1. Open the Word 2007 document window and select the table where you want to insert the caption. Click the Insert Caption button in the captions group in the reference Ribbon.
2. Open the Word 2007 Caption dialog box, and the words "Form 1" will appear automatically in the caption edit box, and the user can then enter the name of the selected form. Then click the Number button.
3. In the open Word 2007 Caption Number dialog box, click the Format Drop-down triangle button to select the appropriate numbering format. If you select the Include chapter number check box, the chapter number appears in the label, and when you are finished, click OK.
4. Return to Word 2007 Caption dialog box, if you select the don't include labels in captions check box, the word "table" is not displayed in the table caption, and the table name is explicitly numbered and entered by the user. Click the position drop-down Triangle button, where you can select top or bottom of selected items in the list of locations. Set Finish Click OK.
5. The inserted Word 2007 table caption defaults to the top left of the table, and the user can set the alignment.