1. Connect the switch console port with the computer serial port 1 with the control line, and connect with the Super Terminal software with Xmodem function;
2. Set the connection mode for the serial port 1 (if the connection is another serial port on the selection of other serial port), rate 9600, no check, no flow control, stop bit 1 (or restore default settings)
3. Connect the device, Super Terminal return appears the switch without iOS interface, the prompt is: switch:
4. Unplug the power cord after the switch
5. Hold down the mode key on the left side of the switch front board, and plug in the power supply for the switch; when the Ethernet port indicator on the switch panel is lit or the switch's several system LEDs are illuminated steady and loosened;
6. Enter the copy instruction in command line mode:
The following prompts appear:
The system prompts the letter "C" to start transmitting the file.
7. Click on the Super Terminal menu: Send the file, select Xmodem or 1KXmodem protocol in the Protocol option, then select the iOS image file (*.bin) to start the transmission;
(slow speed takes some time)
After the transfer is completed prompt:
File "Xmodem:" Successfullycopiedto "Flash:c3550-ipservicesk9-mz.122-25.see1.bin"
8. Enter at prompt
Switch:boot (Enable the new iOS system)
9. Re-power and complete this recovery