier will not collapse at once, but there must be a process. So now you do not need to worry about the future of learning. now you need to worry more about the javaer that has been talented for nearly ten years, and a large number of students entering the java camp .?????? PHP in the market description is relatively simple, because we only need to look at one field, that is, the web field. The market for php in the WEB field exceeded 80%, and the rest are java-JSP, asp, C #,. NET, python, ruby, etc. Among the top 500 websites, 395 use PHP. The two largest websites in the world, facebook and Sina Weibo, all use PHP .?????? Compared to the two, the two are equally different.
3. comparison between the development space of java and PHP ?????? The momentum of Android is fierce, but the number of apps installed on mobile phones is limited and difficult to promote. it is also the biggest challenge for apps. Fortunately, only JAVA can be installed on Android. In addition, it is HTML5 .?????? The Chinese population accounts for 19.7% of the world's population, and Chinese netizens account for 22.4% of the world's Internet users. the number of Chinese websites accounts for 0.5% of the number of global websites. the space for website development is huge; the contribution of the Internet to GDP in developed countries can reach 20%, and the impact of the Internet on GDP in China is only 3%. It can be said that the development of the Internet is huge, while the internet is inseparable from the WEB, and the WEB is inseparable from PHP .?????? Compared with the two, I personally think PHP has more obvious advantages.
4. salary comparison between java and PHP ?????? Salary depends on the relationship between supply and demand, lack of talent, natural high salary, saturated talent, natural salary will not be high .?????? Java basically has this course in universities. many people naturally learn JAVA when they want to engage in the software industry. with java's popularity in the past 10 years, there are many talents, the entire java industry is oversupply. Nanjing: a 30-person java training class, almost 10 people cannot find the ideal job and change their careers. the lowest salary is even more than 1000 yuan. Of course, java is good at learning, and the salary is more than 4000 .?????? PHP is fully driven by the market. The difficulty is that many people do not know about PHP and there is no way to understand it. the root cause is that the university does not have this course, which I know, only Xiaozhuang College has a PHP course in hundreds of colleges and universities in Nanjing. it is not a major. It is unclear about the market demand for PHP in colleges and universities. colleges and universities are more willing to promote java that meets the characteristics of schools .?????? There are few php learners and many enterprise demands. as a result, PHP salaries far exceed those in the same industry. Generally, the starting salary is not less than 3000 yuan. The Nanjing region has already exceeded 4500 yuan. Bei Shangguang broke through the starting salary of 6000 yuan .?????? Comparison between the two: in addition to the difficulty in finding java jobs, as long as jobs are found, the High Line is similar, and the low line JAVA is obviously at a disadvantage.
5. Comparison of salary increases in java and php :?????? Java is widely recognized as difficult and difficult to get started. it takes at least one to two years to get started. during this period, it was at the apprenticeship level and the salary increase was limited. Two years later, there will be a big increase. Basically, it is okay to take 6-7 thousand .?????? PHP is widely recognized as simple and quick to get started. after the trial period, you can raise your salary. PHPer is a normal salary increase once every six months. The range of the first three years is also acceptable, in 2 years. There are also a large number of people who can pass in 3 years .?????? Comparison between the two: in fact, the front-end advantage of php is obvious, and the two sides in the later section are the same. Not as many people have said, PHP is difficult to follow. PHP is short of people, but more skilled. Java is not as high-paying as many people boast. In fact, it is quite normal. the more difficult the language is, the more severe the polarization.
6. bottlenecks of java and php development :?????? The JavaEE system once ruled enterprise-level software development for decades. over the past decade, talents came forth, but the Java language itself is increasingly showing a bloated and split trend. Using Java is an expensive choice, complex demand Design, slow project progress, and expensive application server and maintenance difficulty make Java a language above the temple. The split of versions also makes the so-called cross-platform feature an empty talk. The features of Java make it not suitable for Internet enterprises whose businesses rapidly change with the market. The WEB field is almost monopolized by PHP, the embedded field is almost monopolized by C ++, and the client field is almost monopolized by C language, otherwise, it's hard to say the fate of java. Php's large and medium-sized system development is convenient and fast. it is incomparable to java and asp.net. There are also many powerful frameworks such as yaf, yii, and ci in php, and development of small and medium general systems, A thinkphp is enough to kill the three major ssh frameworks of java .?????? Due to its simplicity and rapid development, PHP has also made it a little difficult to use complicated development applications, development basically does not need to consider the underlying things, which leads to fast development and simple learning. but it also makes it easy to encounter bottlenecks when learning PHP for a period of time, PHP has added more powerful extensions after version 5.3. PHP extensions can be used to implement functions that PHP itself cannot implement. Therefore, PHP development has encountered such a bottleneck. we can consider using extensions to solve this problem. facebook and weibo.com are using a large number of extension functions to deal with one difficulty after another. Hui Xintao, architect and chief PHP technical consultant of Sina Weibo, has been focusing on the research and sharing of the underlying principles of PHP. Extensions are the greatest part of PHP.
7. Comparison of job numbers between java and PHP :?????? The following data comes from Baidu Statistics in early September 2014 :?????? In early September 2014, the number of java job openings nationwide was 82703.
Number of java job openings nationwide
?????? In early September 2014, the number of PHP job openings nationwide was 47263.
PHP job openings nationwide
?????? The number of java jobs is less than twice the number of PHP jobs. However, it is worth pondering that the number of java talents is more than 100 times that of PHP talents.
8. Comparison of learning costs between java and PHP :?????? Java learning is widely recognized as difficult. Difficult to get started and difficult to understand. The self-study time cost is 12 months, the self-study success rate is less than 10%, and the training time cost is nearly 6 months. The average training cost is about 15000 yuan. It takes two years to become a skilled employee. Generally, it takes five years to become a master .?????? PHP learning is the simplest language. Explanatory language, no need to compile. The self-study time cost is 6 months, the self-study success rate is 20%, and the training time cost is 3 months. The average training cost is about 8000 yuan. It takes one year to become an expert. Generally, it takes more than three years to become a master .?????? Compared with the two, the school cost of java is significantly higher than that of PHP.
? ? ? To sum up, java and PHP have their own advantages. it is not always said tomorrow morning. what I want to talk about is that it is OK to learn which one .?????? If you want to learn java, you will be engaged in the Android industry. if you want to engage in the WEB field, you will learn PHP .?????? Due to the difficulty of learning java, students who do not have the foundation or poor foundation should be cautious in choosing the option. PHP may be more suitable for students with no foundation.
Start building with 50+ products and up to 12 months usage for Elastic Compute Service