A Free Trial That Lets You Build Big!
Start building with 50+ products and up to 12 months usage for Elastic Compute Service
To create a website, you must first solve the website content problem, that is, determine the website subject. PC magazine in the United States rated ten subjects of the top 100 national famous websites in 99 years: 1st categories: online job hunting; 2nd categories: online Chat/instant information/ICQ; 3rd categories: online community/discussion/email list; 4th categories: computer technology; 5th categories: webpage/website development; 6th categories: entertainment websites; 7th categories: travel; 8th categories: Reference/information; 9th categories: Family/education; 10th categories: Life/fashion. We can refer to the classification above to continue the subdivision. If you are interested in some aspects or have a large amount of information, you can also create something that you are interested in. If you are an individual, you can have your own opinions and make your own characteristics; they do not feel bored or powerless when creating websites. Interest is the driving force behind website creation. It is difficult to design and produce excellent works without enthusiasm.
The selection of content themes should be small and refined, the positioning of themes should be small, and the content should be refined. Do not try to create an all-encompassing website. This will often lead to the loss of website features, high labor intensity, and difficulties in timely website updates. Remember: there is only first, no second on the Internet!
Method 2: select a domain name
A domain name is the name of a website on the Internet. All the construction value of a non-product-sold pure information service website depends on its website domain name. If you lose this domain name, all the preliminary work will fail.
Currently, many personal websites rely on free personal space, and their domain names also rely on free domain names, such as Netease's virtual Domain Name Service, in fact, this is not conducive to the promotion and development of personal websites. It is not only because the window opened in a timely manner hinders the viewer's sight and goodwill, so that one can know at a glance that it is a personal website, it also hinders the transmission speed of webpages. Therefore, in my personal opinion, the first thing I need to do is to spend some money to register a domain name. An independent domain name is the first fortune of my website. It is easy to remember the domain name.
Essentials 3: master the network creation tools
The development of network technology has led to the development of the software industry. Therefore, tools and software used to create web pages are becoming more and more abundant. From the most basic HTML editor to the popular flash interactive web page creation tools and various web page creation tools, the following are representative web page Producers:
(1) HTML editor. Although HTML code is complex and it takes a lot of time to edit and debug it, it is still favored by senior website creators because of the stability, wide support, and the ability to create complex pages. Currently, there are many editors to choose from. These editors support complex page creation and advanced HTML specifications. Professional HTML editors such as hotdog are commonly used.
(2) WYSIWYG Web Editor. Microsoft FrontPage is represented by Microsoft FrontPage. It has the same operation interface as word and is familiar with word functions. It can easily compile webpages with a little training. In addition, FrontPage can parse the HTML source code of the webpage and provide preview support. However, some special display functions of FrontPage cannot be implemented in other non-ie browsers. Therefore, FrontPage is a tool software suitable for beginners and intermediate website developers.
(3) The Flash interactive web page creation tool developed by Macromedia. This is a powerful interactive vector multimedia webpage creation tool. It can easily output a variety of animated webpages. It does not require any complicated operations, but is also more compact than Java! However, its animation effect, interaction effect, and multimedia effect are outstanding. In addition, MP3 music can be encapsulated in Flash animation, and forms can be filled in. In addition, because the webpage files compiled by Flash are much smaller than normal webpage files, browsing speed is greatly accelerated. This is a very suitable tool for dynamic web production.
Of course, the Internet is still a free database. Compiling a webpage requires a variety of buttons, backgrounds, and various graphics and images. If this is done on your own, it will be a waste of time and money, as well as powerful graphics and image production technologies. Therefore, in order to save these troubles, website creators can download a variety of exquisite and practical webpage materials such as pictures, buttons, and backgrounds from the Internet.
Essentials 4: Determine the website interface
The interface is the first impression that a website gives to a visitor. It often determines the website's accessibility. When determining the website's interface, pay attention to the following three points:
① Column and section orchestration
Building a website is like writing a thesis. First, you must list the topic to have a clear topic and level. For beginners of website construction, the most common mistake is that the website will be created immediately after the subject is determined and no reasonable planning has been made. As a result, the website structure is unclear, the directories are complex and chaotic, and the section orchestration is chaotic. As a result, not only are the viewers confused, but it is also quite difficult for the creators to expand and maintain their own websites. Therefore, we must consider the arrangement of columns and sections before making a webpage.
After determining the subject of the Website, you must make a reasonable arrangement of the collected information. For example, place some of the most attractive content in the most prominent position or take a dominant position in the layout distribution. The topic is essentially an outline index of a website. The index should clearly display the subject of the website. When preparing a column, you should carefully consider and arrange it properly. Note the following during column orchestration:
● Delete topics irrelevant to the subject as much as possible;
● List the most valuable content on the website as much as possible;
● Arrange columns from the perspective of visitors as much as possible to facilitate visitors to browse and query; auxiliary content, such as site introduction, copyright information, personal information, etc., do not need to be placed in the main column to avoid downgrading the topic.
