The first part investigates and evaluates one, the bug analysis
1. Translation part of the original language testing section
1) Symptoms: When selecting the original language is Simplified Chinese, input English Query, the program does not error, continue to translate, choose other types of language is also the case. If this occurs, the Word control function in the translation results box fails.
2) Program error: Programmer does not consider this situation or control This function code does not work.
3) root cause: Do not see the code do not know ...
2. Font adjustment function
1) Symptoms: Translations and examples The default font size is too small to be seen from a little farther away. As shown, I think this ratio is unreasonable.
2) Program error: This should be a flaw, the development team did not consider the number of words can be set according to the font auto-adjustment function.
3) root cause: Ibid.
3. The word control function in the example sentence
1) Symptoms: In this sentence, there is a problem with the "a" control, should be corresponding to the Chinese "ministry".
2) Program error: Perhaps the data storage structure in the translation process is confusing.
3) root cause: The above error reason is only speculation, the root cause to be determined ...
4. Words in this section
The word is very thoughtful to give the option of whether to hide the interpretation, this option is meant to recite the words can first hide the interpretation, and then read the words after the interpretation, than the same as their own memory. However, in the case of hidden interpretation, if you click on the interpretation, the currently viewing word is squeezed to many pages (should be displayed after the click on the page is still the same number of words), so it is completely unable to achieve the intended purpose. See details: The first picture is hidden when the interpretation, the second picture is click to show the interpretation after.
Second, the user interview
1. Background and requirements:
Interviewed for my roommate Zhaoyae classmate, because to face all kinds of English level test so need to learn English, in addition to dictionary and usage, sometimes also used to recite words (mobile app)
2. User experience and comments:
1) in the app I love to speak English module settings are still more attractive, through a few tests, can be more accurate to determine whether the pronunciation of the standard. However, it is suggested that the specific aspects of the pronunciation should be pointed out after the recording is completed, which will help improve the spoken language. And if you just finish a few questions in the case of a direct exit will not keep the history, this design is unreasonable, because sometimes the use of oral English is a piecemeal time to practice a few sentences.
2) The purpose of Bing Radio is to improve the English listening ability, but sometimes the voice of the inexplicable app is gone, it should be a bug. Moreover, because the article is generally relatively long, if you want to understand all the more difficult, it is better to set a repeat cycle of AB function, so that can not understand the passage of repeated practice to improve listening.
3) dictionary function, basically the same as other dictionaries, the content is basically consistent. However, in the search for a word, first show English and Chinese, English and English after the interpretation of synonyms and antonyms, and finally the sentence. In the process of use, I found that the use of the sentence is significantly higher than synonyms antonyms and phrases, so it is suggested that the sentence part of the position ahead.
4) because sometimes in the hearing or the program movie heard a word, so can only rely on the feeling to give the spelling of the word, however, if a letter misspelled, because the dictionary is not the function of fuzzy query, so can not find this word, but this function many dictionaries are not.
3. Overall user evaluation: Generally, if the above aspects can be improved, it is more recommended.
Part Two analysis of software development
Take 8 hours a day and work 5 days a week to estimate the time required:
- Market research: Because of the wide variety of dictionary software on the market, do a lot of excellent, want to survive in such a fierce competition, it must be very complete market research, understand the different age stages of different identities of the people of the existing software dissatisfaction, so as to clarify their market positioning. Estimated time: 2 weeks of investigation, analysis and determination of market positioning for 2 weeks.
- Once the market positioning is identified, it is necessary to determine the functionality that the first version of the software needs to implement, the amount of work required to achieve these functions in general, and the data that is missing (such as the Dictionary database), the collection of reading information, the identification of the grouping of different functions, and the development of code standards and interfaces to be implemented. Estimated time: Around 1 weeks, if there are too many missing data, it may be completed in about 2 weeks.
- Write code, complete the basic functions of the software and debugging. Estimated time: Because there are only 6 team members, it is possible that each person participates in more than one feature of the code implementation, about a week to achieve a basic function, a total of about 2 weeks or so time.
- Conduct code testing within the development team to fix a subset of bugs. Estimated time: 0.5 weeks.
