How to install Mac OS X 10.9 on VMware 10
Recently, I need to create an App on the iPad. So I want to install an OS X 10.9 on a virtual machine and try it out. After dozens of attempts to install Mac OS X 10.9 on VMware 10, the correct method was found. This method does not require any USB flash disks, and because all operations are on the hard disk, the speed will be very fast.
The tools and files to be prepared are as follows:
All the tools are ready. install them as follows:1. Install VMware 10.
I use the VMware default installation directory because I heard that the unlock-all-v130 only recognizes the default installation directory. The next step explains what the unlock-all-v130 is doing.Ii. Install the VMware Mac OS patch.
A lot of online search, download and decompress, right-click unlock-all-v120 \ windows \ install. cmd, select "Run as administrator ". A prompt is displayed after running.Iii. Decompress InstallESD. dmg and BaseSystem. dmg from Install OS X Mavericks. dmg
Take 7-zip as an example to demonstrate how to obtain InstallESD. dmg and BaseSystem. dmg.
1. Right-click Install OS x Mavericks. dmg and choose 7-zip> extract to "Install OS X Mavericks \". After decompression, you will get a folder named Install OS X Mavericks, as shown in.
2. go to the Install OS X Mavericks folder and open "5. hfsx file, according to the path "Install OS x Mavericks \ Install OS X Mavericks. app \ Contents \ SharedSupport \ "find" InstallESD. dmg ", extract it (note the InstallESD of this step. dmg is not the final InstallESD we need. dmg ).
3. Decompress InstallESD. dmg to "InstallESD \". After decompression, enter the InstallESD folder, as shown in.
4. Enter InstallMacOSX. pkg. The contents of the folder are as follows. Finally, I found InstallESD. dmg (the hidden depth is true (depth = ).
5. Select InstallESD. dmg, right-click, and choose 7-zip to decompress InstallESD. dmg to "InstallESD \". The decompressed folder content is shown in.
6. Open "3. hfs" using 7-zip. There is an OS X Install ESD directory in it. After entering this directory, find BaseSystem. dmg and extract it.
Iv. Use UltraISO to convert InstallESD. dmg and BaseSystem. dmg to InstallESD. iso and BaseSystem. iso
Set VM boot CD: click "Edit VM Settings", click "CD/DVD" on the "hardware" page, and select "use ISO image file" in the "connection" box on the right ", click Browse and select the BaseSystem converted in step 4. iso; select "device status" as "connection at startup ".
Set the VM installation disc: click "add ()... "button. In the displayed dialog box, select" CD/DVD drive "and click" Next ". Select to use an ISO image and click" Next ". Click" Browse ", select InstallESD in step 4. iso; select "device status" as "connection at startup ".
Click "enable this VM" to automatically select the BaseSystem In the first CD/DVD drive. as the boot CD, iso starts slowly for the first time, and the "turn chrysanthemum" is displayed. wait patiently for a while.
After the "Chrysanthemum" is completed, the language setting page jumps out. Select a language you know (the tutorial selects Chinese) and click the right arrow to show the next step, go to the OS X utility page.
This is the "OS X utility" page, which contains many tools. Next we will do a lot of things here, so we will give a close-up to familiarize you with it.
These tools are indeed worthy of the word "practical" because of her: Terminal. There is a good saying, Where there is a shell, there is a way (by the way ).7. to partition the virtual disk and install the system, we need to create a hard disk partition that can guide the installation of the system, without the need for too much capacity (8 GB enough ). After installing the system, you can delete the hard disk partition.
1. Select "disk tool" and click "continue" to go to the disk tool. On the left side, click "virtual hard disk" and click "partition ".
2. Click the drop-down box in "partition layout", select the number of partitions you need, and adjust the size of each partition. Take two zones as an example: we set the startup partition to 8 GB, and change its name to "START", the primary partition to 34 GB, and the name to "OS X ". Click "application". The system will prompt you if you want to partition. Click "partition ".
3. Click the Red Circle to close "disk tool" and return to the "OS X utility" page. In the top menu bar, click "utility" to open "terminal".
4. view the file system in the terminal and enter "df-h" (excluding quotation marks) and press Enter. The following output is displayed.
5. Enter the/Volumes/OS x Install ESD Directory: Enter "cd/Volumes/OS \ X \ Install \ ESD/" in the terminal (note the space in the command ).
6. Enter "ls" and press enter to check whether the directory is in/Volumes/OS X Install ESD. The files in the directory are as follows:
7. Mount BaseSystem. dmg: Enter the command "hdiutil attach BaseSystem. dmg" and press Enter.
8. Click terminal on the menu bar and select exit terminal to switch to the OS X utility page.
9. Click "disk tool" again to go to the disk tool page. There is an additional item on the Left called OS X Base System.
10. restore the content in OS x Base System to the START partition: select OS X Base System, click the "Restore" tab, and drag the START partition to the "target disk, click "Restore ". The system will prompt you that the data on START will be erased. Click "erase ".
11. After the restoration is complete, the name of the START partition will change. Disable "disk tool" and open "terminal ".
12. Delete the/Volumes/OS X Base System 2/System/Installation/Packages file:
13. Copy the/Volumes/OS x Install ESD/Packages directory to the/Volumes/OS X Base System 2/System/Installation/directory.
14. The copy is complete.
15. Exit the console (do not click the red button, but exit with the menu on the menu bar), and switch to the "OS X utility" page.
16. Close "OS x utility" and the system will prompt you "are you sure you want to exit 'OS X utility ?".
17. click "select boot disk... ", wait a few seconds, the System will pop up the" select boot disk "dialog box, select OS x Base System OS X, 10.9, and click" restart... "button. The system will ask you if you want to restart. Nonsense. You must restart it!
18. Click "restart" and wait. During this period, the OS in the virtual machine will be restarted once. After the chrysanthemum is transferred, the system configuration page will be displayed.
19. I will help you here. Click the mouse as prompted by the system.
To those who have cleanliness:
This article permanently updates the link address: