After the MyEclipse installation is complete, there is a very common shortcut key code hint key content assist is CTRL + Space This will conflict with Chinese input, and can not be used. You can change the shortcut keys in the following ways Windows => Preferences ... => general => Keys
is generally changed to alt+/hehe, the main is a person using the Eclipse code hint habit.
With alt+/, two things need to be done.
1,windows-->preference-->workbench-->keys Set the content Assist shortcut keys
2,windows-->preference-->workbench-->keys Set the Wordcomletion shortcut keys to the other.
If you are not prompted, it is possible that the prompt function is turned off.
Do it as follows
1, menu window->preferences->java->editor->content assist->enable Auto activation option to tick
2, Window->preferences->java->editor->content assist->advanced The above tab select the proposal kinds Contained in the ' Default ' content Assist list: Check the other Java proposals options.
By default, Eclipse, the MyEclipse code hints feature is much worse than Microsoft Visual Studio, primarily Eclipse, where the myeclipse itself has many options that are closed by default, and developers can manually configure them. If the developer is not clear, Eclipse is not known, and MyEclipse's code hints function as powerful as Microsoft Visual Studio's code hints.
Let's take a simple example to illustrate the problem, for example, generally by default, in Eclipse, MyEclipse code, to play a foreach,switch and so on, is not able to get the code hint (do not believe yourself to try), the other is not to mention, while at Microsoft A very friendly code hint is inside Visual studio. In fact, Eclipse, the code hint feature in the MyEclipse code is typically a dot ".", usually with a dot "." Before there is a code hint.
Principle: "Auto activation triggers for Java" is the option that triggers the code hint, putting "." To ". ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ (,") means to encounter 26 letters and., (these symbols trigger the Code hints feature.) (Specific back has said, rest assured)
Enhanced Eclipse, myeclipse 6.5 code hint function, how to configure? The following start to say steps (note I use the MyEclipse 6.5 to do the explanation, the other, the principle is the same):
1. Open MyEclipse 6.5, then "window" → "Preferences"
2. Select "Java", expand, "Editor", select "Content Assist".
3. Select "Content Assist" and then see the "Auto Activation triggers for Java" option under "Auto-activation" on the right side of the right. Actually, it means that the trigger code hint is "." This symbol.
4. "Auto activation triggers for Java" option, in "." After adding ABC letter, easy to find the following changes. Then "Apply" and click "OK".
5. Then, "File" → "Export", in the pop-up window select "Perferences", click "Next".
6. Select the export file path, I export to the desktop, enter "test" as the file name, click "Save".
7. On the desktop to find just in the saved file "TEST.EPF", right-click Select "Open with Notepad."
8. You can see a lot of configuration MyEclipse 6.5 information
9. Press "CTRL + F" shortcut, enter ". ABC" and click "Find Next".
10. The configuration information to find ". ABC" is as follows:
11. Change ". abc" to ". ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ (,", Save, close "TEST.EPF".
12. Back to MyEclipse 6.5 interface, "file" → "Import", in the pop-up window select "Perferences", click "Next", select just in the modified "TEST.EPF" file, click "Open", click "Finish". This step is similar to the previous export step.
13. Finally, of course, the code is tested. Create a new project and create a new class. Test the code input Switch,foreach, and so on. You will immediately find that there is a hint, and no matter what letter is to knock on a lot of related tips, very smooth, very convenient.
The "Auto activation triggers for Java" option refers to the option of triggering a code hint to "." To ". ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ (,") means to encounter 26 letters and., (these symbols trigger the Code hints feature.)
Of course, ". ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ (," Here you can also add uppercase letters and some other symbols, specifically, set and adjust yourself according to your needs.)
This auto activation delay is to set the delay time for triggering code hints. 200 refers to 200ms, is the default value, you can also set according to need.
By the way, modify the class name, interface name, etc. with different colors highlighted, you can configure this in the "Java" → "Enditor" → "Syntac", the right to expand "Java" → "classes", on the hook "Enable" this option, choose their favorite color can be. Of course, there are other related color configurations. I will not tell you the details. In fact, in "Preferences" this thing,
In fact, there are a lot of things can be configured, so that MyEclipse optimization, specific to each person according to their personal preferences to configure. Thank you.