- UI, because of the professional UI support, so this aspect should be relatively simple. Estimated time: 1 weeks.
- Basically complete the work of software development, re-release the test version before the internal testing. Estimated time: 0.5 weeks.
- Release the first beta, invite friends of different ages to test, such as classmates, relatives, teachers, etc., to improve the parts that need improvement. Estimated time: If the previous market research and code testing is sufficient, this step will not encounter very large problems, can be completed in about 1 weeks.
- Release the official version.
The total time spent on software development is around 10 weeks (excluding the promotion, commissioning, and update phases after the software release is completed).
Second, the advantages and disadvantages of software and improvement
Since the development team is a student, and a large part of the consumer who uses the dictionary is also a student, the advantage of the software is that it is easier to discover what features are attractive to the student community. The disadvantage is that the development team is a student, and the number of small, there will inevitably be related problems, such as the thesaurus is not accurate enough to synchronize data (for example, Bing has the option to use OneDrive Sync Thesaurus).
In the software engineering phase can improve the part: Do more market research to understand the special needs of users, add more thoughtful and practical features, improve the UI interface, reward the discovery of bugs, encourage users to find more vulnerabilities and timely repair.
recommendations and Planning
First, the software improvement part
Since there are so many dictionary software types on the market, it is possible to win the competition only by designing features that have their own software features (such as very fast search terms, or the English letter matching feature mentioned below, or features designed for a particular crowd, such as the blind).
Second, innovative function design
1. Products already available on the market:
Youdao dictionary, Bing Dictionary, PowerWord, lingoes word bully, there are many web dictionaries (Baidu translation, Google translation, etc.).
2. Features of the design :
Provides auto-matching subtitles for local movies.
3. Why design This feature:
Whether it is a genuine or pirated movies, we generally see the Chinese subtitles (the original is more so), there are a few will be provided in English control subtitles, but in the actual process of watching the film, once there is a Chinese subtitle, a large extent will affect our efforts to listen to clear English dialogue, however, there is no subtitles at all Most of the time I don't understand what the film is saying. This software can automatically load the corresponding English subtitles when the movie is played locally (you can pre-download the corresponding subtitle file, you can also analyze the movie dialogue in real-time to generate subtitles), not only to help us understand English movies, but also to improve the English level.
4. NABCD Analysis:
Many user groups want to be able to improve their English by watching English movies, while English subtitles are the most needed for watching English movies.
You can contact the subtitle group to build your own subtitle database, which can cover most of the famous movies. Or you can use speech recognition to analyze task conversations in a movie to generate subtitles in real time (but this requires a fairly high degree of accuracy).
Users both eliminate the lack of subtitles to see the trouble of the film, do not worry because the subtitles are Chinese and affect the level of English improvement.
There is a lot of dictionary software in this market, but there is no software that has this function, the popularization of English original film now makes the software with this function greatly improved.
As students, many people like to use the computer to see the original movie in the dormitory, so can use the campus platform to vigorously promote the software, the effect should be very satisfactory.
Third, software team development and role configuration
1. Role Configuration
Project Manager 1 People, develop 2 people, test 1 people, art 1 people
2. Schedule (This section is similar to the software development in the analysis section above, so it is not detailed)
1-4 Weeks: Market research, full participation, from different angles to give advice and form the basic ideas, Project manager summary;
5-9 weeks: Implement basic functionality. The project manager organizes assignments, periodically views the progress of team tasks, and develops and works with key working hours;
10-11 weeks: Test basic functions and fix bugs; project managers organize assignments, review team tasks regularly, test staff focus on working hours, develop and work with artists to repair;
12-13 weeks: Complete the more trivial function details and do code optimization, in the market advertising, for the beta release of the pre-heating; The project manager organizes assignments, periodically views the team's task progress, and is responsible for the ad input; others cooperate to complete the software optimization;
14 weeks: Release beta, collect user feedback and make analysis; project manager is good at communicating with the market;
15 weeks: Improve the software upgrade, full participation;
16 weeks: Release the official version.
#个人博客作业Week3--Bing Dictionary case study