How to solve the INF file txtsetup. sif error prompt when Windows XP is installed on a USB flash disk
When you use a USB flash drive to install the XP system, the following error occurs: INF file txtsetup. sif is running upt or missing, and status 18. What should we do if we encounter such a problem? The following describes how to solve the INF file txtsetup. sif error message when Windows XP is installed on a USB flash drive.
The specific method is as follows:
1. WinSetupFromUSB v2.1.6 is a green software, and the download method is relatively simple. Click Refresh to run the software and select the USB flash drive;
2. Set the Boot Mode: Click RMPrepUSB;
3. In the 3 BootOption column, select XP/BartPE bootable [NTLDR], select NTFS and BOOT as HDD in 4 FILESYSTEM and OVERRIDES, and then click 6 Prepare Drive;
4. Start writing the boot file. In the pop-up window, click OK. In the command line window, click OK again. When the window is closed, the RMPrepUSB interface is returned. Click exit to exit;
5. Specify the Installation File Path
Return to the WinSetupFromUSB main interface, select Windows 2000/XP/2003 Setup, and specify the drive letter of the installation disk (parent directory of the I386 folder). I use the virtual optical drive to load the xp image to the edisk. (If you load images, you will not be able to leave a message for consultation)
6. Wait until the USB flash drive is started. Click go to start the preparation. The preparation process will take about 10 minutes;
The above steps can solve the problem of INF file txtsetup. sif is too upt or missing error when using a USB flash drive to install XP.