FTP commands are one of the most frequently used commands by Internet users. Whether using FTP in DOS or UNIX operating systems, a large number of FTP Internal commands are encountered. You are familiar with and flexible to use FTP Internal commands, it is very convenient for users. For users who use dial-up Internet access now, If the ISP provides shell and can use nohup, ftp will be the most cost-effective download method. The ftp command line format is: ftp-v-d-I-n-g [host name]
-V: displays all the response information of the remote server.
-D. Use the debugging method.
-N restrict ftp automatic logon, that is, the. netrc file is not used.
-G cancels the global file name.
The internal commands used by ftp are as follows (brackets indicate the option ):
1 .! [Cmd [args] execute Interactive shell and exit on the local machine to return to the ftp environment, as shown in! Ls *. zip.
2. $ macro-ame [args]: Execute macro definition macro-name.
3. account [password] provides the supplemental password required to successfully log on to the remote system and access system resources.
4. appendlocal-file [remote-file]: append the local file to the remote system host. If the remote system file name is not specified, the local file name is used.
5. ascii is transmitted in ascii format.
6. After each command is executed, the computer rings once.
7. bin transfers binary files.
8. bye exits the ftp session.
9. Case when using mget, convert uppercase letters in the remote host file name to lowercase letters.
10. Run cd remote-dir to enter the remote host directory.
11. cdup enters the parent directory of the remote host directory.
12. chmod modefile-name: Set the file-name access mode of the remote host file to mode, for example, chmod 777 a. out.
13. close interrupts the ftp session with the remote server (corresponding to open ).
14. When cr transfers a file using asscii, it will convert the carriage return line into a return line.
15. delete remote-file: delete remote host files.
16. debug [debug-value] sets the debugging mode. Each Command sent to the remote host is displayed, for example, debup3. If it is set to 0, the debug is canceled.
17. dir [remote-dir] [local-file] displays the remote host directory and stores the result in local-file.
18. disconnection is the same as close.
19. form format sets the file transmission mode to format. The default mode is file.
20. getremote-file [local-file] transfers the remote-file of the remote host to the local-file of the local hard disk.
21. glob sets the file name extension for mdelete, mget, and mput, which is the same as the-g parameter of the command line.
22. A hash symbol (#) is displayed for every 1024 bytes of hash transmitted (#).
23. help [cmd] displays the help information of the ftp Internal Command cmd, such as help get.
24. idle [seconds] sets the Sleep timer of the remote server to [seconds] seconds.
25. Set binary transmission mode for image (same as binary)
26. LCD [dir] switches the local working directory to dir.
27. ls [remote-dir] [local-file] displays the remote Directory remote-dir and stores it in local-file.
28. macdef macro-name defines a macro. When an empty row under macdef is encountered, the macro definition ends.
29. mdelete [remote-file] deletes remote host files.
30. mdir remote-files local-file is similar to dir, but multiple remote files, such as mdir *. o. *. zipoutfile, can be specified.
31. mget remote-files transfers multiple remote files.
32. mkdir dir-name: create a directory on the remote host.
33. mls remote-file local-file is the same as nlist, but multiple file names can be specified.
34. mode [mode-name] sets the file transmission mode to mode-name. The default mode is stream.
35. modtime file-name: displays the last modification time of the remote host file.
36. mput local-file transfers multiple files to the remote host.
37. newerfile-name: if the modification time of file-name on the remote machine is closer than that of a file with the same name on the local hard disk, the file is retransmitted.
38. nlist [remote-dir] [local-file] displays the list of files in the remote host directory and stores the local-file on the local hard disk.
39. nmap [inpatternoutpattern] sets the file name ing mechanism so that some characters in the file are converted to each other during file transmission, such as nmap ￥1. ￥2. ￥3 [￥1, ￥2]. [￥2, ￥3], transfer the file a1.a2. a3, the file name becomes a1, a2, this command is particularly applicable to the remote host is not a U-NIX machine.
40. ntrans [inchars [outchars] sets the file name %
41. open host [port] To establish a connection to the specified ftp server. You can specify the connection port. 42.
Passive enters the passive transmission mode.
43. prompt sets interaction prompts when multiple files are transferred.
44. In the secondary control connection, proxyftp-cmd executes an ftp command, which allows two
Ftp servers to transfer files between the two servers. The first ftp command must be open.
Establish a connection between two servers.
45. put local-file [remote-file] transfers the local file to the remote master
46. pwd displays the current working directory of the remote host.
47. quit and bye quit the ftp session.
48. quote arg1, arg2 ...... Send the parameter to the remote ftp server, for example, quote syst.
49. recv remote-file [local-file] is the same as get.
50. regetremote-file [local-file] is similar to get, but if local-file exists
Resume from the last transmission interruption.
51. rhelp [cmd-name] request for help from the remote host.
52. If the file name is not specified for rstatus, the remote host status is displayed. Otherwise
53. rename [from] [to] Change the remote host file name. 54. reset clear answer queue
55. restart marker starts get or put again from the specified mark marker, such as restart
56. rmdir dir-name: Delete the remote host directory.
57. runique sets the unique storage of file names. If the file exists, a suffix is added after the original file.
58. send local-file [remote-file] is the same as put.
59. Use sendport to set the PORT command.
60. site arg1, arg2 ...... Send the parameter to the remote ftp host as the SITE command.
61. size file-name: displays the file size of the remote host, such as site idle 7200.
62. status shows the current ftp status.
63. struct [struct-name] sets the file transmission structure to struct-name, which is time-saving.
64. sunique sets the remote host file name storage to unique (corresponding to runique ).
65. The system displays the operating system type of the remote host.
66. tenex sets the file transfer type as required by TENEX.
67. tick sets the byte counter during transmission.
68. trace set package tracing.
69. type [type-name] sets the file transfer type to type-name. The default value is ascii, for example, typ.
Ebinary: sets the binary transmission mode.
70. umask [newmask] sets the default umask of the remote server to newmask, for example, umask 3.
71. useruser-name [password] [account] indicates your identity to the remote host.
You must enter a password, for example, user anonymous my @ email.
72. verbose is the same as the-v parameter of the command line, that is, setting the detailed report mode and all the responses of the ftp server
Will be displayed to the user, the default is on.
73 .? [Cmd] Same as help.
So how can we use these commands to improve efficiency? The following is an example of how to use fttp
Download in the background. Assume that your ISP provides you with shell and can use nohup. You want to use fttp. downlo
Ad.com/pub/internet/download a 30 Mapp aaa.zip:
1. Use notepad to make a file such as aaa1 content as follows: open ftp.dwonload.com user anonymous [email] email@example.com [/email] cd/pub/internet/I get aaa.zip close bye
2. Dial-Up login to your ISP. Use telnet or netterm to log on to the shell, which is usually in your home subdirectory bbs ~ /
3. Use fttp to upload aaa1 to your subdirectory on the ISP Server.
4. Execute nohup fttp-invd aaa2 & then the process will be placed in the background of the ISP Server. If you want to know the situation, you can get more aaa2 to know the situation. At this time, you can disconnect or do something else. It is estimated that the time has reached (time = 30 M/(33.6 K/9) s) to dial up more frequently, so as not to waste ISP resources, it will turn off the shell.