The Key Tips for Photoshop in this example are the Pen tool path drawing, loading path selection method, glass filter, adjusting hue/saturation, using the smudge tool, and color mode. The end of the article provides the original document for everyone to download reference.
Comparison of artwork and final effect chart
This article takes Photoshop CS2 Chinese version as an example, the other version of Photoshop may be slightly different in the procedure. Provided at the end of the article. PSD source files for readers to download the reference.
The specific steps are as follows.
1. First save the picture in Figure 1 to a location.
2. Open the saved picture in Photoshop.
3. Create a new layer, select the Pen tool in the toolbox, and draw the flow path, as shown in Figure 2.
Continue to draw--
4. In the Path palette, hold down the CTRL key and click the path layer to get the path selection as shown in Figure 5.
5. Press D to set the foreground and background colors to the default black and white, and then press Ctrl+del to fill the selection with white, as shown in Figure 6.
6. Select menu command "Choose > Modify > Shrink" as shown in Figure 7.
In the Shrink Selection dialog box, set the shrink to 2 pixels, as shown in Figure 8. Set Finish Click OK.
Then press Alt+del to fill the selection with black, as shown in Figure 9.
7. Then shrink it in a similar way and fill it with white, as shown in Figure 10.
8. Still use this method, fill black, and finally press Ctrl+d to deselect, as shown in Figure 11.
9. Select "Filter > Twist > Glass" as shown in Figure 12.
Set as shown in Figure 13.
Set Finish Click OK to get the result as shown in Figure 14.
10. Press Ctrl+j to copy a copy layer and change the blending mode of the replica layer to "color deepened" as shown in Figure 15.
There's a bit of water now, as shown in Figure 16.
11. Select the Smudge tool in the toolbox and set the strength value to a smaller size in the options bar, such as 6%, as shown in Figure 17.
Carefully smear a few, not too much, thinking of the real water flow, you can get the results shown in Figure 18.
12. Press Ctrl+u to open the Hue/Saturation dialog box, set as shown in Figure 19.
Set Finish Click OK to get the final water effect, as shown in Figure 20. Download the original file (extract password: design.yesky.com)