Remove Legacy WIN8 Applications
WIN8 application installed directory on the system disk, the default path is C:Program Fileswindowsapps,Windowsapps folder even the administrator account does not have access to permissions, you can add the current administrator to obtain permissions (this will reduce system security , in order to ensure WIN8 application stability, do not make too many changes after obtaining the permission.
1. Go to c:program Files directory you will not find the Windowsapps folder, because this directory is hidden, view hidden files as follows: Ribbon menu View >> [tick] hidden items
2. Get permission for this folder, this step is important please be sure to follow the steps.
(1) Right-click Windowsapps Folder-Properties-security-advanced
(2) Default in the owner will show the current owner can not display, click on the following changes, add your current account name, OK.
(Note: The account name to be entered is the name that was entered when the system was installed, and the computer--right----management--Local Users and groups--users--did you see that there was a name you set for yourself, that's it! is the name, not the full name. (Recommended to read this article) or the following figure, click Advanced-Immediately view-from below to find out what you set the username, if you are Microsoft ID login, that is the Microsoft Username + email address that, select that on the line!
(3) After the owner will appear after your account name, tick the replacement sub container below and the owner of the object , and then click on the confirmation below, will carry out a period of authorization process.
3. After the authorization, you will be able to operate the folder, open the folder you will find a duplicate directory (if you have updated the application), but the later version number is different.
The next thing to do is, hold down CTRL to select more, delete the old version, if you can see the modified date, suggest first put to the Recycle Bin , and then see whether the application can open normally, do not delete the wrong, or you will uninstall the application to the application store installed.
Another:64-bit system Some applications will also appear x86 and x64 directory, should be kept do not confuse the
And these folders are very important, do not rise to the x86 of the whole deleted, the consequences we do not know, you can try O (∩_∩) O.
At this point, Win8 redundant application of the elimination of the rest, it is best not to do other changes ~
Clean up the WIN8 application cache
WIN8 applies the cache directory and the settings directory is saved under the User folder, the default path is c:users[account name]appdatalocalpackages, system variable is%localappdata%packages
Application caching in the directory of the corresponding WIN8 application of the AC folder , there are generally three folders: Inetinetcookies,inetcache and history, to clean up the three brothers.
Remember:Packages and subdirectory files can not be deleted arbitrarily!!! Once you delete other files that are not cached, all applications will flash back and you can only re-establish new accounts or reload the system!
I don't know if the system cleans up the application cache regularly, but it frees up a lot of space for every cleanup, especially after watching the video.
1. cache folders are system protected, to see the "Hide protected operating system files" check must be canceled, the following actions:
Ribbon menu View >> options >> view >> [uncheck] Hide protected operating system files & [check] shows hidden files, and then you can see the cached folder.
2. Everything goes well, then you can view the cached folder in the AC subdirectory of the application directory
3. Of course, for the convenience of deletion, you can directly in the packages directory search INet , and then select All, delete, this can be deleted without scruple.
Delete must pay attention to first "transfer elsewhere", must not be cruel to "permanently delete." Leave a path for yourself.
return Windowsapps permission
To go back to the original permission, in fact, do not know the maple is the first permission, in the altar friend Pianaiw Help, finally found a way, thank you here. Now the program is provided to everyone, if you have any questions please point out immediately, thank you!
1. Enter the advanced interface of security option, click the owner to change, enter NT Servicetrustedinstaller, can add TrustedInstaller account.
(Note: win8e.com 800 million network of the author today when the right to return the first error, so again the operation of a return permission, only successful, in order to verify, repeat the operation again.) Finally relieved, because many students very reckless move this permission after the store to hang up, have to sad urge to reload, so we must also pay attention to the operation, in the removal of the file that step also have to be very careful not to delete a permanent. )
2. Then check the replacement sub container and the owner of the object below, and delete the current account , then click OK, the folder will be re authorized, the authorization will return to the default permissions.
(Note: This step can be clicked to select the Admin user just added click Output, and then to check the replacement child container that, the last point to determine.) )
3. OK, Win8 application folder blocked again ~
Basically use WIN8 for a period of time, through the above processing, your system disk will release hundreds of megabytes of space, if there are a large number of applications and frequent use can release a few g! so WIN8 application is very space Ah!