Windows system installed, how to install Linux system? The tutorial on the network is not too old or too messy, here I say the basic process:
Before installing, you must know that there is no final partition space on your hard drive for Linux installation. If so, you can install it directly, and Linux will automatically recognize that space. If there is no space at the end, you can free up a space from the Windows partition.
Right-click on "My Computer", "Management" select "Disk Management" OK, now choose a disk to install Linux, recommend the last disk. After you select the disk, right-click Delete disk partition (Note that important data is saved ...) So this space is separated from windows ... Next... Throw the plate in and press the tip ... Like Windows ... If you really do not, all the way by default Ah ... If still not, give me a message, I generally "know all answer": http://www.ititgo.cn/ly.asp
Here is a reference article on the web.
3. Start Installation
CD-ROM installation: In the BIOS modified for the CD-ROM boot computer, with Fedora's first CD-ROM boot into the installation interface, press ENTER directly to start the installation.
Hard drive installation: Put three ISO files in the same directory, such as: G:fedora, with Winiso or WinRAR extract the Fedora first CD ISO file dosutils directory, such as in the G:fedora directory, with Windows 98 boot disk into DOS, do not load the optical drive. Switch directories to Dosutils, run Autoboot to start installation. Then you will choose to install the way, select the hard drive installation, Next will let you choose the ISO file storage path, select the partition and then fill in the directory name, such as: Select/dev/hda8, fill in fedora.
Note: Linux treats all devices as files as well. Primary master on the device in Linux under the corresponding device named HDA, connected to the primary slave equipment on the HDB, and then secondary master hdc, followed by the secondary slave on the HDD. The/dev directory is where Linux stores device files. The hard disk is connected to the primary master, so it is HDA, and the partition is added in the following numbers, because Linux retains 1-4 as the primary partition, so the first logical partition of the extended partition is used 5来 said, D is generally hda5, so the above G-Disk is hda8.
Tip: Fedora hides the choice of ReiserFS partition format. CD-ROM installation, after the boot input Linux ReiserFS can be installed when the partition format to ReiserFS format, as shown. If the hard drive is installed, you can enter Autoboot ReiserFS. Sometimes, because the installer does not support your graphics card, you can use text mode to install, in the boot: After the input of Linux text can be.
4. The dialog box is to select whether to have a parity disc, select Skip to skip.
Of course, if your installation can not be done correctly, you can also check the disc to see if the CD is a problem.
5. Welcome interface
6. Select the language in which the installer is used. Select "Simplified Chinese".
7. Keyboard configuration. You can use the default U.S. 中文版.
8. Mouse configuration. Here the "Wheel Mouse (PS/2)" is with the wheel of the mouse, if your mouse does not have a scroll wheel, you can choose to simulate 3 keys, so that the same time press the left and right button can simulate the middle button. Choose the mouse you are using.
Tip: If you don't find the right option for your mouse, you can choose "Microsoft Mouse", which is normally used.
9. Selection of Monitor. There are already quite a few monitors available to choose from. If the model of your monitor is detected, use the default. If it doesn't matter, use the generic (Generic), and then follow your display instructions to set the "Horizontal frequency range" and "vertical frequency range" on the line.
Tip: If the installer correctly identifies your display model, the default horizontal frequency range and vertical frequency range.