Although not written Mac installation methods and use, but the methods are very different, the same.XAMPP Introduction
XAMPP is an open source, free Web server software, after simple installation, you can build a server environment on your PC. This article presents a summary of the installation of XAMPP (apache+mysql+php) in Windows and how to use them and their related issues.
First, what is XAMPP
XAMPP (X-System, A-apache,m-mysql,p-php,p-phpmyadmin/perl) This abbreviated name describes the files that are included in the XAMPP installation package: Apache Web server, Mysql database, PHP, Perl, FTP Service programs (FILEZILLAFTP) and phpMyAdmin. Simply put, XAMPP is an integrated apache+mysql+php Server System Development Kit that also includes the tools to manage MySQL phpmyadmin to visualize MySQL. With this tight integration, XAMPP can run any program: from the personal homepage to the full-featured product site (although this is for development purposes only; For security reasons, XAMPP is not suitable for use on the product server).
Second, how to obtain XAMPP
XAMPP is free of charge and can be visited on the XAMPP website for relevant information (http://www.apachefriends.org/zh_cn/xampp.html). The current version is 1.7.7, with XAMPP for Linux, Windows, Mac OS x, and Solaris. There are 3 types of file downloads under the Windows operating system:
Third, how to install XAMPP under Win7
If your Windows system already has Wamp installed, you should uninstall Apache, MySQL, and PHP first. Because these are already integrated in the XAMPP. Uninstall method here does not introduce, own Baidu Google slightly. In fact, if the previously used Apache is not the installation version, you can not uninstall. But MySQL will uninstall, MySQL completely uninstall a bit of trouble, here to provide my reference to uninstall Method link: http://www.cnblogs.com/85538649/archive/2011/08/03/2126171.html
installation Method A: installation for the downloaded EXE installation package
Because the author download is compressed green file (support green light), so did not have, hereby give the XAMPP official website Installation Guidance page for reference, website: http://www.apachefriends.org/zh_cn/xampp-windows.html or http://www.cnblogs.com/bnuvincent/archive/2010/11/09/1872358.html.
installation Method B: installation of compressed files for download
If you do not have to install the package, you can download the 7-zip package or ZIP archive and unzip it into the folder of your choice. I unzipped to the D drive, the extracted path is D:\XAMPP, as shown (click on the larger image):
Then open the folder where XAMPP is located and run the "Setup-xampp.bat" in it. This allows the path information in the configuration file to be updated.
Press "Any key to continue" to install successfully
Iv. Starting XAMPP and testing
1. Start the XAMPP console
Double-click on the XAMPP directory: Xampp-control.exe, start the console for XAMPP, and control the start and stop of Apache and MySQL in this console:
Control Panel Setup Instructions:
We can see some basic control functions of XAMPP 1.7.2, note that these functions are not recommended to register as a service (boot start), each time you use it as a software to run it, so that in the non-use of XAMPP to save resources. In other words, the PC is not used as a Web server for a long time, so modules set the SVC before the tick, select the SVC mode XAMPP will be registered as Windows system services, each time the system starts, the Apache, MySQL modules will be launched. When you need to start Apache or MySQL, just open the Xampp Control Panel, next to the corresponding start, then you will see the running status started. You can consider registering a service if you are using it as a server for a long time.
About some of the default configurations in XAMPP and the related configuration files:
1) XAMPP Mysql's default account password is (this is also phpMyAdmin login with the account and password):
User:root Password: (empty)
2) XAMPP FileZilla ftp default account password is:
user:anonymous Password: [Email protected]
3) XAMPP Mercury's default account password is:
Postmaster:postmaster ([email protected])
Administrator:admin ([email protected])
4) The default account password for XAMPP WebDAV is:
5) The profile path of the XAMPP in the related service is:
6) The default path for XAMPP's Web site root directory is: \xampp\htdocs;
7) What is the default path to XAMPP MySQL database to save data? \xampp\mysql\data;
2. Test whether the XAMPP is installed successfully
Enter http://localhost/xampp/in the browser address bar, if the first login, will select the server language, you can choose Simplified Chinese, and then enter the server configuration system interface, as shown in. Installation started successfully:
V. Using phpMyAdmin in XAMPP to manage MySQL database:
In Xampp, mainly through the phpMyAdmin management MySQL database, before the management of the MySQL database, first with edipluus (a light and powerful text viewing editor) to open the phpMyAdmin folder located in the XAMPP installation directory (such as: D:\ Xampp\phpmyadmin) in the config.inc.php file, and make some changes:[PHP]View Plaincopy
1, in the browser address input http://localhost/xampp/, access the main interface, and in the left navigation bar, select the phpMyAdmin option in the toolbar:
2, click the phpMyAdmin option, will open the phpMyAdmin Welcome screen, then will be asked to enter the user name and password, here you can enter the MySQL user name and password, select the language (Simplified Chinese):
3 . When you click the Execute button, you can enter the page where you created the database.
