Label:Convert Oracle 12c Database from Standard Edition to Enterprise Edition
How to Convert the Oracle Database 12c from standard to Enterprise Edition? (Document ID 2046103.1)Applies To:Oracle database-enterprise edition-version 18.104.22.168 and later
How to Convert the Oracle Database 12c from standard to Enterprise Edition?Solution
Follow the steps below to convert the Oracle 12c database from standard Edition to Enterprise Edition:
1) Ensure that the release number of your Oracle standard Edition Server software is the same release as your Oracle Enter Prise Edition Server Software.
2) Shut down your database.
3) If your operating system is Windows, then stop all Oracle services, including the Oracleservicesid Oracle service, wher E SID is the instance name.
4) Back to all database files under the current Oracle home this must keep.
5) Deinstall the standard Edition server software. (It is optional-deinstall the standard Edition software)
Note:this step Deletes all existing database files, reside under the Oracle home.
Run the Deinstallation tool from the Oracle home. The Deinstallation tool is available as a separate command (deinstall) under the Oracle home directory after installation. It is located under Oracle_home\deinstall.
To deinstall a Oracle home on Windows with the following syntax:
To deinstall a Oracle home on Linux and UNIX, use the following syntax:
Note:starting with Oracle database 12c, the Deinstallation tool was integrated with the Database installation media. You can run the Deinstallation tool using Runinstaller on Linux and UNIX or setup.exe on Windows with The-deinstall and- Home options from the base directory of the Oracle database, Oracle database Client, or Oracle Grid Infrastructure install ation Media.
6) Install Oracle Enterprise Edition Server Software Using Oracle Universal Installer (OUI).
Select the same Oracle home that is used for the standard Edition so you uninstalled, or Select a New Oracle home. During the installation, being sure to select Enterprise Edition. When prompted, choose software is only from the Database Configuration screen.
7) If you have a existing database, then point your oracle_sid to this pre-existing database.
If Your existing database is on Windows and then you must re-create the DB service using oradim.
8) Start up your database.
NOTE: there is NO need to run the Catalog.sql and Catproc.sql scripts to convert standard Edi tion to Enterprise Edition.
Your database is now converted to Oracle database Enterprise Edition.
You can verify the same from the banner:
Sql> select banner from V$version; BANNER--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Oracle Database 12c Enterprise Edition release 22.214.171.124.0-64bit productionpl/sql release 126.96.36.199.0-productioncore 188.8.131.52.0 Productiontns for linux:version 184.108.40.206.0-productionnlsrtl Version 220.127.116.11.0-production
"Translated from MOS article" Convert Oracle 12c Database from Standard Edition to Enterprise Edition