Please consider the following circumstances. Create a presentation in PowerPoint 2007. In addition, you do one of the following:
• Save your presentation in PowerPoint 97-2003 presentation format with embedded fonts.
• Save your presentation using the package for CD feature.
When you open a presentation on another computer, the original font will be replaced with a different font.
This problem occurs because the font used is restricted and cannot be embedded.
On the computer where the presentation was created, follow these steps to replace the restricted font with a font that can be embedded:
1. Open PowerPoint presentation.
2. Click Microsoft Office button, and then click Save As.
3. In the Save as type list, click PowerPoint Presentation.
4. Click Tools, and then click Save Options.
5. Under maintain fidelity when sharing this presentation, click to select the Embed fonts in Files check box.
6. Click OK, and then click Save.
7. If the presentation contains fonts with embedded restrictions, a warning message appears. When you save your presentation, replace the restricted font with a font that does not generate a warning message. To do this, follow these steps:
A. On the Start tab, click the arrow next to replace in the edit group, and then click Replace Font.
B. Select a font in the Replace list, and then select a similar font in the Replace with list.
C. Click Replace.
D. Repeat steps 7b and 7c as needed to replace the other fonts, and then click Close.
Repeat steps 2 through 6 until you can save the presentation, and you won't see a warning message about the embedded font.