When you try to package a PowerPoint 2007 presentation for use on a CD, the package for CD command on the Office button, under Publish, is not available.
This problem occurs if one or more of the following conditions are true: • The presentation is marked as final.
• The presentation is on a network share. Also, one of the other users opened the presentation, or the presentation was opened as read-only.
• The presentation contains restricted embedded fonts. Also, the presentation has been opened as read-only.
• The presentation has been digitally signed.
• The presentation is protected by Information Rights Management (IRM).
Note: IRM-protected presentations cannot be packaged as CDs. Also, you cannot remove IRM protection so that your presentation can be packaged as a CD.
Disable the mark as final option
If the presentation is marked as final, you must disable the mark as final option before you can package the presentation as a CD. To do this, click Microsoft Office buttons, point to finish, and then click Mark as final (this option is selected).
After you have packaged the presentation, you can mark it as final. To do this, click Microsoft Office buttons, point to finish, and then click Mark as Final.
Save a presentation as a new copy
If your presentation has been opened as read-only or is being used by someone else, you must save a new copy of the presentation. Then, package the presentation as a CD. To do this, follow these steps: 1. Click Microsoft Office buttons, and then click Save As.
2. Type a new name for the presentation, and then click Save.
Replace restricted embedded fonts
If your presentation contains restricted embedded fonts, and you open the presentation as read-only, you cannot package the presentation as a CD. To resolve this issue, you can open a copy of the presentation or replace the restricted embedded font.
If there are no suspicious fonts on your computer, compare the fonts on your computer with the fonts that are in use in your presentation to determine which fonts you have to replace.
If you have a suspicious font on your computer, use the tool to check the embedded license properties for any installed fonts. To obtain the tool, visit the following Microsoft Web site: http://....mspx
To determine which font is being used in your presentation, you can use the Replace Font tool. On the Start tab, click Replace font in the Replace list in the edit group.
Note: Fonts listed in the Replace Font tool do not include fonts that are part of the design theme of the presentation.
To replace the font with the Replace Font tool, click the font you want to replace in the Replace list, click the replacement font in the Replace with list, and then click Replace. Repeat this procedure for each font that needs to be replaced.
To replace the font associated with the design theme, follow these steps:
1. On the View tab, click Slide Master in the Presentation View group.
2. On the Slide Master tab, select the new font theme in the Font Topics list in the Edit topics group.
3. In the close group, click Close.
For more information about how to use embedded fonts in PowerPoint 2007 presentations, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
PowerPoint 2007 cannot embed some fonts
Remove a digital signature from a presentation
If you want to delete
Digital signatures in a presentation, we recommend that you use a copy of the presentation. To remove a digital signature, follow these steps:
1. Open the presentation you want to package.
2. Click Microsoft Office button, and then click Save As.
3. Type a new name for the presentation, and then click Save.
4. Click Microsoft Office button, point to Finish, and then click View Signature. The signature pane displays the current digital signature attached to the presentation.
5. Right-click the digital signature, and then click Remove Signature.
6. When you are prompted to delete the signature, click Yes, and then click OK.
7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 for each signature in the pane.