Install the ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 desktop Antivirus software in Ubuntu 12.04
ESET NOD32 is a antivirus software designed by ESET. Founded in 1992, ESET is a global security software company that provides services for enterprises and individual consumers. The award-winning flagship product NOD32 provides real-time protection against known and unknown viruses, SPYWARE (SPYWARE), and other programs that threaten user systems.
Install the ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 for Linux anti-virus software in Ubuntu
Download and install the Linux desktop version of ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4. follow these steps:
I. Download the Linux desktop version of ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4
32-bit download link 64-bit download link
- Click the link above to download the Linux desktop version of ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4.
- Click Save file to the desktop. After the download is completed, go to the desktop of the system (or you can download the file to another location ).
II. Install the Linux release version supported by the Linux desktop version of ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4
ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 Linux Desktop supports the following release systems: Red Hat, Mandriva, SUSE, Debian, Ubuntu (updated Ubuntu 12.10) and Fedora (32-bit t ). most release systems require the root account for installation. some require initialization or installation package initialization.
To manually set permissions, enter the following command and press enter:
chmod +x eset_nod32av_64bit_en_.linux
- Double-click the installer file. If you are already an ordinary user, you may need to switch to the sudo administrator account.
- In the pop-up ESET NOD32 Antivirus Setup window, click Next.
- In the Important Information window that appears, click Next.
- In the Next window, click I accept the terms in the License Agreement to agree to the ESET NOD32 Antivirus License protocol. Click Next to continue.
- In the Next window, select Installation Mode and classic Typical. Click Next to continue.
If you choose Custom installation Custom, you can see other advanced installation settings, such as proxy and permission setting users. If you choose classic Typical (recommended) these advanced settings can be set after installation.
- In the pop-up ThreatSense. Net Early Warning System window, select EnableThreatSense. Net Early Warning System and click Continue Next.
- Click Next in the Special application Special Applications window.
- Next, prepare to Install Ready to Install and click Continue to Install.
- After the ESET NOD32 Antivirus Wizard is decompressed, click Finish to complete the installation.
- After the installation is complete, restart the system. If you are prompted to restart the system, click "Yes.
If the tray icon does not appear in Ubuntu14, run the following command:sudo apt-get install libappindicator1III. Activate the Linux desktop version of SET NOD32 Antivirus
- After the system restarts, the software will pop up the window that requires you to enter the Activation code Product Activation, and then select to Activate using a Username and Password with the user name and Password and continue Next.
If the software is not started, what should I do if the ESET NOD32 Antivirus product is not restarted after you restart it? Then manually execute Applications → System Tools → ESET NOD32 Antivirus. Of course, you can also use the command to open it:
- Enter the activation code username and password and Click Activate.
About activating usernames and passwords
Remember your username and password:
- User name and password size Problems
- Pay attention to some special connector issues with user names
- The password is 10 characters in lowercase.
- If you are using copy and paste, do not have spaces
- The password does not contain L (Instead, it uses the number 1)
- Distinguish 0 from o
- After you enter the active user name and password, the software automatically updates the verification database.