TR-069 is standard from dslforum to remotely manage networking devices. OMA-DM is standard from "Open Mobile Alliance'
To manage smart phones remotely. Though the target market segment is
Different, I don't see any major difference between both of them as far
As their functionality is concerned. I believe that both the standards
Are suitable for both kinds of market segments.
- Remote Configuration and monitoring of devices
- TR-069 is meant for managing networking devices.
- OMA-DM is meant for managing mobile devices.
- Firmware upgrade.
- HTTP Based Access-OMA-DM support other transports too.
- SSL for security.
- Both use XML for exchanging messages.
- Both support configuration parameters in hierarchical fashion (tree form ).
- Both keep CT devices to make connection to the central configuration server.
- Both support mutual authentication.
- Both have mechanic for central configuration server to your y devices of different events.
- OMA-DM uses WAP-push and SMS.
- TR-069 connects to device embedded HTTP server.
I don't see references differences though. I will post new entry once I find more information.
Both of these standards have become very popular in their market segments and IMO both will be used ving for a long time.