Install the NVIDIA GTX750 graphics card driver in Ubuntu 12.04
I recently installed Ubuntu 12.04 on my computer. After I started it, I found that the system only has 1024*768 resolution. My computer's independent graphics card is Nvidia GTX 750, and the display supports 1920*1080. The method of adding resolution to the system for online searching is useless. Later, I downloaded the Linux driver from the NVIDIA official website and installed it myself. Finally, I got it done! 1920*1080 resolution is refreshing. The following is a record of the installation process.
1. First, view your graphics card model:
Lspci | grep VGA
The following information is displayed:
. 0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation Device 1381 (rev a2)
2. Download the driver
According to the NVIDIA Corporation Device 1381 online query, we know that it is a nvidia gtx 750 video card. Go to the NVIDIA website to download the corresponding driver. Pay attention to distinguish between 32-bit and 64-bit.
For example: GTX 750 driver is: NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-346.72.run
3. Uninstall the existing nvidia DRIVER:
Sudo apt-get remove-purge nvidia *
4. Start to install the driver.
(1) Ctrl + Alt + F1 enter the first console and enter the user name and password
(2) sudo stop lightdm
(3) sudo sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-346.72.run will pop up at this time nvidia installation interface, according to the prompts to install it, here to say, if the computer is a 64-bit system, after installation, you will be prompted whether to install the 32-bit library. You can simply choose whether to install the driver until the installation is complete.
(4) sudo start lihgtdm
5. the system automatically switches to the graphic interface. The resolution is 1920*1080, indicating that the driver has been installed.
Install the Nvidia private driver on Ubuntu 14.04 and switch between two graphics cards
Install the graphics card Driver Nvidia Driver 334.21 for Ubuntu users
How to install the latest NVIDIA 13.10 driver in Ubuntu 331.20
How to install the Nvidia 337.12 Beta graphics card driver in Linux
How do Ubuntu users install the latest Nvidia graphics card driver?