- ConfigurationEnterprise Symantec NortonNT operating system,IIS has been installed
InstallSymantec Norton 10
- Install System Center
Figure 1 install the Administrator tool
Figure 2 install Symantec System Center
Figure 3 install Symantec System Center according to the wizard
Figure 4 select the installation path
Figure 5 is configured and installation starts.
Figure 6 restart the computer after installation
- Install the central isolation zone ---Purpose: To send an unknown virus directly to Symantec through the central isolation zoneVirus Information Center. (Optional)
Figure 7 if you select Internet-based, you also need to configure gateway and other information
Chart 8 does not need to be restarted
- Install the Quarantine Console--Purpose:
- Install Liveupdate
Figure 9 select the installation path
- Install Symantec Norton 10 Server
Chart 10 select update for upgrade
Figure 11 multiple servers can be installed simultaneously when installing server components
Figure 12 create a antivirus server group
Figure 13 custom Password
Figure 14 Restart the server after installing the server
- Configure Symantec Norton 10
Chart 15 start Symantec System Center
Figure 16 select an anti-virus server as the primary server
- Install and configure the Anti-Virus Client
- Remote Installation Client installation via CD
Figure 17 Add the client to the corresponding server to receive the management of this anti-virus server
- Install on the console (remote)
In Figure 18, select tool> NT Client installation to install the client remotely.
- Install a client on a webpage
- Copy the WebInst directory under the CD directory to the relevant directory
- Note: Use the webside method to install clientand modify the sart.htm file.
- For details, see the following documents:
- How to use IIS 4.x or 5.x to install Symantec AntiVirus Enterprise Edition 8.x for Web-based Deployment
- This document explains how to use Internet Service Manager (IIS) 4.x or 5.x to install Symantec AntiVirus Enterprise Edition 8.x (Symantec AV) for Web-based deployment ).
- Install Symantec AV for Web-based Deployment
- Perform one of the following operations to start the Internet Service Manager:
- If you are running IIS 4.0, click Start> program> Windows NT 4.0 Option Pack> Microsoft Internet Information Server> Internet Service Manager.
- If you are running IIS 5.0, click Start> program> Administrative Tools> Internet Service Manager ".
- Double-click the Web Server icon.
- Right-click "Default Web site" and choose "New"> "virtual directory"> "Next ".
- In the "alias" text box, type the directory name (for example, clientinstall) and click "Next ".
- Select the installation location of Symantec AntiVirus on the server, and then select the \ Program Files \ SAV \ clt-inst \ WEBINST folder (C: \ Program Files \ SAV \ is the default installation path ).
- Click "Next ".
- Only the read permission is assigned.
- Right-click the Web-based installation of the corresponding new virtual directory, and select "properties ".
- Under the "virtual directory" tab, change "execution permission" to "NONE", and then click "OK ".
- Perform one of the following operations:
- For IIS 4.0, click Finish ".
- For IIS 5.0, click "Next"> "finish ".
- For Windows installation, use a text editor (such as NotePad) to edit Start.htm in the \ Program Files \ SAV \ clt-inst \ WEBINST folder on the server. The method is as follows:
- Replace ENTER_SERVER_NAME with the Web server name or IP address.
- Replace ENTER_VIRTUAL_HOMEDIRECTORY_NAME with the name of the created virtual home directory (for example, clientinstall.
- <Param name = "ServerName" value = "computer name or ip address">
- <Param name = "VirtualHomeDirectory" value = "clientinstall">
- Modify Files. ini in the \ SAV \ Clt-inst \ webinst \ folder.
- In the [General] section, perform the following operations:
- Change the value of FileCount = to 2 and delete the semicolon.
- Add “setup.exe to LaunchApplication =.
- Add "InstallOption =/qb" or "InstallOption =/qn" to the row after launch launchapplication=setup.exe ".
- In the [Files] section, perform the following operations:
- Add “setup.exe to File1 = line.
- Add "grc. dat" to Files2 =, and delete the semicolon.
