Select an object in the PPT2007 presentation, which can be text, an icon, or a picture, click the Hyperlink button on the Ribbon, and open the Edit Hyperlink dialog box, where you can set a link for the object. This link, when playing a slide show or browsing, can lead the audience to jump to the appropriate page.
If you want to click a link and view it through IE when you are presenting a presentation, click the Hyperlink button, open the Edit Hyperlink dialog box, enter http://+ specific address in the Address field, or click the ScreenTip button to set the hyperlink ScreenTip, as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1 Editing a hyperlink
Another common practice is to allow slides to be played with hyperlinks to different parts, and here's how to set up the show.
1. A custom show with hyperlinks
Custom shows that use hyperlinks can organize the content in PPT2007 presentations. If a user creates a major custom show for the company's entire organization, you can create a custom show on that basis for each department in the organization and link to the show from the primary presentation.
Users can also create table of contents slides using a custom show with hyperlinks. With catalog slides, users can navigate to different parts of the presentation so that they can choose which parts to show to the audience at a particular point in time.
2. Create a custom show with a hyperlink
To create a custom show with a hyperlink, you can follow these steps.
(1) On the Slide Show tab, in the Start Slide Show group, click the arrow next to Custom slide show, and then click Custom Show.
(2) In the Custom Show dialog box, click New.
(3) Under Slides in presentation, click the slides that you want to include in the primary custom show, and then click OK.
(4) Type a name in the Slide Show Name box, and then click OK. To create additional custom shows by using any of the slides in your presentation, repeat steps (1) ~ (4).
(5) To create a hyperlink from the primary show to the secondary show, select the text or object that is used to represent the hyperlink.
(6) On the Insert tab, in the Links group, click the arrow under Hyperlinks, and then click Hyperlinks.
(7) Under Link to, click location in this document to do one of the following:
To link to a custom show, in the Select a location in document list, select the custom show you want to jump to, and then select the return after Show check box;
To link to a location in the active presentation, in the Select a location in document list, select the slide you want to jump to.