A Free Trial That Lets You Build Big!
Start building with 50+ products and up to 12 months usage for Elastic Compute Service
Wait until you, the first official version of Visual Studio 2017, studio2017
Visual Studio 2017 official version is released. This version not only adds new features such as real-time unit testing and real-time architecture dependency verification, but also improves many practical functions, such as code navigation, intelliisense, refactoring, code repair and debugging. Regardless of the language or platform used, developers can save time and effort on their daily tasks.
In addition, this version provides a new lightweight and modular installation experience that can be customized as needed. The combination of multiple enhancement functions enables Visual Studio 2017 to start up three times faster than Visual Studio 2015, and the solution loading time is reduced by two to four times.
The details are as follows:
Released on: February 1, March 7, 2017
1. Navigation Enhancement
Visual Studio 2017 greatly improves code navigation and colors the results, providing custom grouping, sorting, filtering, and searching. Powerful Go to All (ctrl + T or ctrl +,), quick and complete search for any file, type, member, or symbol declaration in the solution.
2. No solution is required to load files
Visual Studio 2017 can directly open and process any file in a series of languages such as C #, C ++, Ruby, and Go.
3. Smart Filtering
Intelliisense now provides filters to help you get what you need, without having to take too many steps.
4. Language Improvement
Added a new C # Language refactoring command to help modernize the Code with the latest standards. The new style analyzer and support for EditorConfig can coordinate the coding standards of the entire team.
5. CMake support for C ++
You can directly load the CMake project in Visual Studio to start encoding.
6. Linux support for C ++
Visual C ++ for Linux is now part of Visual Studio 2017.
7. Live unit testing
As the name suggests, real-time tells you that the unit test will pass or fail without leaving the code editor.
8. Run to Click
When you stop an interruption in the debugger, hover your mouse over a line of code and you will see the Run to Click glyph. Click to stop the row and continue the next time.
9. Exception Helpers
You can immediately view the root cause of the exception and access the internal exception. In addition, when an exception is thrown, you can click the check box to add conditions to exclude the exception type thrown from the specified module.
10. Small and Light Installation
Visual Studio 2017 new installer is easier to start and run. The minimum installation size is only one tenth of the size of the previous version. It takes only one or two minutes to complete the installation.
If you do not want to see the following detailed summary and instructions, you can viewVersion highlightsBlog.
Develop: quick navigation, coding, and fixing code
●Brand new installation experience-Reduced minimum space occupation, faster and more customized installation experience, and support offline installation.
●Visual Studio IDE-In Visual Studio 2017, functions are greatly improved, including reducing startup and solution loading times, improved logon and authentication, and improved code navigation.
●Visual C ++-No major changes have been made in versions 2015 to 2017. But it still brings better support for C ++ 14 conformance level, CMake and build throughput, which can improve productivity.
●C # and Visual Basic-Extended support for new C #7.0 and Visual Basic 15 language functions, and introduced new refactoring, allowing you to organize source code in an action.
●F #-The F #4.1 language feature is supported, and the F # compiler and FSharp. Core are improved, as well as a new editor based on Roslyn Workspaces.
Debug: Easy debugging, configuration, and Diagnosis
Debugging and Diagnosis-Overhaul the code exception auxiliary program, resulting in faster code navigation. In addition, there are new summaries of application events and several improvements to CPU tools in the Diagnostic Tools window.
Test: Write high-quality code with comprehensive Test tools
●Live Unit Testing-Visualize the unit test results and code coverage process in the editor.
●Testing Tools-Use the test browser to automatically associate the work items of the test case.
Collaborate: Use Version Control for agile and efficient collaboration
●New Git features and upgraded connect experience in Team Explorer-In Visual Studio 2017, you can use Git to implement more functions and easily find the project and repos you want to connect.
●Visual Studio work feedback process improvement-More collaborative Report-A-Problem. Search, follow, and vote for all the latest and recent feedback.
Extend: Build extended custom preferences
●Visual Studio Extensions-Customize Visual Studio by building your own extensions.
●Discoverability of Project and ItemTemplates-Visual Studio has made significant improvements in using projects and project templates to improve performance.
Equip: use tools to increase productivity and explore new features
●. NET Core and ASP. NET Core-Includes the final version of the new MSBuild-based. NET Core 1.0. With Visual Studio 2017, you can create a. NET standard library,. NET Core application/library, and ASP. NET Web project in the new csproj format.
●Tools for Universal Windows App Development-The new version of. NET Native toolchain,. NET Core NuGet framework, new productivity tools, and support for Windows 10 "Creators Update" SDK.
●Xamarin-Added support for tvOS in Xamarin 4.3, and improved support for iOS Assets Catalog and XML editing experience.
●Visual Studio Tools for Apache Cordova-A new browser-based simulator enables you to quickly encode and view results immediately.
●Node. js Tools for Visual Studio-The update focuses on improving stability, performance, and overall product quality.
●Visual Studio Tools for Unity-Now you can use the "Game Development with Unity" workload in the New Visual Studio installation package.
●Redgate Developer Tools Core Edition-To extend the DevOps function to SQL database development, Visual Studio now includes the core version of The Redgate development tool, including Redgate ReadyRoll, SQL Search, and SQL Prompt.
●NuGet-NuGet now supports storing the package dependency information directly in the project file as a package reference.
●Tools for XAML Apps-The toolbar of The XAML runtime allows focus tracking. The improvements and performance optimizations of The XAML editor greatly increase the productivity of the XAML.
