A Free Trial That Lets You Build Big!
Start building with 50+ products and up to 12 months usage for Elastic Compute Service
Currently, jobs in the software field are classified as follows:
Sales: presales engineers, aftersales engineers, and system integration engineers;
Testing: Test Engineer and product test Manager;
Project management: Project Manager and QA Engineer;
System: network engineers and infrastructure engineers;
Security: Security System Administrator, network security administrator, security development engineer;
Maintenance: Database Administrator, system administrator, and system operation and maintenance Administrator
Development: Demand analyst, Development Engineer, Human-Machine System Development Engineer, system analyst, architect;
1. The higher the complexity of the software, the further subdivided positions in the software industry are conducive to cooperation to better solve problems and improve efficiency. Increasingly subdivided software jobs are bad news for people who are interested in the software industry. They do not know which position to strive for in the future! It helps you understand the current positions in the software industry, the specific responsibilities of these positions, and the technical knowledge or quality required for these jobs. Determine the confidence in your career and see what options you may have in the software industry. In your software career, you may encounter various job opportunities. The development of each job varies with the characteristics or personality of each person. For the ever-changing IT industry, it is helpful to determine the target and plan in advance.
While introducing each type of job, we will learn about some common tools in the industry, such as: WinRunner, LoadRunner, and TD for testing. SourceSafe, StarTeam, and ProjectManager will be used in project management; enerprise effecect and Rose Rational are used for development and design. Students who wish to engage in certain positions in the future should understand some tools and work conditions used in the industry, so as to avoid closed doors and blind learning, you can also propose these tools during the interview to indicate that you have used or used these tools to improve your competitiveness.
2. help students understand the technical composition of typical software enterprises. When looking at recruitment from a strange company, they can really understand the technical requirements of these positions and be well prepared when applying. Each software enterprise has different fields, for example, some major businesses such as communication and telecommunications, some species such as medical software, and some mainly engaged in logistics software. Although the main business and customers of these enterprises are not the same, their working mechanisms are basically the same and they all have similar organizational structures. The proportions of positions and technical forces may be different. Don't look at the recruitment requirements. If you have prepared hard work and accumulated work experience for this type of job before, try it.
3. Now that you know about the composition of typical software and technology positions, the technical requirements for these positions vary in personality and have different professional characteristics. Where are you interested in, your characteristics are more suitable for development. I hope this lecture will help you.
The software industry has similar marketing personnel as in other industries, compared with sales personnel selling products in malls and TV shopping, software Sales jobs require high technical knowledge, detailed understanding of software products (including product application scope, technical characteristics, technical comparison of similar products, customer technical application environment, Software Industry demonstration of features and cost effectiveness ), the reason why a presales engineer is an "engineer" is that he must master very professional skills. Unlike shopping mall TV sales and rice cookers, after several days of training, he can take up his post, an excellent pre-sales engineer may have worked on software development in a certain industry for many years. He has accumulated many years of understanding about software in this industry, and is very familiar with the industrial requirements of such software and its application in various enterprises, he will know how to configure or implement his own software to meet the user's needs. When the user asks about some technical features, he can calmly cope with and show his confidence in selling the software, it can also deliver some technical advantages of the software sold to customers. The vast majority of the current software market is the buyer's market. The customer's business needs have been mined almost by software companies, how to make your products play an important role in the technical aspects of the customer's psychology, not only to fully master the current popular technology, but also to fully understand the customer's detailed needs, the technology and functions of these products can be reasonably and affectionately aligned with the customer's needs. These are the basic qualities that a good presales engineer must possess. There are also some PR capabilities.
For example, a customer is a famous electrical appliance manufacturer in China and is preparing a computer management system. Prior to visiting customers, presales engineers have prepared a set of product PPT to demonstrate functions related to production planning, procurement, manufacturing, warehouse, sales, finance, and assessment. It took nearly a week to prepare materials because of the complexity of the system implementation. When the customer showed the product to the customer at the beginning, the customer interrupted the pre-sales introduction and asked three questions:
Do you know the problems in my enterprise management? What problems can your software solve?
How much do you know about my software in the electrical appliance industry?
I spent millions to buy your software. Is my investment worthwhile?
Because I only paid attention to my products in advance and did not have a deep understanding of this customer, I was not very experienced in the entire industry. I had to answer some similar questions: "effectively reducing inventory and improving order response speed, improve customer satisfaction. The customer politely terminated my speech and declined the offer. He told me that, what he needs is a set of software systems suitable for the electrical industry to solve his company's actual management problems, rather than our set of software.
Presales work is not only mentioned above. His work is more and more like consulting engineers. Good presales have excellent customer communication skills. Provide customers with a strong sense of technical advantages and trust. At the same time, it can truly discover, understand, and solve customer problems.
For example, pre-sales engineers such as Oracle, IBM, Ms, have poor technical capabilities, industry knowledge, manners, and income. Small domestic companies have poor pre-sales experience.
After-sales engineers and system integration engineers:
All belong to the Technical Support Engineers. When the customer buys the software, there will always be various faults in use. Not only does the after-sales service of small software companies often go to the customer's place to solve software operation errors, installation faults, misoperations, data recovery, and other problems. The larger the company, the more powerful it is to provide after-sales technical support, because the business carried by their software is very important, A single exception or error will cause a huge loss to the customer and lead to humiliation in the industry. After-sales engineers must first be very proficient in their own products, be familiar with the running status of each component, the product installation environment, and the customer's business operation status. If any problem occurs, go to the site in time to solve the fault for the customer and recover the loss. The technical characteristics of system integration engineers are similar to those of after-sales engineers. After the customer buys the software, the customer analyzes the customer's business needs and implements the product to meet the customer's requirements.
Why should we put sales in the first lecture? Not only is the sales class highly paid and technically demanding, but also my personal opinion: after so many years of development in the software industry, being transformed into a "traditional industry", a feature of the traditional industry is very important to sales.
1. the characteristics of the "traditional industry" are. 20% of enterprises account for 80% of the market share. large companies in the software industry gradually divide and control the software requirements of different industries, for example, kingdish and yonyou financial software giants in China, Neusoft is a medical software giant, database products include ORACLE MySQL, SQL SERVER, and DB2, which belong to ORACLE, MS, and IBM, which are basically divided into the sales market of database products. Windows XP, VISTA, WIN7, and Ubuntu RedHat snow leopard in the desktop operating system; WebLogic, WebSphere, IIS, and Glassfish in the server; With virtualization, the future development of cloud computing technology in the software industry may be more concentrated and will provide more professional services to customers.
2. Demand promotes the development of technology and leads the transformation of demand development. In the early stage of the software industry, there were such business requirements. There were many requirements such as processing and 3D modeling software, which software can meet these needs first, and his company will be able to develop rapidly. When everyone's software meets the user's needs, which software can achieve good results and stable operation humanization, then its company will eliminate those companies that do not move forward. For example, netAnts flashGet xunLei is currently doing a good job in software and the price is fair. How can customers trust their own products and companies? That is to guide customers' needs, at this moment, technology leads the development of demand. For example, the current primary data, metadata management, SOA, and smart Earth.
3. The proportion of consulting services in the software industry is growing. Many of IBM's businesses are consulting services. One report is 30 pages, with a time of 0.6 million in a month. The pre-sales activities in the software industry are very similar to consulting services. The pre-sales engineers visit the customers and talk with the customers to understand the business conditions and characteristics, discover and understand the existing problems, and propose targeted solutions, compare your solutions with other companies in terms of technology and economics.
Start building with 50+ products and up to 12 months usage for Elastic Compute Service