How to install the Configure ISA Firewall on Win2000
Developer on Alibaba Coud: Build your first app with APIs, SDKs, and tutorials on the Alibaba Cloud. Read more ＞
Warning: The enterprise initialization process copies the ISA Server schema information to Active Directory. Because Active Directory does not support deletion of schema objects, the enterprise initialization process is irreversible.
How to install ISA Server as a firewall
To install ISA Server as a firewall, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, click Run, type cmd in the Open text box, and then click OK.
2. At the command prompt, type Path/isa/i386/msisaent.exe where path is the path to the ISA Server installation file. Note that the path may be the root folder of the ISA Server CD, or it may be a shared folder on the network that contains the ISA Server files.
3. Click Continue in the Microsoft ISA Server Installation dialog box.
4. Read the End User License Agreement (EULA), and then click I agree.
5. Select one of the installation options, as appropriate.
6. Click Firewall mode, and then click Continue.
7. When you are prompted to allow the installer to stop Internet Information Services (IIS), click OK.
8. To automatically build an Internet protocol (IP) address, click Establish a table, click the network card that is connected to your server, and then click OK.
9. Click OK to start the Configuration wizard.
How to configure firewall protection To configure firewall protection, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, point to the program, point to Microsoft Isa Server, and then click ISA Management.
2. In the console tree, click to expand the server_name/access policy (where server_name is the name of the server), right-click IP packet Filters, point to New, and then click Filter.
3. In the IP packet filter Name box, type the name of the packet that you want to filter, and then click Next.
4. Click Allow or block to allow or block the packet, and then click Next.
5. Accept the predefined options, and then click Next.
6. Click the option to select the way you want to apply the packet filter, and then click Next.
7. Click the remote computer, and then click Next.
8. Click Finish.
Note: You can also edit the properties of other services, such as Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) and Domain Name System (DNS), by double-clicking the appropriate service in the Configuration box.
This article is an English version of an article which is originally in the Chinese language on aliyun.com and is provided for information purposes only. This website makes no representation or warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness ownership or
reliability of the article or any translations thereof. If you have any concerns or complaints relating to the article, please send an email, providing a detailed description of the concern or
complaint, to firstname.lastname@example.org. A staff member will contact you within 5 working days. Once verified, infringing content will be removed immediately.
The content source of this page is from Internet, which doesn't represent Alibaba Cloud's opinion;
products and services mentioned on that page don't have any relationship with Alibaba Cloud. If the
content of the page makes you feel confusing, please write us an email, we will handle the problem
within 5 days after receiving your email.
If you find any instances of plagiarism from the community, please send an email to:
and provide relevant evidence. A staff member will contact you within 5 working days.