In addition, the layout settings of the section should also be reasonably arranged and divided. A section is larger than a column. Each section has its own column. For example, the website of enet Silicon Valley power (www.enet.com.cn) is divided into news, products, games, colleges, and other sections. Each section has its own main column. Generally, personal sites have less content, and only one column is enough. You do not need to set a section. If you need to set the section, note the following:
● Each section must be relatively independent;
● Various sections should be associated;
● The content of each section should be centered on the site subject;
② Directory structure and Link Structure
A website directory is a directory created when a website is created. For example, the root directory and images subdirectory are created by default when a website is created using FrontPage. The directory structure is easy to ignore. Most webmasters create subdirectories without planning. The directory structure is good or bad, but it does not feel too much for viewers. However, for the maintenance of the site itself, the expansion and Transplantation of content in the future will have an important impact. Therefore, when creating a directory structure, make careful arrangements, such:
● Do not store all files in the root directory. Some website creators put all files under the root directory for convenience. This can easily lead to confusion in file management, and unclear which files need to be edited and updated, which useless files can be deleted, and which are associated files, which affects work efficiency. The upload speed is slow, the server usually creates a file index for the root directory. If all files are stored in the root directory, the server needs to retrieve all files even if only one file is uploaded and updated, create a new index file. Obviously, the larger the file volume, the longer the waiting time.
● Create sub-directories by column content. Create Sub-directories by the main column. There are many links, and you can create independent subdirectories if you need to update them frequently. Some columns that are highly correlated and do not need to be updated frequently, such as website introductions and webmasters, can be merged into a unified directory. Generally, all programs are stored in a specific directory. For example, CGI programs are stored in the cgi-bin directory. It is recommended that all downloaded content be stored in a directory for easy maintenance and management.
● Create an independent images directory in each home directory. Generally, the root directory of a site has a default images directory. It is inconvenient to store all the images in this directory. For example, when a column is deleted, it is quite troublesome to manage the images. Therefore, creating an independent images directory for each main topic is convenient for management. The reason is simple, that is, convenient maintenance and management.
Other Notes: The Directory level should not be too deep, not more than three layers; do not use a Chinese directory, and use a Chinese directory may cause difficulties in displaying the website correctly; do not use too long directories, too long directory names are not easy to remember; try to use clear directories for memory and management.
The Link Structure of a website refers to the topological structure of links between pages. It is based on the directory structure, but can span directories. Image: each page is a fixed point, and the link is a line between two fixed points. A vertex can be connected to or connected to multiple vertices. More importantly, these points are not distributed in a plane, but exist in a three-dimensional space. Generally, there are two basic methods to create a link structure for a website:
● Tree link structure (one-to-one), which is similar to the DOS directory structure. The Home Page Link points to the first-level page, and the first-level page Link points to the second-level page. When such a link structure is viewed, the visitor enters at the first level and exits at the first level. The structure is clear, and the visitor knows exactly where he is and does not "Know where he is", but the browsing efficiency is low, the sub-page under one topic to the sub-page under another topic, you must go back to the home page before proceeding.
● A star-shaped link structure (one-to-many) is similar to a network server link. Each page is connected to each other. In this way, browsing is convenient and you can reach your favorite page at any time. However, because there are too many links, it is easy for viewers to lose their way and find out where they are and how much they have read.
Therefore, in actual website design, these two structures are always used together. Websites hope that visitors can easily and quickly reach the pages they need and clearly know their locations. Therefore, the best way is to use a Star Link Structure between the home page and the first page, and a tree link structure between the first and second pages. The design of the link structure is an important part in the actual website creation. The layout of the webpage is directly influenced by the link structure used.
③ Perform image design
The website design can start from the following points:
● Design the Website Logo ). A logo is a Website Logo. It can be a Chinese character, an English letter, or a symbol or a pattern. The logo design idea should come from the website name and content. For example, representative figures, animals, and plants on the website can be used as the blueprint for design, cartoon or artistic. professional websites can use the items represented by this major as a symbol. The most common and simple way is to use the English name of your website as a logo. You can easily create your own logo by using different fonts, letters, and combinations of letters.
● Design website colors. The first impression a website gives is a visual impact. Different colors can produce different effects, which may affect the mood of visitors. "Standard color" refers to the color that can reflect the website image and extended connotation. It is used for Website Logo, title, main menu and main color block. It gives people a unified feeling. Other colors can also be used, but they must be used as an ornament and a foil. In general, a website has no more than three standard colors, and too many colors are dazzling. Applicable to webpage Standard colors: blue, yellow/orange, black/gray/White.
● Design the website font. Like Standard colors, standard fonts refer to the specific fonts used for logos, titles, and main menus. The default font for a webpage is. In order to reflect the site's "distinctive" and special style, you can select some special fonts as needed. Producers can select a more appropriate font based on their website content. It should be noted that non-default fonts can only be used in the form of images, because it is likely that the viewer's computer does not have a special font, so the hard work of design and production may be overwhelmed.
● Design website billboards. It can also be said that the spirit, subject and center of the website, or the goal of the website, can be highly summarized in one sentence or word. If you use imposing words or words to summarize your website and conduct external publicity, you will receive better results.
Essentials 5: Determine the website Style
"Style" is abstract, which refers to the overall image of the site to give the viewer a comprehensive feeling. This "overall image" includes many factors such as the site's Ci (logo, color, Font, and slogan), layout, browsing method, interaction, text, tone, content value, and so on, websites can be approachable, lively, professional, and serious. Whether it's color, technology, text, layout, or interaction, as long as you can clearly tell the viewer that this is unique to your website, this forms the "style" of the website ".
The style is human-oriented. Through the color, technology, text, layout, and interaction of the website, we can summarize the personality of a Website: whether it is bold or clear or beautiful; is it gentle and elegant, or persistent and enthusiastic; is it lively and easy to change, or is it well-disciplined.
In short, the difference between a style website and an ordinary website is that what you see on an ordinary website is the information piled up together. You can only describe it with rational feelings, such as the amount of information, browsing speed and speed; on a website with a style, you can get a more emotional understanding besides the content, such as the taste of the site and the attitude of the browser.
After figuring out what kind of impression you want to give, you need to find out the most distinctive things on the website that best reflect the style of the website. It also focuses on strengthening and publicizing the website features. In short, the formation of style is not a positioning, You can constantly strengthen, adjust, and improve in practice.
Essentials 6: Innovative Content Selection
Good Content Selection requires good creativity. As a web design maker, the most worrying thing is that there is no good content creativity. The most creative idea on the network is the combination of virtual reality. The purpose of creativity is to better promote and promote the website. If the idea is good but meaningless to the website development, the website design maker should also give up the idea. In addition, the content of the home page is the root of the website. if the content is empty, there will not be many users even if the page is made beautifully. Basically, website content still affects website traffic, and content is king is still the key to personal website success.
Essentials 7: Promote Your Website
Marketing and promotion of websites also play an important role in the operation of personal websites. Before promoting personal websites, make sure that the following content has been prepared: the website information is rich, accurate, and timely; website technology has a certain level of professionalism, and the website interaction is good. In general, there are several ways to promote a website:
(1) Search Engine registration and search directory login skills
Registering a famous search engine site is the first step to promote the website technically. Registering a search engine has certain skills. A search engine such as AltaVista and search targets automatically includes submitted URLs. In addition, pay attention to the use of meta. do not submit the frame page in the column. Most search engines do not recognize the frame. Therefore, you must submit the main page with content.
Websites such as Yahoo and Sohu search directories use manual indexing to ensure the quality of their websites, the information obtained in classification query is more correlated than that of search engine sites (automatically searched by SPIDER. Because there are a large number of artificial factors for websites to be indexed in the search directory, pay attention to the rules when submitting the website. For example, Yahoo requires that the website description cannot exceed 25 words. Note: Submit the website to the most appropriate directory and carefully introduce the website. Do not make any false or exaggerated content.
(2) AD exchange skills
Many Personal sites put forward several conditions for mutual ad exchange: first, the access volume is equivalent; second, the homepage is exchanged. Obviously, this approach is to make full use of advertising exchanges. With the experience of many personal websites, When you exchange links with individual sites, the other party places the Website Logo on a page of friendship, rather than the home page, few visitors will come from there. Ad exchange usually works well on the homepage.
(3) Target email promotion
You can use the free email list to promote your website; you can send information to a specific network group by collecting specific email addresses, promote your website in a specific network group, and send HTML-format emails, even if the content has little to do with the recipient, it will not be deleted immediately as a spam. People will at least pay attention to the sender's address. However, pay attention to network ethics during email promotion.
Essentials 8: Support Daily website operation
When a personal website reaches a certain level, it must make money on the agenda. Generally, there are two channels for a personal website to obtain funds:
(1) advertising spaces for sales websites
Generally, websites with a daily traffic of less than 10 thousand people will not attract advertisers for the time being. The professionalism and commercialization of websites, past advertising experience, technology and design requirements also affect the sales of advertisements.
Generally, there are three ways to charge Web ads:
① CPM (cost per million/thousand)
Put an advertisement, it is charged for every 1,000 visits to the site. This method is most suitable for website operators. As long as someone browses the webpage, they will get money, no matter whether visitors are responsive to the advertisement-whether or not they will watch or click the advertisement.
This counts when the banner ads are directed to the website of the advertisers. Advertisers prefer this. They only set money for those who are interested in their ads. It is not suitable for website operators. According to some survey data, only 3% of visitors will "click" the advertisement.
③ Commission (Commission)
Based on the sales revenue of visitors clicking ads on your site, this method is more risky for website operators than the previous two.
Generally, personal websites use the combination of the first and second methods to charge ads. websites and advertisers may face less risk.
(2) Cooperation with large websites
In addition, through cooperation with large websites, funds can be obtained to maintain the daily operation of personal websites. However, personal websites can easily become a subsidiary of commercial websites.
With time and energy, coupled with learning and applying new technologies and skills, you can create a home for yourself on the Internet.
Start building with 50+ products and up to 12 months usage for Elastic Compute Service