The overall structure of VMware horizon view is as follows:
This section describes how to install the view suite. The main steps include preparing the ad and DNS environment, installing the vsphere suite, installing the composor suite, and preparing the parent virtual machine.
1. Prepare ad
The view connection server host must be added to the ad domain and cannot be a domain controller.
1.1 create an organizational unit
By default, when creating a virtual desktop, these virtual opportunities are added to the ad domain and added to the computers container. Here we should create a dedicated organization unit for the view desktop.
Log on to the ad server as an administrator, create a new view organization unit under the active directory user and computer domain, and then create a WINXP-PC, win7-pc organization unit in the new organization unit.
1.2 create a user account for view composer
If view composer is used, you must create a user account in ad for view composer.View composer needs to use this account to add the cloned desktop to the ad domain.
To ensure security, you should create a separate account. Here, a new user named fan is created in the view organization. Click the newly created view organization and selectDelegate ControlTo allow the fan user to control the addition and deletion of computers in the Organization.
1.3 configure restricted group policies
The parent virtual machine needs to be deployed to use the Link clone virtual desktop. The parent virtual machine does not need to be added to the Active Directory. When you use the view administrator to create a link clone desktop, the new virtual machine is automatically added to the Active Directory. To log on to the view desktop, you must use the Active Directory user to log on. the user must be a member of the view desktop local Remote Desktop user group or a member of the local administrator group. Now you canUse the Restricted Group Policy in ad to add users or user groups to the local remote or administrator group of each view desktop.
Log on to the ad service and goServer Management-tools-Group Policy Management, Go to WINXP-PC under the newly created view organization, right-click and select"Create a GPO in this domain and connect to it", Enter the name, edit it, and locate it in the pop-up group policy management editor.Computer Configuration-policy-Windows Settings-Security Settings-Restricted GroupsRight-click the Add group, select "Remote Desktop Users attributes", and select "Domain Users", which means all domain members are added to the Remote Desktop User Group of the view desktop. The Administrator group is similar.
1.4 create a view desktop user
Log on to the Active Directory Server and create view1 and view2 users in the view organization.
2. Prepare a parent Vm for the view Desktop
If you create a virtual desktop that uses the clone link, create a snapshot for the virtual machine after the parent virtual machine is created. To create a parent Vm, follow these steps:
1. Create a Windows XP Virtual Machine on the esxi server and install common software and VMware Tools
2. Set power properties and enable remote desktop connections.
3. Install the VMware view agent (you must specify the connection address)
4. Create snapshots for virtual machines
Currently, view agent only supports the following system versions:
3. Prepare a resource pool for the view Desktop
When deploying a virtual desktop, you need to add the view desktop to the resource pool. Log on to vcenter to create a resource pool.
4. Install the view connection server Server
You need to add it to the domain and set the IP address. During installation, you must specify the initial view administrator to log on to view administrator to manage the connection server.
5. Install view composer Server
View composer must be supported by the sqlserver database. Before installing the composer server, install an sqlserver database and create a data source in the ODBC data source for composer.
6. Configure view connection server and view composer.
After the view connection server is installed, you must configure the view connection server and vcenter server and view composer server components.
The configuration address is the connection server address, as shown in figureHttps: // ip/adminAddress. Enter the domain user name and password configured in step 1.
Configure the vcenter server address and composer server address on the view configuration-Server Page.
7. Create a view desktop pool
The following describes how to create an automatic pool based on the parent VM.
1. log on to the connection server address and create a connection on the list-pool page.Automatic pool. Automatic pool, manual pool, Terminal Service pool
2. Select dedicated for user assignment and enable automatic assignment.
3. Select vcenter ServerView composer connection clone
4. Disable the power policy in the pool settings and enable HTML access.
5. Set VM attributes, such as pool size and naming method.
6. Select the parent VM
7. Select the ad container as the view organization created in the previous article.
8. Add a user (permission assignment) to the desktop pool, and enterDomain Users user group, indicating that every user in the domain can access this virtual pool.
8. Access the desktop pool using view Client
Access the connection server address such as https: // ip to download and install the version suitable for the current system.
Open View client, enter the connection server address, Configure SSL as the server ID book not verified, enter the user name view1, and password to log on (connect is required to install the HTML plug-in ).
View cient with local model if not selected, it is the same as view client.
View cient with local model cannot be installed on the same machine as vmware workstation.
9. Configure view HTML access
Use view HTML accessHTML5-based browserAccess the virtual desktop.
You must install the remote Agent agent on the parent VM.