4. Create a new database: under MySQL localhost header, you can create a new database, enter the name of the database in the first input box, the character set in the second drop-down box, and refer to the "Character set" tab in this page for a description of the character set. There is a detailed description of each character. I chose Utf8_genneral_ci, click Create, complete the database creation. ：
5. Create a database table:
1) New data table: Once the database is created, you will be prompted to create a table in the new database, and it is recommended that the data table be created immediately. The name of the input box, such as user, the number of fields to describe the number of fields in this table, where the author has 3 fields. ：
2) Create the table structure: after clicking "Execute", it will go to the table structure such as setting field name and field type, setting the field, after completing, click "Save" to complete the form creation:
3) View table structure: See Figure;
4) Insert data: Once the table is created, you can insert data into the table. Click the Insert tab, go to the Add Table Records page, if you want to insert more than one data at a time, you can find the continuation insert, and select the number of records to add in the drop-down box, fill in the data information, change the insertion position of the record to "insert a new line", and then click the bottom "execute" button. To submit all the information together:
5) View the data: after adding the records, click on the "Browse" tab under the Data record list in the card:
6) Delete data: Select the data you want to delete, then click Delete.
Vi. Security console for XAMPP
As mentioned earlier, XAMPP is not intended for production environments, it only serves developers. For the convenience of developers, XAMPP is configured by default to turn all features on. This is very good for the development environment, but it can be disastrous for production environments. The following is a list of security issues for the XAMPP default configuration:
1) The MySQL administrator (root) does not have a password set.
2) The MySQL server can be accessed over the network.
3) PhpMyAdmin can be accessed over the network.
4) The sample can be accessed over the network.
5) Users of the Mercury mail server and FileZilla FTP server are public.
So everyone should ensure the security of XAMPP before releasing something online. Sometimes, a firewall or an external router is safe enough. First, you can try the network-based "XAMPP security console", which fixes most of the security weaknesses, such as MySQL, PhpMyAdmin's administrator password, and XAMPP's directory protection can be set here. For Mercury mail servers and FileZilla FTP servers, remember to change configuration settings (such as user name and password). If you don't need these services, don't start them-it's also safe.
Seven, Xampp frequently asked questions
1. Where should my Web documents be placed?
All network documents are placed in the Htdocs home folder (. \xampp\htdocs). If you put the test.html file here, you can access it through http://localhost/test.html. PHP or CGI files are also placed here. Other WWW subfolders can be created under the Htdocs directory. For example, by placing test.html in the. \xampp\htdocs\new path, you can access the file by entering http://localhost/new/test.html in the address bar of the browser.
More file features Overview:
2. Can I move XAMPP?
Yes, but limited to Zip/7-zip compression pack version of XAMPP. After the move operation, you must run "setup-xampp" to make the configuration file updated. Please do not attempt to install version of XAMPP in this way. If you are using the installation version of XAMPP, you can copy it (instead of moving it) one copy and place it under a new path, and then run "setup-xampp" to make the configuration file updated. Give it a try! :)
3. How do I configure the default start page?
If you access a http://localhost/xampp/-like folder in your browser, the Apache server will automatically return a default start page. Apache will automatically look for an existing index page similar to index.php. The "directoryindex" directive in httpd.conf is responsible for this function. Here you can define the name and protocol of the default start page. XAMPP in the default state, the list of "DirectoryIndex" directives is as follows:
index.php index.php4 index.php3 index.cgi index.pl index.html index.htm index.html.varindex.phtml
4. How do I switch between PHP5 and PHP4?
XAMPP (non-lite version!) ) contains PHP5 and PHP4. Please use "Php-switch.bat" ($path-to-xampp\xampp\php-switch.bat) to switch versions. Note: Please stop the Apache server before switching versions.
5. Where can I change the configuration file?
6. What are these folders?
\xampp\anonymous Anonymous FTP Sample folder
\xampp\apache Apache Server
\xampp\cgi-bin executable CGI Scripts
\XAMPP\FILEZILLAFTP FileZilla FTP Server
\xampp\htdocs the Home folder of the HTTP document
\xampp\install for XAMPP installation (do not delete!) ）
\xampp\mercurymail Mercury Mail SMTP POP3 IMAP server
\xampp\mysql MySQL Server
\xampp\php PHP (4 and 5)
\xampp\security Additional Security Configuration
\xampp\tmp Temp Folder
\xampp\webalizer Webalizer Network Status
\xampp\webdav WebDAV Sample
7, XAMPP and system services
For all nt/2000 users, you will find installation/uninstallation files that configure all servers as system services in the package's respective path.
8. MySQL and PHP
MySQL "root" user default state is no password, so in PHP you can use mysql_connect ("localhost", "root", "") to connect to the MySQL server, if you want to set a password for the "root" user in MySQL, Please use the "mysqladmin" command in the console. For example:
\...\xampp\mysql\bin\mysqladmin-u Root Password secret
Please note that after you change the root password, do not forget to change the information in the PHPMyAdmin. Under \...\xampp\phpmyadmin\, search for "config.inc.php" and edit the following lines:
$cfg [' Servers '] [$i] [' user '] = ' root '; MySQL SuperUser
$cfg [' Servers '] [$i] [' auth_type '] = ' http '; HTTP MySQL authentification
From now on, you need to enter the "root" password correctly to start PHPMyAdmin
XAMPP Introduction, Safety, use