A Free Trial That Lets You Build Big!
Start building with 50+ products and up to 12 months usage for Elastic Compute Service
I have been thinking about a question: what kind of human resource evaluation system should the ERP implementation consultant team use to implement it? Currently, many IT enterprises use the 3 P model, which is an HR system implemented from the perspective of corporate management. However, this system is often placed in the implementation of the Consultant Department, it will encounter many practical problems.
Problem 1: the ERP implementation consultant team has been using the salary raising + project bonus model for assessment. If a new performance evaluation system is adopted, how can we reflect the value of consultants in the project? Because the daily operation and project management of an enterprise are essentially differentiated, the performance evaluation system is more suitable for daily operation and has a relative management scope, however, in the project management system, this model depends on the contribution of the project implementation consultant, quantitative assessment of work, key performance node control, change of project participation cycle, and change of project cost and target.
Problem 2: The wage + project bonus model is positive incentives. Project bonuses are regarded as an incentive method with more work and more work. However, if the performance evaluation method is used, performance is also part of the salary. If the guidance is poor here, it is easy to be understood that the previous bonus has been canceled. If the evaluation is not good enough, part of the salary will be deducted, which may cause a rebound of employees.
Problem 3: The ability of ERP implementation consultants varies significantly in individual performance. If a performance evaluation system is used, how can we evaluate the individual with obvious differences?
Problem 4: the original project bonus is generated by the Project Manager based on the contributions of the team members and based on a negotiation process. To achieve the project goal, the team members will work hard. However, if the performance appraisal model is adopted, the performance is assessed by the department manager of the ERP consultant, not based on the project, but measured by time, this is out of line with the work of ERP implementation consultants. It is not worth the loss to achieve performance.
I just thought about the above several problems. As for the solution, I haven't figured out the solution yet. I first threw out the problem and thought about what to do. I also want to ask my friends who have read this article to give me an idea.
Reference: What is the 3 P Model of Human Resource Management?
The so-called 3 P model is composed of the Position evaluation system, the performance evaluation system and the pay administration system) A human resource management system composed of core content. The relationship between them is:
Evaluate the position based on the production and operation characteristics and strategic objectives of the enterprise, clarify the respective responsibilities of all employees, and design the work performance evaluation scheme and tools for human resources based on the enterprise's job evaluation results, all employees of the company should be assessed on a regular basis using these assessment plans and tools. Based on the performance appraisal results, design the salary and welfare and bonus payment schemes and tools. The Position evaluation system, performance evaluation system, and compensation management system are all organic links.
The organic connection between the three can fully reflect the principles of fair, reasonable, and scientific competition, emphasize the unity of individual efforts and unity and cooperation, and the unity of work remuneration and work rewards and punishments, the individual fate of employees is integrated with the fate of the company, and the actual work performance is valued without emphasizing qualifications. The quantitative evaluation and qualitative analysis are combined, and the performance appraisal and salary and rewards and punishments are mutually dependent, assessment is the objective basis for Personnel Decision-Making, and rewards and punishments are the results of assessment. This constitutes a complete, clear, and easy-to-operate human resource management system.
[Edit] position Evaluation System)
The Position System is a collection of tasks and responsibilities to be completed by employees of an enterprise and an objective requirement for achieving the strategic objectives of an enterprise. The establishment of the job evaluation system generally involves three processes:
1. Work Analysis
Work analysis is a system project that establishes the skills, responsibilities, and knowledge required to complete various jobs. It is the most basic human resource management function and also a basic technology, it aims to solve the following problems:
(1) what activities will employees complete? (What)
(2) When will the work be completed? (When)
(3) Where will the work be completed? (Where)
(4) How do employees complete this task? (How)
(5) Why should we complete this task? (Why)
(6) What are the requirements for completing the work? (Which)
2. Establish work instructions and work specifications
Form Work Instructions and work specifications based on relevant information in the work analysis. It should briefly describe what employees are expected to do, and specify exactly what employees should do, how they should do it, and under what circumstances, specifically, A work instruction is a document that provides the tasks, responsibilities, and responsibilities of a job. A work instruction is a document that provides the basic qualities of knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for a person to complete the work.
3. Work evaluation
Work evaluation is a systematic process that determines the relative value of a job and other work on the basis of work instructions and work specifications. It is also part of the economic compensation system. Work evaluation has the following functions:
(1) confirm the organizational structure
(2) fair and orderly connection between work rooms
(3) Develop a hierarchy of Work Value and establish a wage payment structure accordingly
(4) consistent work and salary within the enterprise
In an ever-changing work environment, an appropriate job evaluation system is crucial. Work analysis data mainly serves in the aspect of human resources planning. work norms are the criteria for recruitment and selection, and are also the basis for training and development. Performance evaluation should be carried out based on the responsibilities set forth in the employee completion work description, which is a benchmark for evaluating fairness. Work evaluation is the primary method to determine the internal fairness of compensation. In addition, the job evaluation information is also important to the labor relations of employees. When you consider upgrading, transferring, or demotion of employees, information obtained through job evaluation can often lead to more objective human resource management decisions.
