To receive Hotmail mail, create a new Hotmail account in Foxmail, or create a Hotmail connection under an existing account.
First, establish a Hotmail mailbox account.
1. "Account" with foxmail menu "|" Create new Open User Wizard.
2. In the 3rd step of the new wizard, fill out a Hotmail email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
3. Clicking the "Next" button will see that the "Hotmail account" checkbox is automatically selected in the next window of the wizard, and the "localhost" is automatically filled in the "POP3 Server" column. This information is generally not modified unless it is used in the other way described later in this article.
The "SMTP Server" column is blank by default, and if it is not filled out, the account can only send mail using "SpeedPost". If the SMTP server you are completing requires authentication, you need to open the Account Properties dialog box after the account is established, select Mail server, click the Settings button, and set up a set of mailbox accounts and passwords associated with the SMTP server in the pop-up dialog box for authentication information.
4. Continue to click "Next" button to complete the account establishment.
Once you've established your account, you'll be ready to receive Hotmail mail. Select the account, click on the collection button, Foxmail with other accounts, pop-up charge Progress window, everything and receive ordinary POP3 mail is no different.
Second, establish a Hotmail mailbox connection.
1. Select an account and click on the Foxmail menu "account" | " Properties, select "Other POP3".
2. Click the "New" button and the "Connect" dialog box will be displayed.
3. "Display Name" fill in the name of the connection, such as: Hotmail connection.
4. "POP3 Server" a column generally fill out "localhost".
5. In the "POP3 e-mail Account" column can be filled in Hotmail mailbox account (email address "@" before the string) or the entire Hotmail email address.
6. Select the "Automatically start Foxmail-hotmail PRoxy" check box, this can not be forgotten.
This allows the account to receive Hotmail mail with the connection you just established.