Actions on the server
(1) Login "Sqlplus Worksheet" as System user and SYSDBA, execute creategraduateuser.sql file creation user Graduateuser.
(2) Execute Createtablegraduateinfo.sql file creation data table Graduateuser.graduate_info.
(3) Execute Createtabledirectorinfo.sql file creation data table Graduateuser.director_info.
(4) Execute Createtablemajorinfo.sql file creation data table Graduateuser.major_info.
(5) Execute Createindexgraduate.sql file creation data table Graduateuser. The index of the name field of the Graduate_info.
(6) Execute Createindexdirector.sql file creation data table Graduateuser. The index of the name field of the Director_info.
(7) Execute Createviewgraduate.sql file creation data table Graduateuser. The Graduate_info view.
(8) Execute Createviewdirector.sql file creation data table Graduateuser. The Director_info view.
(9) Execute Createviewmajor.sql file creation data table Graduateuser. The Major_info view.
Actions on the client
(1) The Network Configuration assistant (NET Configuration Assistant) that invokes the Oracle 9i client on the client computer configures a "local network service name" that can connect to the database server, and the author is configured with the name Myoraclelink. This name can be arbitrarily taken.
(2) Create a system data source name in the client's control Panel/32-bit ODBC name, which must be graduatedb. Of course, if the reader to use their own name, can be in the VB Program module MODULE1 to make appropriate changes. The modified code is as follows.
' defines a parameterless function named ConnectString, which connects the database
Public Function connectstring () as String
ConnectString = "DSN=GRADUATEDB; Uid=graduateuser; pwd=12345678 "
Running programs on the client
(1) Copy the Graduate.exe file on the supporting CD to the client, and execute the file as shown in Figure 10.55.
(2) The "Add Professional Information" interface appears as shown in Figure 10.56.
(3) The prompt interface shown in Figure 10.57 appears after the successful addition of professional information.
(4) According to the same steps to add professional information data, so that the added professional data will be used for postgraduate information entry and tutorial information entry form use.
(5) The "Add Mentor Information" interface appears as shown in Figure 10.58.
(6) After the successful addition of mentor information, the interface shown in Figure 10.59 appears.
(7) Follow the same steps to add the tutor information data sequentially.
(8) The interface appears as shown in Figure 10.60.
(9) After the successful addition of postgraduate information appears as shown in Figure 10.61 interface, click the "OK" button.
(10) The "Revise Postgraduate Information" interface, as shown in Figure 10.62, appears.
(11) The "Inquiry Postgraduate Information" interface appears as shown in Figure 10.63.
(12) in Figure 10.55, the system main interface of the "menu bar" option "Exit system" options will exit the system.
(13) Other operating readers can learn by themselves, no longer repeat here.