The Chinese name is "Eric E-Mail", which was renamed by the RHMS Project. is a mail server solution for Red Hat (R) Enterprise Linux and CentOS design, a set of shell scripts that are used after the operating system is installed to quickly deploy a fully functional mail server solution. Iredmail Google Open Source address: http://code.google.com/p/iredmail/
Iredmail System Requirements
Iredmail installation requires a clean system environment, meaning that the server does not have components associated with iredmail, such as APACHE,MYSQL,OPENLDAP,POSTFIX,DOVECOT,AMAVISD. Otherwise it overwrites the original configuration file and even causes the Iredmail installation to fail.
In order to install Iredmail, you need to meet the following two conditions:
1, a clean system, such as the Rhel,centos,scientific Linux system.
2, not less than 512MB of memory.
1. Set a fully qualified domain name (FQDN) host name
Execute command hostname-f to view the current host name:
- $ hostname-f
In Rhel/centos/scientific Linux system, setting hostname is usually changed to the following two files
/etc/sysconfig/network host name settings.
/etc/hosts hostname resolution, need to put in the first bit.
2. Activate the Yum Software Library to install the new package
CentOS System software Library configuration file in the/etc/yum.repos.d/directory, the suffix is. Repo, open these files, if it contains "enabled=1", indicates that it has been activated.
3, download the latest release of Iredmail
Download here: http://code.google.com/p/iredmail/wiki/Download?tm=2
Unpack the package:
- # cd/root/
- # tar XJF iredmail-x.y.z.tar.bz2
Start installing Iredmail
If the server is in China, because the domain name is wall, need to open file/root/iredmail-x.y.z/pkgs/get_all.sh, find iredmail.org Replace with 184.108.40.206.
- # cd/root/iredmail-x.y.z/
- # bash iredmail.sh
Here is the installation:
1) Welcome to install the interface.
2) Specify the path to the storage mailbox, which is/var/vmail/by default.
3) Select the backend of your storage account and select the one you are familiar with. You can then iredadmin manage your account.
4) If the backend selected is OpenLDAP, then two questions will be asked.
4.1) LDAP suffix
4.2) LDAP Password
5) Set the MySQL root password
6) Set your first email domain name
7) Set the mailbox management address
8) Set the mailbox admin password
9) Set the mailbox user password
10) Select optional components to install
11) Set the default language
After answering these questions, the installer asks if you want to start the installation and enter Y.
Important things to know after installation is complete
1, read/root/iredmail-x.y.z/iredmail.tips, it contains some information related to Iredmail
2. Set up DNS records for SPF Http://code.google.com/p/iredmail/wiki/DNS_SPF
3. Set up DNS records for DKIM Http://code.google.com/p/iredmail/wiki/DNS_DKIM
Entrance to webmail and some other programs
Iredadmin (admin panel) httpS://your_server/iredadmin/
Awstatshttps://your_server/awstats/awstats.pl?config=web (or? config=smtp)
[Go] Author: Zhu Maohai centos Installation iredmail web mail server