Developer on Alibaba Coud: Build your first app with APIs, SDKs, and tutorials on the Alibaba Cloud. Read more ＞
Install Veritas Cluster Server Objectives:
Install with Veritas Installer
The configuration file is created during installation.
View and run VCs configurations
Install Cluster Manager Java Console
Install with Veritas Installer Recommended for VCs installation:
1. Perform a platform check to ensure that the requirements are met
2. Make sure you have added a product license
3. Run the installer file from the CD mount point directory
4. Run the installvcs Program
5. log user input and program output to the file:/opt/vrts/install/logs
Check the Installation Log:
1. A log contains any system command execution and their output
2. A response file uses the "-responsefile" option to connect to CPI
3. A summary file containing the Veritas installation script output
Installvcs Program This program is used to automatically install and configure a cluster through CPI. If remote root access is allowed, install and configure all cluster systems in the installation process specified by you.
It will execute some high-level jobs:
1. Install the VCs packsge on all the systems in the cluster.
2. Configure the cluster interconnect connection.
3. Bring up a cluster without any reference services
Options supported by installvcs:
1. Unattended Installation
2. You do not need to configure a cluster to install the software package.
3. Install VCs on a reliable platform
4. Update an existing VCs Cluster
For more options, see Veritas Cluster Server Installation Guide.
Install VCs automatically Start installation (starting the installation)
1. Log On As root
2. Run./installvcs or./installer.
3. the program verifies the communication, ssh, or rsh specified by you. If RSH is found, the program confirms that SSH is set up for operation and does not require a password or a password to authorize VCs (Licensing VCs)
This installer will verify the license status for each system. If you find that you can use or enter a new license
If you do not have a license, or you want to add a new license, enter the Cluster)
After the license is added, the installer will:
1. display the list of VCs packages to be installed
2. check whether any VCs package is installed currently.
3. Check whether sufficient disk space is available.
4. Stop any VCs processes that may be running
After the check is complete, the installer will ask you to configure VCs. If necessary, enter as prompted:
1. Name of a cluster, start character (a-Z, A-Z)
2. Unique cluster-ID number (0-255)
Note: Avoid using 0 because this is pre-set and will lead to conflicting cluster numbers. If other clusters are added, use pre-set. All clusters share the private network infrastructure. A unique ID must be provided to configure the cluster connection)
After you enter the cluster-ID number, the installer will find and list all NICs on the first system to allow you to configure the private network interface.
NOTE: With VCs, you can configure more than two Ethernet connections and low-level network connections. A low-level network connection is a private connection that is only used when no status information is available for less-frequent heartbeat communication.
If you use the same Nic for private heartbeat connection to all systems, installvcs automatically configures a set of interfaces for cluster interconnect.
If you use different interfaces, enter n to configure the Web console when prompted)
The requirements are as follows:
1. A public Nic is used on each system
2. A virtual IP address and subnet mask for Cluster Manager
Create a configuration file through the installvcs program: Communication LlT configuration file
-- Set the System ID
-- Set cluster-ID
-- Specify the name of a network device for a private network
-- Modify the llT status, for example, heartbeat frequency
Lists the host name of each cluster system and its communication llT node ID number. This file is the same in all cluster systems.
Gab configuration file
1. specify the number of system members in the cluster and start gab
Cluster configuration file /Etc/vrtsvcs/CONF/config/types. cf
The installvcs program modifies the main. cf file to configure the clsuterservice Service Group, including those resources that are used to managing Web-Based Cluster Manager (Web Console) to view the running VCs configuration.
List Installed Veritas packages
# Pkginfo | grep vrts
View llT status:
View the GAB status:
View the VCs status:
Log on to the VCs Web Console
Http: // ip_address: 8181/VCs
I/O fencing considerations In cluster, we recommend that you protect shared storage.
Configure fencing after initializing the VCs installation, if:
-Your shared storage supports SCSI-3
-You have installed a version 4.0 or later.
-You are using volume manager 4.0 or later
You can configure fencing at any time, but if you establish fencing after you have a service group running, you must stop and restart the Service Group to make fencing take effect. Install Cluster Manager Java GUI from: http://hi.baidu.com/nitar/blog/item/df90850967c50e3ce82488ae.html
This article is an English version of an article which is originally in the Chinese language on aliyun.com and is provided for information purposes only. This website makes no representation or warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness ownership or
reliability of the article or any translations thereof. If you have any concerns or complaints relating to the article, please send an email, providing a detailed description of the concern or
complaint, to email@example.com. A staff member will contact you within 5 working days. Once verified, infringing content will be removed immediately.
The content source of this page is from Internet, which doesn't represent Alibaba Cloud's opinion;
products and services mentioned on that page don't have any relationship with Alibaba Cloud. If the
content of the page makes you feel confusing, please write us an email, we will handle the problem
within 5 days after receiving your email.
If you find any instances of plagiarism from the community, please send an email to:
and provide relevant evidence. A staff member will contact you within 5 working days.