For example Same Code Yes Program Testing Report and quality report are one of the main achievements of testers. A good test report is based on correct and sufficient test results. It not only provides the actual data of necessary test results, but also analyzes the results, identifies the nature of problems in the product and accurately evaluates the product quality.
1. Defect Analysis
Analyze the defects to determine whether the test has reached the final criteria, that is, to determine whether the test has reached the user's acceptable status. Defects should be evaluated according to the analysis standards set in the defect analysis strategy. The most common defect analysis methods include:
- The defect distribution report allows the defect count to be displayed as a function of one or more defect parameters to generate the number of defects and the function of the defect attribute, for example, the horizontal distribution of defects in the program module and the distribution of serious defects on different causes.
- The defect trend report shows the defect count as a function of time by various States, such as the time distribution of the number of defects throughout the test cycle. Trend reports can be cumulative or non-cumulative, and the trend of defect growth and reduction can be seen;
- Defect age report is a special type of Defect Distribution report that shows the time when a defect is active and the duration of a defect in a certain state, to understand the progress of processing these defects.
- The test result progress report displays the execution results and test cycles of the test process in several versions of the application under test, and the execution results of the test process after several iterations and test life cycles of the application.
At the same time, you can perform Defect Analysis after the project ends to improve the development and testing processes, such:
- By analyzing the trend of defects (detected every day or every week), you can understand the testing efficiency. You can also understand the quality of testing based on the number of missing bugs and the total number of bugs found. You can calculate the number of test cases and test time required for each detected bug based on the total number of test cases executed, and compare and analyze different stages and modules.
- Through the number of defects or the distribution of modules, you can master the quality of the program code. For example, you can analyze the number of bugs contained in each thousand lines of code to understand the quality of the program code. Analyzes the capability or status of the development team to resolve bugs Through the trend of defects (corrected or closed every day)
2. Overall Product Quality Analysis
Organize, summarize, and analyze the test results. Generally, the results are analyzed and expressed by means of Excel files, databases, histograms, pie charts, and trend charts, the main methods include comparative analysis, root cause (root cause) search, problem classification, and trend (Time Series) analysis.
- Comparative analysis: the software compares the test results with the standard output, because some output content may not be directly compared (for example, the record of the running date and time, processes the running path and version data of the test object using a program.
- Root Cause (root cause) lookup. "analysis" is used to locate the inconsistencies and identify the possible causes of the error.
- Problem classification: "classification" includes various statistical items, such as the location of the corresponding source program, the severity levels of errors (prompts, warnings, non-invalidation errors, and invalidation errors), and newly discovered errors that have been recorded.
- Trend (Time Series) Analysis: analyzes the historical data of Software defects to predict future conditions.
- Other statistical analysis: classifies defects and analyzes existing data using mature statistical methods to understand the main problems or causes of problems in software development, this makes it easier to improve the software quality.
, please read the next decomposition: 28th back software testing process and quality measurement
copyright, software testing
-- the directory of the series discussion, see: Software Testing romance-intermediate and intermediate series (sequence)