[Edit] Performance Evaluation System (Performance Appraisal System)
The performance evaluation system is a formal system that regularly inspects and evaluates the performance of individuals or groups. Implementing performance evaluation may be the most difficult task in the field of human resource management. Creating an effective performance evaluation system should be a priority in human resource management.
The primary purpose of the evaluation system is to improve performance. A system with reasonable design and connection can help achieve organizational goals and improve employee performance, it also provides an analysis of the advantages and disadvantages of human resources in the Organization to arrange human resources plans. The performance evaluation level also contributes to the prediction of recruitment selection. In the validation selection test, the correct decision on the reliability of the selection test will depend on the accuracy of the evaluation results. At the same time, an evaluation system also helps determine the needs of staff training and development to make judgments and choices. It is particularly important that the performance evaluation results provide a reasonable decision basis for increasing compensation. A fair performance evaluation system is also a guarantee for fair salary increase incentives. In addition, performance evaluation data can also be used for internal employee relationship decision-making, such as motivation, improvement, degradation, promotion and transfer.
[Edit] pay administration system)
The compensation management system is a management system for the enterprise's wage level, wage structure, wage system, wage form, and salary and treatment. It aims to monitor whether they have achieved organizational and individual goals. Because Wage Management contains a lot of content, it is one of the most difficult and challenging areas of human resource management.
The primary task of the Wage Management System is fairness. To a large extent, enterprises can attract, motivate, and retain competent employees through their compensation mechanisms. Compensation must be fair to all relevant parties and should be perceived as fair. According to the characteristics of employee relations, internal salary equity may be more important, and work evaluation is the primary method of internal fairness. However, in order to maintain sustainable development, enterprises must put forward competitive wage levels in the labor market, so they must always consider external equity. How to deal with the contradiction between attracting talents and reducing costs is the focus and difficulty of the Wage Management System.
[Edit] evaluate the 3 P Model of Human Resource Management
Analyzing the 3 P management model, we found that this model captures the core technology of human resource management, which is easy to operate and practice, and reduces the cost of human resource management, it has undoubtedly played a pioneering role in the rapid transition from traditional personnel administration management to modern human resource management for small and medium-sized enterprises in China. However, with the drastic changes in the internal and external environments of enterprises, human resources are increasingly becoming the strategic resources rather than labor costs of enterprises, the role of human resource management begins to shift from Personnel Manager, operator to employee supporter, strategic partner, and enterprise change promoter. In this new situation, the advantages of the 3 P management mode also lie in its shortcomings.
1. in terms of concept, the 3 P human resource management model still refers to the human resource cost, and attaches too much importance to the technical and operational details of human resource management and the reduction of short-term labor costs, however, the role of human resource management in enterprise strategy, employee development, and organizational innovation is ignored. Therefore, if the 3 P management model is not theoretically mined or innovated, the value creation function of human resource management will not be available, it is impossible to realize the strategic transformation of the role of human resource manager and the strategic improvement of its position, thus impairing human resource management itself, which is not conducive to the dissemination and development of human resource management in China.
2. the 3 P management mode of human resources is based on the position of an enterprise. On this basis, performance appraisal and wage distribution are carried out, but the other important basis point opposite to the position of the enterprise is ignored. In fact, people and positions are two indispensable basis points in an enterprise. If the human resource management mode is only based on the position, the result is to find people by position, emphasize the transformation of people to adapt to the position, then the corresponding human resources management will not be involved and recognized by employees. We believe that people are both the implementers and participants of human resources policies and measures, and they need the fundamental innovation and transformation of management concepts by senior leaders, employees are the most important strategic assets of an enterprise, and training, development, compensation, and welfare are human investment rather than labor costs. It needs to be organized and implemented by middle-level managers and line managers across the company, human resource management is the responsibility of the Human Resources Department. It requires the active participation and cooperation of employees, human resource management is regarded as the process of career development and value-added, rather than the passive process of controlling, supervising and managing itself. Therefore, the selection of the human resource management model should be based on the enterprise's organizational structure, workflow, and responsibilities, at the same time, it must also be based on the quality, ability, behavior and attitude of enterprise employees.
3.The 3 P management mode seldom considers the relationship between human resource management and enterprise strategy. This mode arranges the three main modules of Human Resource Management in sequence, it does not use enterprise strategies to lead human resource management modules. At the same time, it simplifies the horizontal relationship between human resource management modules, it even missed some key links in human resource management in the new enterprise environment, such as employee training and career planning. According to the strategic human resource management perspective, human resource management must be vertically matched with the enterprise strategy, and the human resource management modules must be matched horizontally. This means that human resources must be centered around the enterprise strategy center. The human resources management module is not a time series relationship, but a matching relationship. It must be under the guidance of the enterprise strategy, based on the positions and people of an enterprise, coordinate and integrate the human resources management modules.
Start building with 50+ products and up to 12 months usage for Elastic Compute Service