Siege stress test and siege stress test
Siege Official Website: https://www.joedog.org/siege-home/
Siege is a multi-threaded http Load Testing and Benchmark Testing Tool in Linux.
Usage reason: Time needed
- Wget http://download.joedog.org/siege/siege-latest.tar.gz
- Tar-xzvf siege-latest.tar.gz
- Make install
- View the configuration file/usr/local/siege/bin/siege-C
Common Parameters of Siege commands
- -C 200: the specified concurrency is 200.
- -R 5: Number of specified tests 5
- -F urls.txt: Specifies the url file.
- -I: the internet system sends URLs randomly.
- -B requests do not need to wait for delay = 0
- -T 5: Continuous testing for 5 minutes
- -R and-t are generally not used at the same time.
Common siege commands
- 200 concurrent requests sent to the http://www.google.com 100 times
Siege-c 200-r 100 http://www.google.com
- List all URLs in urls.txt
Siege-c 200-r 100-f urls.txt
- Select urls.txt to list all URLs.
Siege-c 200-r 100-f urls.txt-I
- Delay = 0, more accurate stress testing, not functional testing
Siege-c 200-r 100-f urls.txt-I-B
- Specify the document type of the http Request Header
Siege-H "Content-Type: application/json"-c 200-r 100-f urls.txt-I-B
Siege output result description
- Transactions: Total number of tests
- Availability: Percentage of successes
- Elapsed time: Total time consumed in seconds
- Data transferred: Total Data Transmission
- Response time: wait until the Response time is reached
- Transaction rate: Average number of requests processed per second
- Throughput: Throughput
- Concurrency: Maximum Concurrency
- Successful transactions: Number of Successful requests
- Failed transactions: number of Failed requests
Summary tests used by Siege
Siege-c xxx-I-t 5-d 1-f solr2-wcs.txt
Siege-c 300-r 100-I-B-f