Some time ago, I took a written test on IBM's blue path. After waiting for many days, I was very depressed, however, the messages on the Forum seem to indicate that none of the applicants in the Harbin region have received an interview notice, and I thought that most of the students who participated in the written examination at that time were students of engineering and university, then let it go. It's good to die with a comrade-in-arms of gongda. At least it proves that I am no worse than them (comfort yourself, haha ). However, I recall my anxiety about searching for questions before the test, and I was also worried about my fellow students who took the test later, although I have signed a confidentiality agreement on my exam questions (I can't remember the truth), I have no agreement on other questions on the Internet, so I have integrated the questions I have searched online over the past few days, I would like to attach the answer and wish you all the colleagues who can take the written test of IBM a pleasant journey !!
Part I matrix question (that is, changing the rows and columns to the edge to let you speak letters)
1: e d c B a c a d e B a d B c e B e d a c a e B Start at the fourth letter of Column 5 and follow the letters around the outside of the pattern in a clockwise direction. what is the second letter between the second E and the second B you come? 2: a B 2 C 3 1 B 3 d a 1 B c 4 5 A 5 2 B E 5 D 2 C In the row that has more letters than numbers, in which the numbers are separated by only one letter, and in which the numbers sum to less than the sum of the numbers in the second column, which letter comes just before the second number, counting from right to left? 3: e d c B a c a d e B a B c e B e d a c a e B If Row 4 were reversed, what letter wocould be abve E in Row 5? A B c d e2 B c a e d
3 c B e a d
4 c e d B
5 e d a c B answer the following questions. (1) After the first and fourth rows are exchanged, the right letter on the left under the fourth letter of the first row is. ① A ② B ③ c ④ d ⑤ e
(2) Delete all the letters on the left of d from the matrix. Delete all the c letters on the left of a from the matrix. If the number of types of the remaining letters in the matrix is greater than 3, the answer is that the upper left to the lower right corner of the original matrix appears twice. If the number of types of the remaining letters in the matrix is less than or equal to 3, the answer is four times from the upper right to the lower left corner of the original matrix.
① A ② B ③ c ④ d ⑤ e
(3) Replace all a with 4, and all d with 2. Which column has the largest sum?
① 1st columns ② 2nd columns ③ 3rd columns ④ 4th columns ⑤ Fifth Column
(4) from the upper left corner of the letter, clockwise along the periphery of the matrix, the first occurrence of the letter is.
① A ② B ③ c ④ d ⑤ e
(5) from top to bottom along the 5th columns, from bottom to top along the 3rd columns, from top to bottom along the 4th columns, and then from bottom to top along the 1st columns, next, the top-to-bottom 2nd letters along the 1st columns appear 5 times.
① A ② B ③ c ④ d ⑤ e
(6) from the upper left corner of the letter, clockwise along the periphery of the matrix, which of the following is the first occurrence of the letter.
① A ② B ③ c ④ d ⑤ e
Part II series questions (that is, there are some consecutive letters/numbers, let you guess next)
16. 4, 8, 16, 32, 64,128 ,?
17. 8, 16, 24, 32, 40, 48 ,?
18. 13, 11, 14, 12, 15, 13 ,?
19. 6, 18, 36,108,216,648 ,?
20. 4, 4, 8, 8, 16, 16 ,?
21. 2, 6, 18, 54,162,486 ,?
22. 4, 20, 35, 49, 62, 74 ,?
23. 10, 18, 15, 23, 20, 28 ,?
24. 4, 10, 8, 14, 12, 18 ,?
25 10, 15, 12, 17, 14, 10 ,?
