Install the Nvidia graphics card driver manually under Ubuntu13.04. 1. download the latest nVidia driver named NVIDIA. run. Http://www.nvidia.com/page/drivers.html2.edit blacklist.conf. Add and save the following parts to sudogedit/etc/modprobe. d/blacklist. conf: blacklistvga16f
Install the Nvidia graphics card driver manually in Ubuntu 13.04.
1. download the latest nVidia driver named NVIDIA. run. Http://www.nvidia.com/page/drivers.html
2. Edit blacklist. conf.
Sudo gedit/etc/modprobe. d/blacklist. conf
Add and save the following parts:
(There is a line of space here)
3. Delete the previously installed nVidia driver.
Sudo apt-get remove -- purge nvidia-* (Clean Up required)
Sudo apt-get remove -- purge xserver-xorg-video-nouveau
4. Restart your computer.
5. Press Ctrl + Alt + F1 to go to the first Console (+ F7 is back to xservers ).
6. After Entering the user name and password, log on and run the command (numbers cannot be entered on a keypad ):
Sudo/etc/init. d/TPD stop or
Sudo/etc/init. d/lightdm stop
7. Enter the driver folder and install the driver.
Sudo sh NVIDIA. run
Error: the distribution-provided pre-install script failed! Ignore this and continue the installation;
8. Start the target instance:
Sudo/etc/init. d/TPD restart or
Sudo/etc/init. d/lightdm restart
9. Restart your computer.
10. The video card options in the details may be unknown. You can use the following methods:
Sudo apt-get install mesa-utils
I have also encountered another situation, and I will record it here.
At that time, an independent graphics card was added to the desktop. As a result, windows could recognize it normally, but Ubuntu would not work, so I had to reinstall Ubuntu.
However, after the video card is reinstalled, it cannot be identified and the screen is not highlighted, let alone the driver.
Finally, try again. The solution is to first install the system with an integrated graphics card, then go to the Ubuntu Software Center, search for nvidia, and install this:
Shut down, plug in the video card, and start it. log on to the system, and the video card can be used normally.
Ubuntu 13.04 dual graphics card installation nvidia gt 630M driver http://www.linuxidc.com/Linux/2013-05/84814.htm
Ubuntu 12.10 install NVIDIA official driver practice http://www.linuxidc.com/Linux/2012-12/77102.htm
For more information about Ubuntu, see Ubuntu special page http://www.linuxidc.com/topicnews.aspx? Tid = 2