freebsd9.0 just released from the FTP, I can't wait to install a trial on the virtual machine. This time the virtual machine file problem, need to reinstall once (Ann system is simple, Ann Software is a long process wow!), by the way write freebsd9.0 installation tutorial.
Virtual machine Software: Oracle VM VirtualBox, you can go to the Oracle website to download the latest version, you can pass the http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/server-storage/virtualbox/ downloads/index.html link in to download, here I use the Windows version.
Freebsd9.0.iso files: freebsd9.0 installation files, you can go to FreeBSD website download, can also go through the address, choose Freebsd-9.0-release-amd64-disc1.iso File Download, as the server using CD version enough.
1. Create a new virtual system. Operating system Select BSD, version select Freebsdx64, hard disk size not less than 10G, if you need to install a large number of software, please increase capacity as appropriate;
2. Set up the network connection mode of the virtual system. Network connectivity using the Host-only adapter method, you can make the host and the virtual machine access to each other, and share the network connection in the operating system and configure the IP address of the virtual connection (VirtualBox host-only network). This is configured with 192.168.56.1, and the mask is 255.255.255.0;
3. Load FreeBSD ISO files into the virtual system CD storage, load mode check the VirtualBox manual.
4. Start the system, and install, the Launch menu interface, press ENTER, the installation system will appear the Welcome interface, the following figure:
Press the ARROW key or the TAB key to select the Install button and enter.
5. Then enter the keyboard layout selection interface, as shown below:
Select as shown (default) and enter.
6. Next, enter the host name Configuration interface, as shown below:
This is configured as bsd.vohyo.com, please configure the domain name situation, no may cause the startup speed too slow.
7. Then enter the system installation of the application selection interface, as shown below:
Here we do not choose any additional applications, select and cancel please use the space bar, select Good and then press ENTER.
8. Then enter the system partition configuration, please select guided system-oriented mode, and select entire disk in the section of the entire hard drive, the following figure:
9. Then enter the partition editing interface, select Auto Automatic zoning, automatic partition after the selection Finsh complete partition, the system will pop-up prompt box, select Commit to submit, as shown in the following figure:
10. Immediately after the system will carry out the installation file decompression release, a moment will enter the root password configuration interface, as shown in the following figure:
Enter the password and return to, note that the password does not echo back to the interface.
11. Next will carry on the network configuration, chooses the good network card, then carries on the IPV4 configuration, chooses the manual configuration, does not use the DHCP method, the following figure:
Please click the above image for IP configuration, the gateway is the address of the virtual network in the system. After configuration, DNS will be configured, DNS please set the address of the gateway, and then ask whether the IPV6 configuration, where we do not configure IPV6.
12. The next option for UTC time, we choose No, will enter the time zone of choice, we select the East china-beijing time zone in Asia, China, and then visit whether to use the time abbreviation format, select Yes, as shown in the following figure:
13. Then the system configuration, here we do not configure, OK can be, then the system asked whether to allow crash dumps, here Select No, as shown:
14. Then add the user, here we add an admin user, as shown in the figure:
When you add users, please fill in the user name, and note that the group is wheel, others according to the hint or default.
15. After the user added completes, the system will enter the system final configuration interface, if is not satisfied with the front configuration, we may configure to the system again, the determination configuration ok OK; then asks whether to carry on the manual configuration, here we no longer manually configures the system, chooses to reboot the system to be possible. Please be patient at this time, the system and installation configuration will take a while. When the system restarts, exit the installation CD from the virtual machine. As shown in the figure below:
freebsd9.0 installation is complete. If FreeBSD cannot be networked, shut down the firewall of the system and turn it on after networking.