Log on to the remote SQL Server
Check whether the IP address of the ping server can be pinged.
This is to see whether the physical connection to the remote SQL Server 2000 Server exists. If not, check the network and check the configuration. Make sure that the IP address of the Remote SQL Server 2000 Server is correctly spelled.
2. Enter the IP port of the Telnet server in DOS or command line to check whether the port can be connected.
For example, Telnet 184.108.40.206 1433
The port value is usually 1433, because 1433 is the default listening port of SQL Server 2000 for TCP/IP. If there is a problem, this step usually has a problem. The common prompt is "... Unable to open the connection, connection failed ".
If there is a problem with this step, check the following options.
1. Check whether the remote server has started the SQL Server 2000 Service. If not, start.
2. Check whether the TCP/IP protocol is enabled on the server. This Protocol is required for remote connection (over the Internet. The check method is to open the Start menu on the server> program> Microsoft SQL Server> server network utility to check whether the enabled protocol contains the TCP/IP protocol. If not, enable it.
3. Check whether the server's TCP/IP Port is configured as port 1433. Check the TCP/IP attribute in the enabled protocol in the server network utility to make sure that the default port is 1433 and the check box of the hidden server is not checked.
In fact, it is acceptable if the default port is modified. However, when the client performs a telnet test, the server port number must be consistent with the port number configured on the server. If the "Hide server" check box is selected, it means that the client cannot see this server by enumerating the server, which protects the server but does not affect the connection, however, the default port of TCP/IP protocol is implicitly modified to 2433, which must be changed when the client is connected.
4. If the operating system on the server has been patched with SP2, you must configure Windows Firewall and open port 1433 to it, you can usually turn off the Windows Firewall directly during testing (Other firewalls are also the best ).
5. Check whether the server listens on port 1433. If the server does not listen on port 1433 of the TCP connection, it cannot be connected. The check method is to input
Netstat-a-n or netstat-An. check whether there are items similar to TCP 127.0.0.1 1433 listening in the result list. If not, you usually need to patch SQL Server 2000 with at least SP3. In fact, start the query analyzer on the server and enter select @ version to execute it. The version number must be patched for versions earlier than 8.0.2039.
If there is no problem above, then you can perform the telnet server IP 1433 test. The screen will flash and the cursor will not stop flashing in the upper left corner. Congratulations, you can start to connect to the Enterprise Manager or query analyzer immediately.
3. Check client settings
Program> Microsoft SQL Server> client network tools. Make sure that the client TCP/IP protocol is enabled, as in the server network utility, and the default port is 1433 (or other ports, consistent with the server ).
4. In the Enterprise Manager or query the analyzer connection test
Enterprise Manager-> right-click sqlserver group-> Create sqlserver registration-> next-> Write Remote IP-> next-> select sqlserver login-> next-> write login name and password (SA, password)-> next-> finish
Query analyzer-> file-> connection-> Write Remote IP-> write login name and password (SA, password)-> OK
It is usually recommended to do this in the query analyzer, because by default, the timeout setting for registering another SQL server through the Enterprise Manager is 4 seconds, and the query analyzer is 15 seconds.
Modify the default connection timeout method:
Enterprise Manager-> Tools-> options-> In the displayed "SQL Server Enterprise Manager properties" window, click the "advanced" tab-> connection settings-> logon timeout (seconds) enter a large number in the following box.
Query analyzer-> tool-> Option-> connection-> enter a large number in the box after logon timeout (seconds)
Generally, you can connect to IOT platform. If an error is prompted, proceed to the next step.
Five errors are usually caused by SQL Server's "Windows only" authentication method. Therefore, you cannot connect to SQL Server's Logon account (such as SA. The solution is as follows:
1. Use the enterprise manager on the server side and select "use Windows Authentication" to connect to SQL Server.
2. Expand "SQL Server group", right-click the name of the SQL Server server, select "properties", and then select the "Security" tab.
3. Under "authentication", select "SQL Server and Windows ".
4. Restart the SQL Server service. (In DoS or command line, net stop MSSQLServer to stop the service, and net start MSSQLServer to start the service, which is also a quick method ).
Note: When connecting to the local server, the named pipe protocol is usually used (this is enabled in the server network utility). The default port is 445, therefore, local connectivity cannot be explained. connecting to a remote server is a completely different protocol.