Part III Application Questions (mainly score calculation, elementary understanding)
1. A clerk multiplied a number by ten when it shocould have been divided by ten. The ans he got was 100. what shocould the ans have been? 2. If Rs20/-is available to pay for typing a research report & typist A produces 42 pages and typist B produces 28 pages. How much showould typist A receive? 3. the average salary of 3 workers is 95 Rs. per week. if one earns Rs.115 and second earns Rs.65 how much is the salary of the 3rd worker. 4. A 16 stored building has 12000 sq. feet on each floor. company A rents 7 floors and company B rents 4 floors. what is the number of sq. feet of unrented floor space. 5. during a given week A programer limit DS 1/4 of his time preparing flow chart, 3/8 of his tim E coding and the rest of the time in debugging the programs. if he works 48 hours during the week, how does hours did he spend debugging the program.6. A company installed 36 machines at the beginning of the year. in March they installed 9 additional machines and then disconnected 18 in August. how many were still installed at the end of the year. 7. A man owns 2/3 of the market research beauro B Usiness and sells 3/4 ofhis shares for Rs. 75000. what is the value of Business. 8. if 12 file cabinets require 18 feet of wall space, how many feet of wall space will 30 cabinets require? 9. A computer printer produced 176,400 lines in a given day. If the printer was in operation for seven hours during the day, how many lines did it print per minute? 10. From its total income, A sales company spent Rs.20, 000 for advertising, half of the remainder on commissions and had Rs.6000 left. What was its total income? 11. on Monday a banker processed a batch of cheques, on Tuesday she processed three times as hour, and on Wednesday she processed 4000 cheques. in the three days, she processed 16000 cheques. how did she process on Tuesday? 12. the cost of four dozen proof machine ribbons and five dozen accouting machine ribbons was Rs.160 /-. if one dozen accounting machine ribbons cost Rs.20/-, what is the cost of a dozen proof machine ribbons? 13. If a clerk can process 80 cheques in half an hour, how many cheques can she process in a seven and one half hour day? 14. In a library, there are two racks with 40 books per rack. On a given dya, 30 books were issued. What fraction remained in the racks? 15. The average length of three tapes is 6800 feet. None of the tapes is less than 6400 feet. What is the greatest possible length of one of the other tapes? 16. A company rented a machine for Rs.700/-a month. five years later the treasurer calculated that if the company had purchased the machine and paid Rs.100/-monthly maintenance charge, the company wowould hsaved Rs.2000 /-. what was the purchase price of the machine? 17. two computers each produced 48000 public utility bills in a day. one computer printed bills at the rate of 9600 an hour and the other at the rate of 7800 an hour. when the first computer finished its run, how many bills did the other computer still have to print? 18. if a salesman's average is a new order every other week, he will break the office record of the year. however, after 28 weeks, he is six orders behind schedule. in what proportion of the remaining weeks does he have to obtain a new order to break the record? 19. on a given day, a bank had 16000 cheques returned by MERs. inspection of the first 800 cheques indicated that 100 of those 800 had errors and were therefore the available immediately for data processing. on this basis, hwo implements cheques wocould be available immediately for data processing on that day? 20. A company figured it needed 37.8 sq. feet of carpot for its registration tion room. to allow for waste, it decided to order 20% more material than needed. fractional parts of sq. feet cannot be ordered. at Rs.9/-a sq. feet, how much wowould the carpet cost? Ans. a. rs.324 B) Rs.405 c) Rs.410 d) Rs.414 e) Rs.685 21. A tape manufacturer reduces the price of his heavy duty tape from Rs.30/-to Rs.28/-a reel and the price of a regular tape from Rs.24/-to Rs.23/-a reel. A computing center normally specified DS Rs.1440/-a month for tapes and 3/4 of this is for heavy duty tapes. how much will they save amonth under the new prices? 22. In a team of 12 persons, 1/3 are women and 2/3 are men. To obtain a team with 20% women how should men shoshould be hired? 23. the dimensions of a certain machine are 48 "X 30" X 52 ". if the size of the machine is increased proportionately until the sum of its dimensions equals 156 ", what will be the increase in the shortest side? 24. in a certain company, 20% of the men and 40% of the women attended the annual company picnic. if 35% of all the employees are man, what percent of all the employees went to the picnic? 25. it cost a college Rs.0.70 a copy to produce a Programme for the homecoming football game. if Rs.15, 000/-was encoded ed for advertisements in the programme, how many copies at Rs.0.50 a copy must be sold to make a profit of Rs.8000 /-? 26. one person traveled 4 laps with the speed of 10, 20, 40 (or 30) and 60 kmphand what is the average speed27. One person is wearing Black and White shoes as his pair. if he is having 20 white and 20 Black shoes. what will be the less number of time he have try to take his correct pair of shoes.28. Like from heght of 8 mts on ball fell down and each time it bounces half the distance back. so what wil L be the distance traveled.29. In a grass field. if there are 40 cows, they cocould eat for 40 days. if there are 30 cows, they coshould eat for 60 days. than if 20 cows, How much day they cocould eat?
1. C 2. C 3. E 4
1 = 1 2 = Rs12/-3 = Ans.105. 4 = Ans.60000 5 = Ans. 18.6 = Ans. 27 7 = Ans.150000 8 = Ans.45 9 = Ans.420 10 = Ans.3200011 = Ans.9000 12 = Ans. rs.15 13 = Ans.1200 14 = Ans.5/8 15 = Ans.7600 16 = Ans. rs.34000 17 = Ans.9000 18 = Ans.3/4 19 = Ans.14000 20 = tb21 = Ans. rs.87 22 = Ans.8 23 = Ans. 6 "24 = Ans.33 % 25 = Ans. 3500026 = 20 because 4/(1/10 + 1/20 + 1/30 + 1/60) 27 = Answer: 128 = Answer: 24mts 8 + 2*(4 + 2 + 1 + 0.5 + ....) = 2429 = Answer: 120days40 * 40a = c + 40b 30 * 60a = c + 60b 20 * Xa = c + Xb X = running a/10a = 120