You tried to edit an organization chart in an Office 2007 program. If the organization chart was created in an earlier version of Office, you may receive the following error message:
This object cannot be opened because the org chart add-in for Office programs is not installed. To open the Office Setup dialog box and customize the installation, in Control Panel, double-click Add or Remove Programs. The organization chart is under PowerPoint.
This problem can occur if one of the following conditions is true:
• Use the Organization Chart 2.0 add-in to create an organization chart in an Office 2003 program or in an Office XP program.
• Use organization Chart 2.0 to create an organization chart in an Office 2000 program or in an earlier Office program.
To resolve this issue, install the organization chart add-in for the Microsoft Office program component. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Quit all 2007 Office programs.
2. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Add or Remove Programs.
3. Click the version of the 2007 Office program that you installed, and then click Change.
4. Click Add or Remove Features, and then click Continue.
5. On the Setup Options tab, expand Microsoft Office, and then expand Microsoft Office PowerPoint.
6. Click the icon next to organization Chart add-in for Microsoft Office programs, and then click Run from My Computer.
7. Click "Continue".
For more information about similar issues in Office 2003 and Office XP, and for more information about the Microsoft Organization Chart 2.0 add-in, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
826835 you receive an error when you try to edit a organization Chart 2.0 object that was created in an earlier version of Office.