● Data Tools and SQL Server-the latest SQL Server Data Tools supports the latest features in Azure SQL database and SQL Server 2016.
● Developer Analytics Tools-Developer Analytics Tools v8.6 included in Visual Studio 2017 has made many improvements to the Application Insights and HockeyApp functions in Visual Studio.
● Office Developer Tools for Visual Studio-includes Office development Tools with the latest version and functions.
● Live Architecture Dependency Validation-real-time notification of Dependency verification graphs.
● Developer Command Prompt-script refactoring to support the new installation experience.
●Azure SDK for. NET-It can be used from the New Visual Studio installation package.
New features in Visual Studio 2017
● Visual Studio has been optimized to reduce the startup time and solution loading time. Start Visual Studio at least 50% faster for the first time.
● Visual Studio now monitors the extended performance of solution loading or editing. You can receive alerts about poor performance extensions through the notification bar in the IDE. The new performance center (help> Manage Visual Studio performance) not only allows you to view the extensions that affect performance, but also shows the tool windows that affect Startup Performance and change startup load behavior.
● You can choose to install the GitHub extension of Visual Studio in The New Visual Studio installer.
The reload of all projects has been replaced by the reload solution to support better performance when switching to the VS external branch. When you use the Git command line to switch the branch, select the overload solution after the branch switch to maximize performance.
● The file global function of the. NET Core and ASP. NET Core projects has been enhanced. See project file globbing for more details.
● After cloning, it will be automatically transferred to the folder view of the repository. You can use Solution Explorer's new solution selection list to view files.
The redesigned start page provides the new "open and create" function:
● Obtain a remote Repository from VSTS or use MRU to easily open local projects and solutions.
● The MRU on the start page is displayed in a cloned warehouse on another computer, so that you can easily clone them on the current computer.
● Create a new project that can search for templates and a list of recently used templates directly from the start page. Recently used templates will also use personalized accounts to roam between Visual Studio instances.
● Use the "export from VSTS" option on the start page to quickly start a new clone from VSTS
Release the "start to use" section.
● Fine-grained visual design to process the use of blank space on a small screen.
The new start page is as follows:
Improved code navigation. In Visual Studio 2017, the Code navigation function was significantly improved:
● Jump to all (Ctrl +, or Ctrl + T) so that you can quickly find and convert the files, types, methods, and other elements in the code. You can find any type of projects in a large code library. In C # and Visual Basic, a "fuzzy" Match is added. If you misspelled a type name, you can still search for the result. Go To Line (Ctrl + G) is also implemented ). This feature allows you To find Go To commands at the top of the editing menu.
● Searching for all references (Shift + F12) has also been significantly improved (currently only C #, Visual Basic, and C ++ are supported). It provides advanced grouping, filtering, and sorting, search for and highlight the results in the reference results (applicable to C # and VB), so you can clearly understand your reference and obtain the required code lines. When you hover your mouse over the referenced project, a floating prompt is displayed, containing the reference context in the source code (applicable to C # and VB ). By switching the keep results button in the toolbar, the next call to find all references will fill in the reference results in the new window. This allows you to retain the current result in the current window.
● The structure guide line is now re-drawn in the editor to easily view the structure of the Code in use. When you hover the mouse over the block, a floating prompt containing the context of the current block relative to its parent block is displayed. This function currently supports C #, Visual Basic, and XAML files, as well as any files supported by TextMate syntax. (In the "Tools"> "options" dialog box, disable this function by deselect the "show structure guide line" check box under the "Text Editor"> "general" category)
Visual C ++
C ++ code analysis
The C ++ core checker used to execute the C ++ core guide is now released with Visual Studio. You only need to enable the checker function in the code analysis extension dialog box on the project properties page. This extension is automatically introduced when you run code analysis.
C ++ Compiler
Updated the C ++ compiler and standard library, enhanced support for C ++ 11 and C ++ 14 functions, and preliminary support for some functions in the C ++ 17 standard. Note that the compiler still lacks some functions in the C ++ 11 and C ++ 98 standards. Visual Studio 2017 allows/sdl and/await to be used together.
This version provides several improvements in optimization and code generation. Some notable improvements include:
●Improved Cyclic code generation:Supports auto-vectorized constant Integer Division to better identify memset Modes
●Improved code security:Improved buffer overflow, And/guard: cf now protects switch statements that generate jump tables
●When a collaboration routine is used, the Experimental keyword "yield" is deleted.Your code should be updated to "co_yield ".
C ++ Library
● [STL] basic_string Performance Improvement
● Added <any>, <string_view>, apply (), make_from_tuple () to [STL ()
● [STL] std: vector has made significant improvements in correctness and performance.
● [STL] The STL now prevents The reference of null curly brackets
● <Optional>, <variant>, shared_ptr: weak_type, and <cstdalign> are added to [STL.
● [STL] For a complete list of STL improvements, see the Visual C ++ team blog.
● Visual Studio 2017 community edition (free IDE for students, open-source developers, and individual developers)
Https://www.visualstudio.com/thank-you-downloading-visual-studio? Sku = Community & rel = 15
● Visual Studio 2017 Professional Edition (applicable to professional developer tools, services, and subscription rights for small teams)
Https://www.visualstudio.com/thank-you-downloading-visual-studio? Sku = Professional & rel = 15
● Visual Studio 2017 Enterprise Edition (end-to-end solutions of quality and scale meeting the requirements of all teams of the size)
Https://www.visualstudio.com/thank-you-downloading-visual-studio? Sku = Enterprise & rel = 15
Start building with 50+ products and up to 12 months usage for Elastic Compute Service