Developer on Alibaba Coud: Build your first app with APIs, SDKs, and tutorials on the Alibaba Cloud. Read more ＞
1. Stop the DNS service.
2. Open the Regedit program to find the key Hkey_local_machine\system\currentcontrolset\services\dns.
3. Right-click the DNS folder and select Export. Name the file dns1 and press ENTER.
4. Now locate the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\DNS Server.
5. Right-click the DNS server folder and select the Export command. Name the file dns2 and press ENTER.
In the previous steps we created two note table files, called Dns1.reg and Dns2.reg respectively. Save them to mobile storage or to other media that are not on this server.
Open the folder \windows\system32\dns and copy all of the suffix. dns files. Also saved to the media where you store the. reg file. Now that you have completed the backup, restart the DNS service.
Recovery of DNS
If your DNS server fails, then you can quickly find another machine to replace it, set the steps as follows:
1. Establish a Server2003 system. Give it the same name as the replacement machine, using the same DNS suffix and IP address.
2. Install the DNS service in its system.
3. Deactivate the DNS service.
4. Copy all files with the suffix. DNS to the \windows\system32\dns folder of this machine.
5. Find the two files with the suffix. Reg. Double-click them, one at a time, and confirm that you want to install them in the registry.
6. Restart the DNS service.
Now you have a replacement system for the original DNS server. Remember, if you just want to transfer the primary server role from one machine to another, just copy the *.dns file to the target computer, and then run the New Zone Wizard and tell it you already have a zone file.
This article is an English version of an article which is originally in the Chinese language on aliyun.com and is provided for information purposes only. This website makes no representation or warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness ownership or
reliability of the article or any translations thereof. If you have any concerns or complaints relating to the article, please send an email, providing a detailed description of the concern or
complaint, to email@example.com. A staff member will contact you within 5 working days. Once verified, infringing content will be removed immediately.
The content source of this page is from Internet, which doesn't represent Alibaba Cloud's opinion;
products and services mentioned on that page don't have any relationship with Alibaba Cloud. If the
content of the page makes you feel confusing, please write us an email, we will handle the problem
within 5 days after receiving your email.
If you find any instances of plagiarism from the community, please send an email to:
and provide relevant evidence. A staff member will contact you within 5 working days.