Whether writing a graduation thesis or publishing an academic article, it is inevitable to face the editorial work of reference documents. And many people edit the reference method for manual input, once inserted or deleted documents have to be re-edited, inefficient, poor results. The reference to the paper, like human organs in the body, indispensable, essential. Therefore, it is necessary to have a certain understanding and mastery of how to edit a paper reference in a Microsoft Office Word 2010 environment. I combined with my own experience and refer to some of the techniques on the Internet, this has made a detailed overview of this, I hope to provide you with some help.
One, add a reference
Move the cursor to where you want to insert the reference, in the menu "References"-"footnotes and endnotes". In the dialog box, select Endnote, where the end of document is recommended. Number format Select Arabic numerals. After the determination of a superscript "1" is inserted, and the cursor automatically jumps to the end of the article, preceded by a superscript "1", this is the place to enter the first reference.
Click "References" → show "footnotes and endnotes" dialog → "location" item in "Endnote"/"End of document" → "format" item "numbering format" (default = "I", II, III, ... "Change to" 1, 2, 3, ... ")," number "select" continuous "→" Apply Changes "to select" Entire document "→" Insert ", shown in 1 (red ellipse marker).
Double-click to implement "reference location" and "reference location" to jump to each other, if you want to delete the reference, you should be in the text refers to the location of the deletion, note that the location of the multi-out reference should also be deleted. The Wakahara reference is deleted, and the location of the other cross-references is not deleted. Select All + when you press F9, the cross-reference location that is not deleted appears " Error!" The bookmark is not defined. "
1. If the same reference is referenced in two places, the endnote can only be inserted where the previous reference is, and cannot be inserted at the same time. After you change the article, the number of references that are inserted after this is not automatically changed.
(1) Click where you want to insert a reference to the note;
(2) Click on the "caption"-"Cross-Reference" command in the "References" menu;
(3) In the Reference type box, click Footnote or endnote, click the comment that you want to refer to in the reference footnote or the Reference endnote box, click the footnote number or endnote number option in the Reference Content box, click the Insert button, and then click the Close button. " Effects such as .
(4) Finally, note that the new number that Word inserts is actually a cross-reference to the original reference tag. If comments are added, deleted, or moved, Word updates the cross-reference number when the document is printed or when the cross-reference number is selected and the F9 key is pressed. To do this you can press "Ctrl+ a" to select all content, press the "F9" key to complete the manual update.
Figure 5 Cross-references
Third, the deletion of the reference horizontal line
Select View-outline view or draft view . This view is useful for creating headings and moving paragraphs across.
Iv. modification of the labeling format
1. How to add "" to the number, the effect of , style appears
Press and hold the "ctrl+f" hotkey, a "navigation" bar appears to the left of the document, click the inverted triangle on the right, click "Replace" to bring up the "Find and Replace dialog". Click on the "Find" button, select "Special format"/"Endnote mark" in the "Find" field, and "^e" appears in the "Find what" drop-down box, which means to find in endnotes. Turn to the "Replace" item, enter "[^&]" in the "Replace with" drop-down box, and click the "Replace All" button to get the desired effect, as shown in 2.
Figure 2 Effect of [I] style appears
The label of both the text and the endnote has been added with square brackets, but the cross-reference part has not been added. To process the ordinal of a cross-reference:
(1) Menu "Tools", "Options", "View" tab, click "Field code" in the "Show" section, or use the shortcut key "Alt F9" to display the field code, you can see the cross-reference part has become the code;
(2) Menu "edit", "replace" or open the "Find and Replace" dialog box directly with "Ctrl+h";
(3) Enter "^d noteref" in the "Find what" text box, enter "[^&]" in the "Replace with" text box and place the cursor in the text box, then click the "Advanced" button, then click the "Format" button, select "Style" in the pop-up menu, then open "Find style" dialog box, select the "Endnote Reference" style; (you need to cancel to use it again).
2. How to shorten the document annotation, the effect of [1-6] style appears
(1) Click on the "File" menu, select "Options", the "Word Options" dialog box, select: Customize the Ribbon → "common command" switch to "all commands", find "Hide" command; Select "New tab" and rename (assuming "Huaxia") → "new Group" renamed "Hidden", Add to "Huaxia One Build" column, OK, 3 is shown.
Figure 3 Word Options
(2) In the Page view mode, select "][", click the "Hide" command just added, and then enter "-" between the numbers 1 and 6 (if you need to have superscript format, press "ctrl+shift+=" shortcut), this will appear [1-6] The effect of the style.
3. Reference to the text of the subject of change
You will find that the ordinal "1" in the text is in superscript format, which is what you want. But the "1" in the endnote is also in superscript format, which is not what you want. The rest of the format is not what you want, don't worry. Use the mouse to select the number "1" in the endnote, press the shortcut key "ctrl+shift+=" can make the serial number is no longer superscript, or right click on the mouse, a menu appears, select "Font", in the second menu to remove the "effect" column "√" in front of "yes".
1, in general, the reference documents need to be enclosed in brackets, the operation steps are:
Press: Left ARROW key (this is the middle of the input position in brackets)
Enter reference content
Double-click the endnote number to return to the document edit location continue editing
The upper step is the step to insert a reference.
Repeated references are reproduced on the top of the 5th cross-reference operation.
2. Insert multiple reference methods in the same position:
According to the first of the above operation, the number of endnotes, if the reference number is 12,13,14,15,16,17,18 input after the form of ""
Select "1314151617", right click, select "Font", in the Menu "effect" bar "hide" before "yes", OK.
Then enter "-" and the final editing effect is "[12-18]"
3, if the writing of the paper "reference" is not at the end of the article, such as reference to the literature after the publication of the author will be added.
At this point, you can double-click "Ctrl+shift+enter" to add two sections before the endnote section: "References" and "the author's publication of Papers"
Copy and paste all the inside of the endnote into Notepad, and then copy and paste from Notepad to the new references section
Use the item number to renumber the reference and set the numbering style as required.
Select the endnote section, right-click, select "Font", in the menu "Effects" bar "hide" before "√", OK! (This step should be set before the last print)