- Files. ini should be similar:
- FileCount = 2
- InstallOption =/qb
- File2 = grc. dat
- -To use the following installation conversion Parameter options, add InstallOptions = and one or more of the following conversion parameters to the [General] section.
- Enable Logging:/l: <log file>
- Log record details:/v: <0, 1, or 2>
- For example:
- InstallOptions =/qn/l: <Log File Name and path>/v: 2
- -Some IIS configurations require renaming the. ini file to the. txt extension. For more information, see the document: Error: "An error occurred while downloading http: // <servername>/<virtual_directory_name>/files. ini. Terminating the file download process. Please report this issue to your system administrator ." (English)
- Install the Setup.exe file from the \ Program Files \ SAV \ Clt-inst \ Win32 folder (for Symantec AV clients that are managed) copy to \ Program Files \ SAV \ Clt-inst \ WEBINST \ webinst \ folder.
- Copy the grc. dat file from the \ Program Files \ SAV \ Clt-inst \ Win32 folder to the \ Program Files \ SAV \ Clt-inst \ WEBINST \ webinst \ folder.
- Notify users to download Symantec AntiVirus Enterprise Edition:
- To notify users, send an email to download the Web-based Deployment Guide of the Symantec AV client. In the mail message, include the URL pointing to the Client installation, as shown below:
- Http: // <SERVER_NAME>/clientinstall/
- Description of each element in the URL:
- "Http: // SERVER_NAME/VIRTUAL_HOME_DIRECTORY /"
- SERVER_NAME is the name of a Web-based server.
- VIRTUAL_HOME_DIRECTORY is the name of the alias you created, such as clientinstall.
- Precautions for client users
- To download the client installer, you must install Internet Explorer 4.0 or later on your computer. You must set the security level of Internet Explorer on the local Intranet to "intermediate" to be able to download the Symantec ActiveX control to the client. After the installation is complete, you can restore the security level to its original settings.
- Make sure that you have local administrator permissions for the product to be installed. For example, to install the Symantec AntiVirus Enterprise Edition 8.x client, users installed on Windows NT/2000/XP must log on as local administrators.
- If your installation package restarts the client at the end of installation, you should notify the user to save their work and close their applications before the installation starts. For example, the installation of a silent client on Windows 98 may automatically restart the computer at the end of installation Based on the package created using Symantec Packager.
- Use the shared directory to install the client
- Shared path: \ servername \ vphome \ CLT-INST \ win32 \ setup.exe
- Install the client as prompted
- Create a Silent Installation Package
- Configure Symantec Norton 10
- You can configure the following information (common options) in the system center ):
- View related logs and export reports using logs
- "Scheduling scan"
- Server force scan time
- Client forced scan time
- Automatic client protection options
- Dedicated client administrator options
- Configuration management client
- After the installation is complete, the client flag is configured by default and does not appear
Figure 19 click "display Symantec Antivirus icon on the desktop"
- Manage client Anti-Virus
- File System-Anti-Virus
Suggestion: "macro virus" ----- "Operation --- clear virus in file"
"Non-macro virus" ------ "operations-delete files"
- Other configurations are similar to "File System" settings.
- In the "Internet E-mail" configuration, "heuristic combat worm monitoring"
- Precautions after completing all configurations
- During communication between the Symantec Norton server and the client, the server and the client need to enable the default shared "C $"/"Admin $"
- Both parties can Ping the host name. If the host name cannot be pinged, modify the Hosts record.
- If the client operating system is Windows XP Home, the client cannot be installed in the receiving and management mode.
- If you install the client in the "do not receive management" mode and then want to receive management, you need to manage the GRC. DAT file on the server.
Copy the GRC. DAT file to Documents and Settings \ All Users \ Symantec AntiVirus illegal ate Edition \ 7.5 and restart the client.
GRC. DAT file: \ servername \ vphome \ cli-inst \ win32
- If the client cannot find the server or the server name (IP) address is changed, you must copy the GRC. DAT file to the relevant path of the client.
- When the client and server are installed, the default share cannot be disabled on the client. If the firewall is installed, disable it first.
From: Li chenguang blog