Chart features can be used in all Office2010 applications (including Word2010, Excel2010, PowerPoint2010, etc.), embedding Word2010, Charts in documents such as PowerPoint2010 are edited through Excel2010, so the full functionality of the chart can be achieved in non-Excel Office2010 applications. The chart in Word2010 is shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1 The chart in Word2010
To use a chart in Word2010, the following chart concepts have to be known.
1. Data points: Data points are independent data values, in the form of column charts, pie charts, lines or points.
2. Data series: is a set of related data points.
3. Horizontal (category) axis: An axis that represents a horizontal direction in a two-dimensional or three-dimensional chart.
4. Vertical (value) axis: An axis that represents a vertical direction in a two-dimensional or three-dimensional chart.
5. Vertical (series) axis: an axis that can be applied only in three-dimensional charts to indicate the front and rear directions.
6. Legend: is used to describe the data series represented by each color in the chart.
7. Substrate: The base of a three-dimensional chart.
8. Back wall and side wall: background in three-dimensional charts.